Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir

Remember the Shamrock/Gracie fight that came on Showtime or HBO (can't remember which one it was on)...about a year and a half ago. They stopped the fight in the second round for a knee to the back of the head. Shamrock was outclassed, so he resorted to cheap shots.

I have no hard feelings for the UFC standing people up for cheap shots like blows to the back of the head.

Jiu-Jitsu has been proven to be the most affective fighting style in MMA fighting but since the UFC needs to sell tickets they stand everyone up when the crowd gets bored. I will admit that Jiu-Jitsu or any ground fighting style can be boring to watch.

Those like Frank Mir would be unstoppable if the UFC went back to "no rules" and ground fighters were allowed to work their submissions.

That fight reminded me of the original Royce Gracie fights were he took a pounding but finished with a quick submission.

Frank put on quite abit of weight to try and match Brock...but I think it actually hurt him. His forte is his speed and submission skills.....he looked a little slow in this fight.
90 seconds to make the hulk tap out....yeah he was in slow motion  
rofl.gif

Frank put on quite abit of weight to try and match Brock...but I think it actually hurt him. His forte is his speed and submission skills.....he looked a little slow in this fight.
90 seconds to make the hulk tap out....yeah he was in slow motion  
rofl.gif
True dat
winkold.gif
but I don't think he would have taken as many of the punches he took if he was lighter on his feet, and at his usual weight. And I think he woulda finished Lesnar off even quicker
winkold.gif
laugh.gif

winkold.gif

Back