Motorola bluetooth bike head set?

mospeed

Registered
Hey everyone,
I'm looking for a communication set up between myself and my wife riding with me.  Has anyone used this Motorola Bluetooth HS830 Helmet Headset?  

http://street-bikes.ridegear.com/cgi-bin....scstore

I know it says $170 but on ebay they are running $70 new.  If you read the description, it states "Intercom function for communication between rider and passenger or other nearby riders ".  this looks WAY cleaner than the chatterbox with the huge box on the helmet.  

I was thinking of this chatterbox...
http://street-bikes.ridegear.com/cgi-bin....scstore

but its way..... to many wires...

So has anyone had any experience with the Motorola BT set?

Thanks

Ed
[*]T-minus 7 days.... for my Busa!  
tounge.gif

At least they are getting smaller. I look at those huge chatterbox things hanging off peoples helmets and cringe.

I just want a bluetooth that will play tunes...then when my phone rings, it cuts out the music....ya know?

i would like to hear what people say also. i was looking at chatterbox but i don,t like that huge box hanging off my helmet
vader1.gif

All the reasons above are the reasons that I sold my Chatterbox GMRS X-2 and bought an Autocom intercom system.  With my chatterbox, I had the side unit on my helmet, with a wire going to my MP3 player, a wire going to my push to talk and a wire going to my wife's helmet for the intercom.  All those wires became not only distracting, but disturbing as well; one of them would catch on my jacket somewhere or she would re-adjust on the seat and it would jerk my helmet... got tired of all of that.  Looked for blue tooth anything to solve the problem, but I couldn't find anything that didn't have at least one wire going into my helmet (the wire was usually for the little bud earphones, like in the link above).  So I decided two things:
1.  You get what you pay for! (We have all seen the little cheap intercomm set -ups)
2.  A single wire was acceptable to me.
The autocom active-7 that I bought has a line to my cell phone, a line to my MP3 player, a line to my helmet with two speakers, a line to my wife's helmet with 2 speakers and a final line that can be used for a transceiver or rader detector or GPS, etc.  The two biggest down-sides I found with the autocom set-up are these:
It is only an intercom; No bike to bike unless you buy a transceiver of sometype.
Price (however, refer to #1 above)
Anyway, there are several threads about chatterbox units, this is just my .02
Give me a minute and I'll post a link...

<!--EDIT|MC MUSTANG
Reason for Edit: "Linky added"|1145136502 -->

Back