Brake Question?

gregsbusa

Registered
I lifted the front end up lastnight and noticed when I spun the wheel the brakes would grab about 1/4 of the rotor and the other 3/4 spun ok. I took the calipers off and spun the wheel but cant see that the rotor is warped. The brake pads look fine, even wear on all pads, so I dont think a caliper is sticking. Would the rotors warp after 9k miles, and what causes them to warp so easy, I am not that hard on the bike and I really take care of it. Would this also effect handling, especially when coming to a stop,I noticed the bike wants to wobble left and right.

Completely normal. Its the effect of floating rotors. Ride the wheels off that fat girl and enjoy! :beerchug:

Little bit of rub is normal. I boiled my brake fluid hauling the Busa down to a stop for two days at Barber a few weeks back. Brakes got air in the lines and with that they scrubbed the pads even more. I don't think you could ever warp the rotors on the street. I changed the fluid and still have some air in there...need a brake bleeder for sure. Ride on, you'll be fine!

Mine has been doing this since I put new brakes on my bike. I was wondering the same thing but now I have my ansewer. I love the org. Thanks guys:thumbsup:

Mine too! Noisy but they work really well with bembo master, ss lines, and HH brake pads! Stops tons better with great feel!

Back