BMW superbike to outgun Busa

pure_ego

enzyme of hypoverbage
Donating Member
Registered
BMW superbike to outgun Busa
BMW's new K1200S could outgun the likes of the Hayabusa thanks to a peak power of 167bhp and less weight than the outrageous Suzuki.
It will be BMW's most powerful road bike so far by almost 40bhp. Its peak torque of 96ftlb is a match for Suzuki's hypersports bike too. BMW claims 70 per cent of its pulling power is available from 3000rpm through to its 11,000rpm redline.
Its wet weight is a claimed 248kg. BMW's wet-weight claims include all fluids and a tank of petrol. Measure a Hayabusa by the same rules and it comes out at 252kg.
With an estimated price of £9900 it should be a genuine rival for the likes of Honda's Super Blackbird and Kawasaki's ZX-12R, too.
Technical highlights include a new double-wishbone front suspension system which the firm is calling 'Duolever'. The bike has a race-style cassette gearbox and an option of electronically adjustable suspension, too.
The engine is an 1157cc in-line four mounted across the frame - a first for BMW. More details in MCN, out June 9.
Time to sell your K1200RS? Click here.

Finally.. now everybody will stop buggin' me about which is faster your bike or... etc.

I hope it's true... I really do.. I miss the days of having the "same ole, same ole" bike that nobody paid too much attention to.

gsxr750_00.jpeg

1200 putting out more hp and torque than a 1300. Not likely. With less weight maybe it'll compare on drags, but how long is the wheelbase?? The wheelbase, tire size, and wieght all factor in how much power you can put to the street. In that instance more weight is better(more traction).

Now on top speed, its a joke if they think it'll touch a busa.

Just what I think.....

I think a magazine already tested the BMW and said it doesn't come close to the performance of the BUSA! I also don't know where MCN is getting there weight figures but the BUSA was/is still lighter than the Bemer.

167 is at the crank NOT REAR WHEEL! I would be surprised if it puts down over 150 at the rear wheel.

Me ---I don't care much...with these bikes it comes down to rider skill..or bravery or stupidity.....food for thought...yes the Busa is way fast in a straight line..quite a few are nowday's...even a stock Zx10 is very close..Do most Busa riders care that much..That it can outcorner us.... I ride this super highway often...high speed sweepers for ten miles...On the Busa i can go fast enough to thrill me to no end...
"BUT" any modern 600 or 636 would WHOOP us..in the curves.....weight versus
light weight...No worry's---I ride the Busa and am happy. Probably because of the MONSTER midrange....100 foot pounds.... Joy Joy
cool.gif

Me ---I don't care much...with these bikes it comes down to rider skill..or bravery or stupidity.....food for thought...yes the Busa is way fast in a straight line..quite a few are nowday's...even a stock Zx10 is very close..Do most Busa riders care that much..That it can outcorner us.... I ride this super highway often...high speed sweepers for ten miles...On the Busa i can go fast enough to thrill me to no end...
"BUT"  any modern 600 or 636 would WHOOP us..in the curves.....weight versus
light weight...No worry's---I ride the Busa and am happy. Probably because of the MONSTER midrange....100 foot pounds.... Joy Joy  
cool.gif
Amen

again.... who wants to ride a NEW DESIGN to it's peak to find out if it's REALLY engineered to take it? I sure as heck don't! Like Triumph, the company lacks experience in this arena.

"BUT"  any modern 600 or 636 would WHOOP us..in the curves.....weight versus
cool.gif
I agree Ralph,  and all the new litre bikes are awesome and very fast but NUTHIN looks like or has the Mystic of the BUSIE! - NUTHIN!

- Kent

<!--EDIT|Hawaiibusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1092885549 -->

bad_1.JPG

Back