Bridgestone battlecraps...?

(jmaz268 @ Mar. 29 2007,16:56)
(Over_Easy @ Mar. 29 2007,13:56) I'd stick with the same brand front and rear if I was in need of both.  I would go with a better tire than the BT56 however, especially when your only looking at $50 for the front and not the rear - it's not like he's giving it to you.

Most will go through 2 rears for every front tire.  I'm currently running the new Metzler M3 rear w/ my stock BT56 front.  Unless you plan on doing some serious track days it won't make a lick of difference running two different performance types of tires front and rear.  And I get into the twisties pretty damn well with no ill side effects.

Front and rear operate independent of one another and each is controlled by you, the rider.  One free rolls & one is engine driven, each have independent suspension and braking systems as well.

As a FL rider, IMO, I would go with the Avons.  The high arched profile of the M3, MX Pilot Powers, Dunlop QUA, etc. will wear the center tread out right quick down here and the Avons have more a of a rounder/flatter center.  You will get more miles out of the Avons although I have yet to try them myself...they will be my next tire.
+1 you always want the same brand and same model IMO.  I noticed a huge difference when i had the stock front and an M1 on the rear. Once I changed front to M1 also....HUGE DIFFERENCE.

the problem is the angle of the tires wont match and cause a)wearing out fasting as more weight will be on one than other b)more effort to turn c) and possible wrecking

but who am I, sometimes you gotta do what you do when cash is short, just be careful
Once I got rid of the stock rear BT-56 I noticed a HUGE difference as well...FOR THE BETTER. It falls into the corners much better and put more rubber on the ground at lean angle due to it's higher arch. The change to the front will be more subtle.

Also, he's riding in FL...believe me it's hard to wear down the edges of your tires around here. Most will rip through the center thread w/ 50% left on the sides. Not due to lack of aggressive riding, just lack of places to ride that aggressive at lean angles.

That's why I'm thinking of the Avons next go around, great mileage in comparison and they hold up well in the twisties to boot from what everyone has expressed.

I'm going thru 3rd tires with my front tires(original BT-56) anyway, if you use lil bit softer tires in front? it wouldn't be a bad idea...(+you don't have any room for errors in the front...what so ever...)
bowdown.gif

Back