BMW's Concept 6

2hip

Registered
Don't know if anyone posted up yet about BMW's newly released Concept 6. Guess they will be making a run at the Gold Wing. Good luck with that gentlemen...It is a stunning looking bike and has a lot of great technological and user friendly features...But what I don't understand...there are only so many people willing to drop 25 k on a bike and Gold Wing has such a strong brand identification and big fan base...if I recall the 4 cylinder BMW LT never really caught on big either...BMW's are great bikes...but the cost has always put me off...tried to copy a link but somehow:banghead:

Concept 6 looks like a sport bike.. Here's the link: Cut and paste.. for some reason i cant get it to be clickable

BMW defies logic with six-cylinder Concept 6 motorcycle — Autoblog

The new K1600GT will be more of a sport touring model and the K1600GTL is strictly touring, like the Gold Wing.

BMW K 1600 GT and GTL: BMW Previews Six-Cylinder Tourers « MotorcycleDaily.com – Motorcycle News, Editorials, Product Reviews and Bike Reviews

and

Sport-Touring.Net - BMW Announces 6 cylinder K1600GT and K1600GTL [BMW Motorrad]

I think BMW is going to give the japanese a run for their money in several different area's :laugh: They've already spanked them hard in the sportbike arena, I think the mighty Goldwing/Concours 14 could be the next to fall.....bye bye risng sun, hello Bavaria :bowdown: :laugh:

WTH didn't they put the front fairing from that bike on the 1K RR :banghead: They would sell like crazy....

200 hp +, it would have sparked my interest. 160 hp, heavy bike, what were they thinking?

Damn that Concept 6 looks way better then the S1000RR. Bodylines flow alot better IMO. BMW needs to increase the HP for the market

Last edited:
VERY nice looking bike! that would possibly be the only bike i would consider picking up with the exception of the MV agusta F4. most likely this one is out of my price range as well. :whistle:

:beerchug: congrats bmw

bmw-concept-60030.jpg

160 hp and 130 lb.ft. torque touring bike. It will be closer to 30k for price.
Will the Goldwing have a V8 soon? Honda already has a V8 on the shelf.........

Back