Bridgestone battlecraps...?

BUSADOOK

Registered
I have noticed that the new hayabusa's come with battlaxes. Well, i need a new front tire and a friend of mine has a brand new battlax he'll sell me for $50.00 are they good tires? i've heard some bad things about them. My other option is a dunlop 207 that i have on my 750. Which tire would be better on the busa? i can always swap the 207 and put the battlax on the 750.

What's on the rear of the Busa
rock.gif

(Leo @ Mar. 29 2007,07:06) What's on the rear of the Busa
rock.gif
Yeah, what he said, and for $50 bucks you can wait until you need to change both for a real performance feel. I never change brands between fronts and rears since they are designed to work together by the factory. But for $50 bucks I would use it and be careful until the rear needed changing.  That way if it didn't really work out, I'am only out $50 bucks and maybe someone else could use it
beerchug.gif

Didn't care for them myself, but I'm a Michelin man. Always have been

ther's a supercorsa track scrub on the back right now. i'm in the process of replacing them both. should i buy it and buy a battlax for the back also? it's a bt56 which is the stock busa front tire. I bought the bike with what is on it, and the guy who owned it before me obviously never really rode it.

(BUSADOOK @ Mar. 29 2007,09:26) ther's a supercorsa track scrub on the back right now. i'm in the process of replacing them both. should i buy it and buy a battlax for the back also? it's a bt56 which is the stock busa front tire. I bought the bike with what is on it, and the guy who owned it before me obviously never really rode it.
The Bt56 is OK, there are much better tires out there... in my opinion, change out both.  What's your riding style? Is most your riding on flats or in the canyons
rock.gif

well, i'm in florida, so i try to find twisties, but ther's not many. when i turn i want grip. i don't want to have to worry about slippage.

Do you think a Dunlop 207 for the front, and a qualifier for the rear would be a better choice? I have a brand new 207 also.

i jus put on a bt 020 . on the busa and really like it. i went to the skyway sunday and they did me a very good job on the road.

(BUSADOOK @ Mar. 29 2007,11:23) what is the difference in numbers? bt020? bt56?
BT 020 is a Sport touring tire. OEM fitment on several ST type bikes.

The BT56 Was OEM on the Busa (special busa specific construction on these) and a few other bikes years ago. It is much more sport oriented than the BT020.

Hope that helps.

I'd stick with the same brand front and rear if I was in need of both.  I would go with a better tire than the BT56 however, especially when your only looking at $50 for the front and not the rear - it's not like he's giving it to you.

Most will go through 2 rears for every front tire.  I'm currently running the new Metzler M3 rear w/ my stock BT56 front.  Unless you plan on doing some serious track days it won't make a lick of difference running two different performance types of tires front and rear. And I get into the twisties pretty damn well with no ill side effects.

Front and rear operate independent of one another and each is controlled by you, the rider. One free rolls & one is engine driven, each have independent suspension and braking systems as well.

As a FL rider, IMO, I would go with the Avons.  The high arched profile of the M3, MX Pilot Powers, Dunlop QUA, etc. will wear the center tread out right quick down here and the Avons have more a of a rounder/flatter center.  You will get more miles out of the Avons although I have yet to try them myself...they will be my next tire.

i have a dunlop qualifier on my 750, and it's really smooth. i havn't put a tom of miles on it yet, but i like it. too bad they don't both take 180's or i'de out the scrub on the 750, and put the qualifier on the busa.

(BUSADOOK @ Mar. 29 2007,12:23) i have a dunlop qualifier on my 750, and it's really smooth. i havn't put a tom of miles on it yet, but i like it. too bad they don't both take 180's or i'de out the scrub on the 750, and put the qualifier on the busa.
Won't they both take a 180...depending on the ratio, 50 or 55.  Many do it to the Busa for track days and sharper riding in the twisties.

I'd buy that battleax for $50 in a minute. My factory front is still in decent shape after 11K hard miles. Running Michelins now. $330 and installation
SHOCKED.gif

the track scrub that's on it now is a 180, but like the wider tire look. i thinkn the 180 looks funny on there.

It's not that big of a difference between a 180 to a 190. Now if you were comparing a 170 to a 190, then that would be something more easily noticed.

(Over_Easy @ Mar. 29 2007,13:56) I'd stick with the same brand front and rear if I was in need of both. I would go with a better tire than the BT56 however, especially when your only looking at $50 for the front and not the rear - it's not like he's giving it to you.

Most will go through 2 rears for every front tire. I'm currently running the new Metzler M3 rear w/ my stock BT56 front. Unless you plan on doing some serious track days it won't make a lick of difference running two different performance types of tires front and rear. And I get into the twisties pretty damn well with no ill side effects.

Front and rear operate independent of one another and each is controlled by you, the rider. One free rolls & one is engine driven, each have independent suspension and braking systems as well.

As a FL rider, IMO, I would go with the Avons. The high arched profile of the M3, MX Pilot Powers, Dunlop QUA, etc. will wear the center tread out right quick down here and the Avons have more a of a rounder/flatter center. You will get more miles out of the Avons although I have yet to try them myself...they will be my next tire.
+1 you always want the same brand and same model IMO. I noticed a huge difference when i had the stock front and an M1 on the rear. Once I changed front to M1 also....HUGE DIFFERENCE.

the problem is the angle of the tires wont match and cause a)wearing out fasting as more weight will be on one than other b)more effort to turn c) and possible wrecking

but who am I, sometimes you gotta do what you do when cash is short, just be careful

Back