Brock Exhaust

Hi Guys, hope 2011 is going well for all of you. I have a Brocks Short Meg full exhaust system and I was wondering how loud is it with the baffle removed. Even if I keep it under 5000 rpm will the police be on my ass? Thanks

Why?????:banghead::banghead:

That is probably one of the most advanced engineered exhaust systems available and it was designed to be operated with the baffle (what little there is to begin with). Why would you want to alter it? It is plenty loud enough as it is (some would say excessively loud). You spent a boat load of money on a system to perform as designed. If you wanted noisy you could have saved you money and run your stock headers with no cans.

The best way I can describe the sound is..... think sidewinder loud. It's a short tube, megaphoned, exhaust. Just leave it in.

Why?????:banghead::banghead:

That is probably one of the most advanced engineered exhaust systems available and it was designed to be operated with the baffle (what little there is to begin with). Why would you want to alter it? It is plenty loud enough as it is (some would say excessively loud). You spent a boat load of money on a system to perform as designed. If you wanted noisy you could have saved you money and run your stock headers with no cans.

The ShortMeg is designed to run either way.

To the OP it's is quite a bit louder but it has a deeper growl to it at idle. It doesn't change the tone too much when your riding. On mine I pulled the baffle and took the packing off and put it back in. I love the way mine sounds like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure how different it is from the alien head but thats what i have and its not bad just driving around town. not as loud as the harley riders. however, once you get above say 3 grand it starts to wake up a bit and after 5 it gets loud. get above 8 and the beast is alive

Not sure how different it is from the alien head but thats what i have and its not bad just driving around town. not as loud as the harley riders. however, once you get above say 3 grand it starts to wake up a bit and after 5 it gets loud. get above 8 and the beast is alive

+1:beerchug:

have the normal streetmeg on my 08 and love it. Very nice, mellow growl that is pretty loud sometimes, but not obnoxious. Tried to remove the baffle a few times, but that thing is in there good! Didn't want to come out easily and in fear of damaging the pipe, i just left it alone. Can't imagine how loud it would be without the baffle though, plenty loud enough with the baffle in

Back