BMW 1200 "Busa Killer"

NearDeath

Donating Member
Registered
I am on the rant people...
firedevil.gif

Saw the cover of the new cycle world today and there it is in bold print, the new "Busa Killer."

I hate to say it guys/gals, but I am getting real tired of everyone trying to use the Busa to sell their bikes... Just a few issues ago it was triumph stating that their new cruiser would "out accelerate the Busa." (Rocket III) what a crock and I haven't heard a word about it since it was officially released...

Now this new BMW... I don't even need a wind tunnel to tell me that the BMW is not as aerodynamic as the Busa and if it is only pulling a suggested 169HP, I would like to know how in the "Hell or hayabusa" (stated front cover of the mag) this BMW is going to top the Busa.

I am not a loyalist by any means, but I have to tell you... my excitement for these new bikes has all but completely diminished. I am tired of all these marketing scams. As soon as the bike comes out, it always seems to fall short. (Don't even mention the zx10, it is still slower stock quarter and top-end, not to mention its a different class of bike...)

All I am saying is... if you are going to market your bike to be the Busa killer... it better be one, otherwise shut the f&%k up already!

Cloud

Maybe they are all just playing the odds! If they all continue to profess that they are the 'Busa Killer' then eventually somebody has to be right! Seriously, I hear 'ya Cloud, but I guess that's the marketing business.

Well....if it's got 169 horsepower and BMW build quality and reliability, I'm buying one. I'll always love my busas, but Suzuki needs a little competition to prompt them to update the busa.

I think it's cool in a way everybody wants to beat KING BUSA. ( as in they keep tryin ... ) Plus the cost of the Bimmer is gonna be UP THERE $$$
wink.gif

busa killer
Huh?
we will see about that
some one should test their theory and email them the results

We have the bike that every one uses to measure up. The funny thing about it is that they all fall short.
smile.gif
It's great to own the king of all sports bikes.
devil.gif
firedevil.gif
race.gif

I don't know...it's kind of funny to see new bikes coming out with that same motto, then you get to run up against those that don't even ride and they'll start mouthing off about what they read in last month's Cycle mag...

...you can surely get some enjoyment from saying "ummm...hey, idiot...shut up...you're wrong"
biggrin.gif

Suzuki needs a little competition to prompt them to update the busa.

I agree 100%.....Suzuki needs to get on the stick or inevitably someone will put out a bike that beats the busa. As to the companies that are trying to out do the busa, I say more power to 'em, the competition will lead to an even better stock busa.

YEAH
like gcal said
why don't they get a busa
put the bikes side by side and test them.

But they already know the result.
It's purely marketing.
biggrin.gif

Damn Cloud, don't get you undies in a bunch over all this bullshit man.
biggrin.gif
You explained it exactly right. Once the owners of the bike realize that it's all bullshit, they've already grown attached to the bike or they will sell it for a true winner...DA BUSA!!
wink.gif

Brian

I wish SUZUKI would arrange a shootout everytime someone was bold enough to post nonsense on their magazine covers.  Or have the friggin shootout before posting the crap (NO CAN'T DO THAT, WOULDN'T SELL MAGS AFTER THE BUSA LAID THE SMACK DOWN).  Oh well we got NINJA Killers (appetizer zx10 & full course zx12), Blackbird eaters, nontriumphant Try-umphs, and now the BEEMER SCEEMER!
mad.gif

The price we pay for being on top!
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|BigDawg_03Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086301765 -->

It makes me feel good that I have THE BENCHMARK bike that everyone uses as a comparison.

It's gotta piss of the Kawi guys something fierce!
laugh.gif

Is is nice being at the top.

When you ARE the BEST, people will always compare using your name. It's the nature of the beast.

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>Long Live HAYABUSA!</span></span>

Like I said in another post on this same topic...Suzuki needs to make the new Hayabusa!

200HP and 120ft lbs torque (stock)

Call it........HAYABUSA II " The official shut the f*&# up hyperbike"

Then it will be another five years til anyone comes close to us again..

Like I said in another post on this same topic...Suzuki needs to make the new Hayabusa!

200HP and 120ft lbs torque (stock)

Call it........HAYABUSA II " The official shut the f*&# up hyperbike"

Then it will be another five years til anyone comes close to us again..
That's what I'm saying!
wow.gif

Back