BMW 1200 "Busa Killer"

We have the bike that every one uses to measure up. The funny thing about it is that they all fall short.
smile.gif
It's great to own the king of all sports bikes.  
devil.gif

firedevil.gif

race.gif
Is the busa a sportbike? I was told by a member here that it wasn't a sportbike or superbike but a Hyperbike...

Just looking for some clarification...

We have the bike that every one uses to measure up. The funny thing about it is that they all fall short.
smile.gif
It's great to own the king of all sports bikes.  
devil.gif

firedevil.gif

race.gif
Is the busa a sportbike?  I was told by a member here that it wasn't a sportbike or superbike but a Hyperbike...

Just looking for some clarification...
Classified as a sport touring actually, hypebike has a funky sound to it however. Not necessarily a sportbike, more of a sportbike eater!

BD

...BMW build quality and reliability...
Try owning one some time. It ain't all that. My 'Busa -- at only 10k miles -- is already way more reliable and better made than my K bike was. BMW build quality is a total crock...

...and the shaft takes 20% of the hp. Nope.

ED: The new forks (Hossack) will be something to see, however, and BMW brakes are always excellent -- when the power boost doesn't cut out on you.

<!--EDIT|mcoyote
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086320764 -->

...BMW build quality and reliability...
Try owning one some time. It ain't all that. My 'Busa -- at only 10k miles -- is already way more reliable and better made than my K bike was. BMW build quality is a total crock...

...and the shaft takes 20% of the hp. Nope.

ED: The new forks (Hossack) will be something to see, however, and BMW brakes are always excellent -- when the power boost doesn't cut out on you.
I have owned a couple of BMW cars and I have to say that I was rather pleased with the quality and performance. I had a Z3 3.0i and I am telling you that thing would get up like you WOULDN'T beleive... I just couldn't beleive they had an M car which had 100HP more then mine... I test drove the M Roadster with 333 HP and I have to say, that thing was a monster! Loved the feel better then the ZO6 and I have to say... it felt faster as well. (even though it may not be.) I shifted to second gear in the M car and spun the tires in second until I let off the gas a bit to gain traction. I may own one of those someday.

Don't know much about BMW bikes, but I have not seen a sportbike that came out of BMW worth talking about...

Cloud

I get CW. About the only place they say it will beat the busa is on the cover, can we say "marketing sales mags"
They did say top end of the BMW was 186 mph
It does sound like a nice bike, but I have a friend that had a BMW, he sold it because the reliability was not very good.
Also I am sure that the price will be up there a bit.

I do like the look of the bike, but not for me.

Ride safe

...Don't know much about BMW bikes, but I have not seen a sportbike that came out of BMW worth talking about...
Understood...BMW cars are by all accounts better designed and made. Their bikes do not share in this, however. BMW bike owners on the Internet generally fall into two categories:

(a) Those who have all kinds of problems -- usually minor but nonetheless puzzling in a $16k machine -- but consider them to be little anomalies and, btw, BMW walks on water.

(b) Those who have all kinds of problems, complain about them nonstop, and eventually get another bike do-it-all bike, like an FJR, ST, etc., and are much happier (c'est moi).

Mind you, they have some neat ideas that by all rights should pan out better than they do.

I still think -- for example -- the Telelever/Hossack/whatever designs are superior to conventional forks, good ABS brakes are life-savers, and a good, reliable shaft design is a nice thing...

...But a 90hp, 650lb, air-/oil-cooled, $16k, boxer sport-tourer? Nah...160-odd hp and 500lb, however, that's more like it. We'll see.

<!--EDIT|mcoyote
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086356237 -->

I like it 1127!!!! hahhahhhaa
Again, like Triumph, I fear the lack of expertise these comany's have in even producing a sportbike that even COMPETES with everyone elses entry. Their 600's and 1000's can't even hang. Why would they be qualified in the LEAST to step up to hyperbike?

Still looking for the articles stating "the ZX-12R killer!"
biggrin.gif

Everybody shoots at the top gun. I have a Cycle Wrlod sub and I was tempted to wipe my a$$ with that bullshit article.

Yeah, a better bike can be made than the Busa, but nobody has done it yet.

It's the same with the Gixxers, they all rule the top of their 3 classes. Until the other companies take them apart and see how they can improve in the Suzuki Design that is.
The GSX 1000 just got beat up in individual classes by the new Ninja, Double R and R1 but it still is the best all around repli-racer three years strong.

The Busa's been around longer than that and the best competition going Honda's Blackbird is still giving away 200 cc's. What about the self imposed limit on top speed? The 99 and 2000 Busa's will always be the fastest stock production vehicle available for under 11,000 grand. ALWAYS

I don't care how good the BMW engine is, that shaft final drive is going to make a funky ride with a hitched up acceleration kick, too much weight, HP losses and on top of that figure another 7 grand just for the blue and white logo on it (bite me!!).

I'm not hatin' on em I drive a S class Benz and would kill to own a seven series.

That quirky German and Italian engineering is great for classic and beautiful cars but follow the trail of rice for the most efficient, functional, powerful and reliable motorcycle design.

<!--EDIT|samurai1833
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086446228 -->

I read the article and from my assessment they mentioned the Busa just to generate a headline and develop interest. No where in the article does it state that they hope it will beat the Busa just be a competitor. With the numbers they posted and the look (aerodynamically) this thing won't touch it. One thing though, With all the hype about what may be on top, Busa, ZX12, etc, You notice no one ever is building a "ZX12 killer".
smile.gif

My Honda VTX 1800 can stomp the hell out of a Hayabusa.

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td bgcolor="#FFE3F5" valign="middle" align="left">Spoiler (Highlight to Read):
</td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#000000" valign="middle" align="left">If you go by weight alone.  lol[/QUOTE]

Don't make me bust out the pro mod Rebel 250!
The people here in Northern VA seem to think the ZX10 is the King of all kings when it comes to bikes. Of course when you ask them of proof it's always they know a friend of someone that has one that beat a busa. My ass, beat this.

first it was the zx12r
then the viper engine tomahawk(all talk,no street numbers)
rocket III ,nothing on the numbers yet
a 3 cylinder harley Feuling engine ,looks good,but no tests.
NOW A BEEMER
rock.gif
?
WHERE IS MY SUZUKI B-KING NAKED BIKE ??
SUPERCHARGED 200HP,NOW WE ARE TALKING
COME ON SUZUKI,LETS SHUT THESE GUYS UP

Back