BT Moto or Moore Mafia ECU flash - which is better?

Gen3lover

Registered
BT moto costs $805 and Moore costs $345.
Both appear to do the same things performance-wise but Moore is less than half the price of BT.
Are there any real performance differences between the two?

One thing that might matter a lot is that BT sends you a handheld tuner allowing you to return the tune to stock so your warranty isn’t voided if you go in for warranty work at the dealer.
With Moore you’d have to ship the ECU back to him to return to stock, then back to him again to put his tune back on.

Regardless of which tune, gains from both appear to be nominal without an exhaust, sprint air filter and velocity stacks.

What does the forum braintrust think about these two tunes?
Are there others that are better?

Might be better to ask Smith or Six but I’m pretty sure the dealer can see a tune was on even if you flash your stock tune back in before heading to the dealer. At least with my mustang there was always some indicator which actually gave a count as to how many times the tune was messed with. Not sure there’s a way around that for us normal people.

Well according to another Moore vid I saw today, he said when he returns the ECU to stock there is no trace that it was ever flashed differently.
At least, that’s what Chris Moore says.

if you worried about the warranty leave it stock. technically the magnuson moss warranty act protects owner when using aftermarket parts. the part/ mod has to be the cause the damage.

neither is actually better since the tuner is just adjusting a factory ecu. a mail order tune should be conservative bc its hard to truly dial an engine in without the tuner seeing how the changes affect the engine.

neither is actually better since the tuner is just adjusting a factory ecu. a mail order tune should be conservative bc its hard to truly dial an engine in without the tuner seeing how the changes affect the engine.
Makes sense.
I sold my BMW S1000RR this year and Bren tuning is all those guys talk about.
On Busas it seems to be the Moore tune that everyone is in love with.

The only advantage I can see to Bren is that they send you their handheld device so if you add a mod that affects the tune they can download a new tune and you can transfer it to the bike without having to mail in the ECU.
Same thing if you need to return to stock for warranty work.

I wish the Bren Tune handheld was more like a Cobb Accsessport with a display. So you can monitor things like oil temp AFR ignition correction and so on. If they came out with that or an accessory that was a display you could mount up near the dash that would be great.

Reactions: pcs
Back