Bluetooth Intercom question

Busanova

Donating Member
Registered
At this point I have my K8 pretty well the way I want it this year within my budget. Helibars, Gel seat, Bagster, and Zumo 550. Now I need to buy a Bluetooth headset/communicator so I can use the Zumo. I don't know a lot about these things, but I assume you can only communicate with one of the same brand. I don't presently have any regular riding buddies. If you had to take a crap shoot and pick one, which brand is most likely to match up with what other people are using out there? :please::please:

There are 3 that are popular: Scala Q2, Chatterbox, and Autocom.

There was a thread a little while ago about this...I'll see if I can find it.

My preference is the Autocom; but I'm biased. LOL I love my Autocom system. Bluetooth attached to my Zumo; MP3 input, two-way radio, rider-to-passenger comms, Radar detector input - very versatile ;)

Thanx Omslaw for the linky, but I have searched and seen it before.
My question leans more toward what are more people using? If I was to buy an Autocom and then find out that 80% of the people I meet use Chatterbox or something else, what use is that? My impression is that you can't communicate between different manufacturers. If that is not true, then there really is no problem. Thanks!

Back