Brake lever fading after some turns

Carbon lines are just a carbon sleeve covering the same inner tube as all other braided lines bro .
As for the brake fade , got me stumped ... swap out the rotors , maybe to ductile iron , or swap out the calipers for Brembo and sell your Accossato .
Not real helpful I know , but you have covered every other angle .
Rotors are T drive Brembo and about the calipers I just bought the Accossato and work even better than my previous brembo which also suffered this problem

As a long shot, only thing I can offer is a possible mixing of different brake fluid types. As in Dot 3/4/5/5.1
As some are glycol-based and others which are silicone-based. Maybe some cross contamination of fluids??
Sorry, that's all I can offer...
Been using motul 660 for a long time

I was thinking the same thing. But with SO many brake bleeds surely the fluid has been checked by now. My only other out of the box idea is somehow air is getting in with with every pull through a gasket failure in the M/C. I'm stuck otherwise
That could be an option but I guess it would fade even when the system is could, wouldn't it? I also tried 3 different MC

My crappy oem gen 1 res and calipers don’t have any fade. If all else fails you can always trade with me and I can live with your ghost fade :poke::poke:

Just messing with ya, my techs had a similar issue recently with a fuel system on a truck....they bled it, it worked great we roadtested and then delivered. 2 days after, truck stuck on road no fuel pressure. Got it back bled it out sent it back same issue.

What you can do (I think) is maybe try to dry out the system and pull a small vacuum. See if the system can hold that small vacuum. I mean really when you break it down the only thing It can be is a disturbance of flow. It’s just finding the why the where and the how.

Check out what I found on the truck. There was 2 small nicks in the fuel filter housing my guys missed (changing the filter without sufficient lighting, and just not being thorough)

View attachment 1599062

View attachment 1599063
Thanks for your post, I wouldn't really know how to vacuum the system... It will always suck some fluid, right?

What are the piston sizes on the Accossato calipers ? So you had been running a RCS 19x18 , 19x20 , and have tried the 19x20 ratio ? Have you got a picture of calipers you can post ? Also , the lever travel adjustment , have you got it out along way for more distance to pull ?
The pistons size is 34 mm, in theory more than enough. I've tried RCS on both positions 18 and 20 and now I've got a Brembo cnc 19/18. It's not a matter of the lever position, that never changes, it's a matter of feeling change on the lever. The more times you get hard on the brakes, the further back the lever starts to push

DSC_0595.JPG

The 34mm piston is ideally suited to the 19 pump , the 19x20 ratio you would think would of been the best option . I have been told , the 19 RCS pump will provide best all out stopping power for the Brembo 32mm piston calipers I run , but for feel I currently run / chose the 17 RCS with bigger rotors . The lever feel is great for trailing braking , then full on braking , but what I mean is there is a broad range of take up on my 17 pump , mild to wild . From initial pull on lever milder with a lot of feel feed back , the 19 is said to not give that same feedback . I have a 19 ready to try ,but am waiting to put on later in year .
I have however found the distance of lever position can be a factor , but only experienced this acutely on a clutch RCS on my last GSXR11 . As example , It needed to be adjusted out a long way to compensate for early clutch take up .
The remote adjuster you can buy that cable attaches to the brake pump ( Brembo , TWM pictured ) , is put there to adjust lever out to compensate for brake fade sometimes experienced in racing , so lever position .

It looks like you are running 2 lines , 1 line from each of the calipers , up to pump , 2 banjos connections separated by 2 crush washers , same as I run , so pretty straight forward , should of been routine to bleed up .
Maybe there is a air lock bubble somewhere , that initially has minimal effect until the pump is really worked , this has happened to others and extremely frustrating , in which case you have to persevere . I guess you have done the zip tie the lever pulled into bar , overnight , then crack the bleeder on the pump , but I mention anyway . Also , you have inspected the caliper completely I guess , checked / replaced the seals etc. as necessary .
I guess you are running a pressure switch on your pump for brake light , I think sometimes cheap manufactured pieces , but if no leaks anywhere all should be good . Always comes back to air lock block that is moving around fairly freely , in my opinion .

Last edited:
Dam @ROADTOAD1340 you are like heavens parts guy, you know every top shelf part ever made!

Unfortunately @guitarrasa you seem to know what you are doing and have a real mystery on your hands. Having basically eliminated every variable I can we can think of, the only way forward I see is replacing everything (again) and hope it was some strange gremlin that moves on to bother someone else! Please let us know when you find the problem.

Sorry my brother you may have stumped the Org....

The 34mm piston is ideally suited to the 19 pump , the 19x20 ratio you would think would of been the best option . I have been told , the 19 RCS pump will provide best all out stopping power for the Brembo 32mm piston calipers I run , but for feel I currently run / chose the 17 RCS with bigger rotors . The lever feel is great for trailing braking , then full on braking , but what I mean is there is a broad range of take up on my 17 pump , mild to wild . From initial pull on lever milder with a lot of feel feed back , the 19 is said to not give that same feedback . I have a 19 ready to try ,but am waiting to put on later in year .
I have however found the distance of lever position can be a factor , but only experienced this acutely on a clutch RCS on my last GSXR11 . As example , It needed to be adjusted out a long way to compensate for early clutch take up .
The remote adjuster you can buy that cable attaches to the brake pump ( Brembo , TWM pictured ) , is put there to adjust lever out to compensate for brake fade sometimes experienced in racing , so lever position .View attachment 1599065
It looks like you are running 2 lines , 1 line from each of the calipers , up to pump , 2 banjos connections separated by 2 crush washers , same as I run , so pretty straight forward , should of been routine to bleed up .
Maybe there is a air lock bubble somewhere , that initially has minimal effect until the pump is really worked , this has happened to others and extremely frustrating , in which case you have to persevere . I guess you have done the zip tie the lever pulled into bar , overnight , then crack the bleeder on the pump , but I mention anyway . Also , you have inspected the caliper completely I guess , checked / replaced the seals etc. as necessary .
I guess you are running a pressure switch on your pump for brake light , I think sometimes cheap manufactured pieces , but if no leaks anywhere all should be good . Always comes back to air lock block that is moving around fairly freely , in my opinion .
Hi
17 mm MC are usually for single disc brake systems.
It could be an air bubble but I don't why I haven't been able to remove it from the system.

Dam @ROADTOAD1340 you are like heavens parts guy, you know every top shelf part ever made! View attachment 1599069

Unfortunately @guitarrasa you seem to know what you are doing and have a real mystery on your hands. Having basically eliminated every variable I can we can think of, the only way forward I see is replacing everything (again) and hope it was some strange gremlin that moves on to bother someone else! Please let us know when you find the problem.

I've already changed everything at least twice so... I'm afraid I'm stuck. For sure I'll let you guys now if I ever find the problem

Dam @ROADTOAD1340 you are like heavens parts guy, you know every top shelf part ever made! View attachment 1599069

I got one of those adjusters coming Arch , but the later version that is due through Carpimoto .

Hahahaha , the 17RCS is for 4 piston calipers up to 32mm , good luck with your Accosatto setup mate , swap em out for Brembo fast !!View attachment 1599075
Congratulation for your Brembo set up, but it's not the brand what is making the difference here, I used to have on my bike a Brembo 19/18 CNC MC and some CNC P4 30/34 pistons, t drive rotors and it didn't matter and honestly, I find Accossato a little bit better but hey, I still have my Brembo calipers at home, better than the ones that you've got on your bike so if you want them I can sell them to you ;-)

Congratulation for your Brembo set up, but it's not the brand what is making the difference here, I used to have on my bike a Brembo 19/18 CNC MC and some CNC P4 30/34 pistons, t drive rotors and it didn't matter and honestly, I find Accossato a little bit better but hey, I still have my Brembo calipers at home, better than the ones that you've got on your bike so if you want them I can sell them to you ;-)
PIC please , monoblocs i hope and cheap like spanish oranges !!

Hey mate P4 are two piece and good but not the best street Brembo , that is reserved for GP4-RX and .484 !!
Cast Accossato that good eh ...... must be missing some info there mate !!
484? Seriously?
Look I'm just trying to figure out this problem not showing off my calipers, so if you can't say anything positive here I would really appreciate if at least you stick to the subject.
BTW I don't know what you mean about missing info, MATE? I've tried brembo an Accossato, have you?

484? Seriously?
Look I'm just trying to figure out this problem not showing off my calipers, so if you can't say anything positive here I would really appreciate if at least you stick to the subject.
BTW I don't know what you mean about missing info, MATE? I've tried brembo an Accossato, have you?
Hahahaha , look I tried to give you help , you are pissed cos you are stumped , bad luck , don't get pissed at me mate , go back to shop and get them onto it if you cant fix it ..... AIR LOCK !!
GP4-RX / .484 cnc 'd are best street caliper from Brembo , Accossato , make good monoblocs yeah , but they are not for street mate !!
P4 are cnc 2 piece , not bridged , my mate ran them , good but not the best from Brembo . Italian Brembo very good mate , ask them nicely for advice please .

Hahahaha , look I tried to give you help , you are pissed cos you are stumped , bad luck , don't get pissed at me mate , go back to shop and get them onto it if you cant fix it ..... AIR LOCK !!
GP4-RX / .484 cnc 'd are best street caliper from Brembo , Accossato , make good monoblocs yeah , but they are not for street mate !!
P4 are cnc 2 piece , not bridged , my mate ran them , good but not the best from Brembo . Italian Brembo very good mate , ask them nicely for advice please .
Sorry but I can't see your help anywhere and I'm not pissed, you mind reader, just not a big fan of people who look for a place where they can show off. As I said, its not a matter of brand and BTW, the 484 calipers that you've got on your bike don't match with any of the Brembo recommended options.
If you have anything to say to help me I would really appreciate it.
Cheers

Back