Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir

redkat05

Dear spring....... HURRY!
Donating Member
Registered
I for one can't freakin wait. This is gonna be a badass fight and i haven't had this much anticipation for a fight since the last Ortiz vs Shamrock fight. Lets hear everyone's thoughts!

Lesnar has been training for this for the past two years. he looks to be in excellent shape, and seeing some of his power, i'd have to go with him all the way.

If I had to bet, I'd put my money on Mir based on his MMA experience. Brock is a wrestler which more than likely means he'll want to take Mir to the ground. That's where you don't want to be against Mir.

Yet still, I hope Brock smashes him and fights Tim Silvia in the future.

Lesnar is a former ncaa wrestling champ and several times runner up at nationals, he knows how to move on the grappling sector. Alot of folks gave him sh*t when he announced at K1 that he wanted to fight mma but he's a monster that has solid background and is extremely dedicated to training and im puttin my money on him, he's no pu**y

Money on Lesnar.. I believe he'll display his power in the stand up by knocking Mir out.. He's been training this long, gotta believe his stand-up is at least credible.

i dunno if he'll knock him out but that would be a great sight. I love when guys get trash talked then come out whoopin ass. Regardless how it turns out Lesnar is gonna be a force to be reckoned with.

I just hope it's a good fight. Good hits, good grappling, some blood.. and longer than 2 minutes.
thumb_up.gif

sadnews.gif
Dang it, Honey... you couldn't just leave it at "I hope it's a good fight"~ You just had to go a bring our sex life into it... jeez!
banghead.gif

Mir is a damn fine artist in the Octagon.. and yes, it's a whole new game for Lesner... but I think Brock will hold his own a put a beatin on Frank if he's able to connect just one of his powerful blows~
boxing.gif

Brock is a great athlete, Mir is not as great as he used to be. Put on a Brock vs Kimbo Slice that would be a better match, Both are Newbies to the game.

yeah as much as i'd like to see Tank Abbot whoop kimbo, i think kimbo's gonna trash him

Dey boff be fags, so wut be da difence who win it....fightin and vilense is fo morons.
skydiver57 vs spelling...wonder whose going to win?

Mir should have lost...the fight was stopped by the ref and then allowed to continue. Lesnar was owning Mir at first and then Mir got the leg lock in tight. There will be a rematch...Lesnar is no joke, it was just a badly reffed match. I wouldn't be surprised if Lensar and Mir end up being coaches on another Ultimate Fighter show in the future...

Brock took him down a second time after the fight was stopped and landed some hammer fists just as he was doing before the fight stopped.

Stoppage or no stoppage, I still feel Mir would have submitted Lesnar.

I kinda hoped Lesnar and Silva (even though I was rooting for Noguerra* and Mir) would win so that they may one day meet up. Those 2 katz might be the only heavyweights who have to cut weight in order to make the class. I think it would make for an interesting fight. Maybe they still meet up since they both lost.

LESNAR with more experience will be a DOMINATOR in that class

Dey boff be fags, so wut be da difence who win it....fightin and vilense is fo morons.
skydiver57 vs spelling...wonder whose going to win?

Mir should have lost...the fight was stopped by the ref and then allowed to continue.  Lesnar was owning Mir at first and then Mir got the leg lock in tight.  There will be a rematch...Lesnar is no joke, it was just a badly reffed match.  I wouldn't be surprised if Lensar and Mir end up being coaches on another Ultimate Fighter show in the future...
The fight was stopped cause Lesnar was hitting to the back of the head...which is against the rules in the UFC. Just like for a low blow, Frank gets time to recover...thats why there was a break then they continued. Lesnar did look like an animal tho. Frank put on quite abit of weight to try and match Brock...but I think it actually hurt him. His forte is his speed and submission skills.....he looked a little slow in this fight.

LESNAR with more experience will be a DOMINATOR in that class
you are exactly right.
i didnt understand the match up from the start. the only reason mir isnt still at the top is because of a bike wreck.
experience vs. inexperience = quick submission hold. lessner was workin his a** until mir got on his back. even when mir had 2 arm bars lesner just ripped his arm right out of mir's grasp. lesner spent to much time standing over mir without doing anything and thats all mir was lookin for.
mir even admitted that he was in trouble until he figured out lesners weak spot(inexperience).
congrats to mir though you have to be 1/2 bad a**, 1/2 crazy to get in a ring with a guy that big.
lesners next fight will be against a stand up guy. all he needs is time. imo

I got nothing but respect for Lesnar.. he was beating the snot out of Mir.

But what is up with the ref stopping the fight when Lesnar hit the back of his head? AND taking a point? Couple fights before.. they guy hit the other in the back of the head TWICE and just got warnings.

But with a little more experience Lesnar is gonna be a force to be reckoned with. Those blows he was landing on Mir's face made my head hurt.  
crazy.gif
But he needs to learn how to avoid the submission holds.

Back