Blade Runner, Oscar Pistorius murderer or not?

Blanca seriously? Ur buying this half:moon: story? Every1 is painting him out to be some helpless cripple which is so far from reality that idk where to begin? He might not have his lower legs but this guy is an olympic athlete. I can guarantee you that he can move faster on his stumps than 85% of normal people with 2 legs. He is not sum scared cripple that feared for his life clutching to his gun in the dark afraid of the boogey man. Like I said if this was an NFL player or such nobody would be coming to their rescue or making excuses. Half blind or mentally disabled perhaps but this dude can move and probably get the jump on most normal peole just cause of the fact they underestimate him

No I'm not believing it. Only pointing out its possible.
On tv in public yes he appeared a very strong capable athlete but who knows in private no legs attached maybe he cowered and cringed. It's possible is all.

Maybe it was the socks?

Blanca I appreciate you attempting to play devils advocate but I aint buying it and the sad part about it is the very points you bring up I hope in jest is what his supporters and sympathizers are standing firm bye. All I gotta say is ilook up that collegiate wrestler from AZ state. He only has 1 leg and he won his weight division easilly and is the NCAA champ and is now training for the olympics. Far from helpless and this guy is no different. Not like he just all of a sudden lost his legs. He was born that way and lived his entire life like that. He's not weak or as handicapped as people are portraying

Your right about that. He's very capable for sure.

I just think, "I'm sorry, I got scared, I shot thru the door, I thought she was still bed, I made a mistake, I didn't mean to kill her." is possible.

Brett thanks for links. But I think those are all old as they still refer to her head being crushed or her being beat which the prosecutor has dismissed as untrue.
I don't know about you but I know nobody who could hear even the loudest screams at 650 yds as defense says or even 300 yds as prosecution says?
Yes I can see a scared burglar realizing he'd been discovered running and hiding in a bathroom.
We are human, if I can imagine it its possible.

The 'news reports' I am referring to are the ones which are directly reporting the things being discovered in the court room. It is strange down there as the defense atty this morning questioned the prosecutor?
That's like your atty putting a district atty on the stand and interviewing them? Weird?
It is and was the prosecutor that says she had no beat in crushed skull, no other trauma.
She had only four gun shot wounds.

Yes it up front seems like he flat out killed her but again dead of night something goes bump bump, adrenaline rushes in, sane thought leaves your head, your cripple, again you hear bump bump down hall in bathroom, more adrenaline rushes to your head, you simply forget or don't think to because you assume your girlfriend is still in bed, and fire a few rounds thru the door at your perceived threat. Afterward a terrible rush of fear comes over you as you realize your girlfriend is not in bed but actually the one you just shot!

Sad and possibly true all happening within seconds.

Again not saying that's what happened only that it is totally possible.
Again stupid, irresponsible, terrible, unthinkable but still possible.

Her best friend testified that just a couple days before Valentines day she had speculated he may ask her to marry him. When the friend asked her what the answer would be she said she would most likely say yes because she loved him.

I can see this being a terrible accident. I just don't see how the prosecution is going to 'prove' anything?
The verdict on this is going to be based on money or emotion but not fact I think.
dont you think at some point he would have heard her scream before or shortly after running into the bathroom? isnt it logical to think he would have verbalized his fears before grabbing his gun and firing it?

the prosecution says (1) shot was fired in the bedroom and then several others at the bathroom door. after the first shot goes off she would surely be screaming whether or not she was hit or not and after running into the bathroom pleading for her life he would have surely realized it was his girlfriend in the bathroom vs. a burglar.

I think we often focus on the suspect and lose sight of the fact that a beautiful young woman is dead and the self defense theory just isnt adding up Saiid.

isnt that where the real focus should be. there is just little to no evidence to support his version of events. lets not forget that nearly all criminal cases are prosecuted and subsequently convicted on circumstancial evidence. the old often heard saying on TV (we only have circumstancial evidence) is very misleading.

the circumstances here point to an enraged boyfriend that was either humiliated by her (often sexually) or was told she was leaving him. and I agree on how strange their court system works. south africa has about 50 million ppl. 80% black. 9% white so will that matter? I doubt it since the real power down there is white but she was white to. I doubt he gets bail.

the family of the victim seems to surly think it was an accident. or at least some family members to. ive seen many people do things that in their right mind they would have never dreamed of doing. some people just snap. :snap:

but, I would be interested in knowing how close he was when the shots were fired. a muzzle blast in complete darkness in a small room will light up ur target after u discharge the weapon. if he fired his weapon at her while still in the bedroom its gonna be tough to argue he didnt know it was her AFTER firing the weapon. its very bright! and either way she would be screaming after being shot before running into the bathroom.

and why the hell is she even in the bathroom? have you asked urself that basic question? she is shot in the bathroom. WTF would she be doing in the bathroom if there was a burglar in the room and he was shooting at the burglar. if they can establish a shot was fired in the room and struck her and at what angle and where the bullet entered they will know if he shot her in the bedroom running towards the bathroom. that will end his fairy tale cause why would a burglar be running from your bed and ur surely gonna inquire who it is.

or are we to believe cause she got up to use the bathroom he shot her? ur wife gets up to use the bathroom in ur room and you think its a burglar???? im pretty sure even the casey anthony jury could figure this one out....:whistle: and lets not forget their is a history of domestic violence there. police have been there for prior incidents.

as far as gun laws go. in south africa the law clearly states that a warning shot must be fired. if you apply for a gun, you must take a test and get training before a license is issued. is that reasonable? maybe, maybe not but thats their way to prevent so-called accidents like this.:whistle: plus he wasnt supposed to have one anyway.

he called his friends before he called 911.??? would you be callings the medics for a gun shot wound or ur buddy to tell him it was an accident? cmon....:whistle:

he testified in court that he did not have his legs on. if he's armed and sees what he believes to be an intruder the first thing hes gonna do after this intruder runs into the bathroom whether shooting him or not is look for his girlfriend and protect her or alert her. but of course he's gonna know that his girlfriend in the bathroom now cause she is going to be screaming out his name.

but hey anythings possible with enough money and power. a judge sitting alongside two assessors who are typically magistrates or retired magistrates decide his fate. im betting he cant be bought off. unlike a jury, the judge is obligated to give a written reason for his findings of fact and why he came to that conclusion. our own criminal justice system would benifit from this style imo.

he will be out in his early 50's.

Blanca seriously? Ur buying this half:moon: story? Every1 is painting him out to be some helpless cripple which is so far from reality that idk where to begin? He might not have his lower legs but this guy is an olympic athlete. I can guarantee you that he can move faster on his stumps than 85% of normal people with 2 legs. He is not sum scared cripple that feared for his life clutching to his gun in the dark afraid of the boogey man. Like I said if this was an NFL player or such nobody would be coming to their rescue or making excuses. Half blind or mentally disabled perhaps but this dude can move and probably get the jump on most normal peole just cause of the fact they underestimate him

C'mon man, give Blanca a break, someone needs to stand up for this guy, he clearly cant do it himself:whistle:

Your right about that. He's very capable for sure.

I just think, "I'm sorry, I got scared, I shot thru the door, I thought she was still bed, I made a mistake, I didn't mean to kill her." is possible.

On the basis of nothing is impossible, I wholeheartedly agree. Also, you have to consider the possibility of some kind of sleep disorder requiring sleep aids and that throws a whole new twist on this debate. What if due to doctor patient confidentiality, any possible pharmaceutical use of sleep or anti stress medication has yet to be disclose. What about anti-psychotics? Then, you would have a very broad legal platform to argue for dismissal on the grounds of temporary, medication induced psychosis or plain old waking stupor and lack of logical facets.

This is the exact reason I have reversed my opinion of everyone should own a gun. Everyone thinks there some tactical badass then does something totally moronic like shoot at a noise behind a locked door! Make an example out if him. There's no innocence to be found here IMHO.

This is the exact reason I have reversed my opinion of everyone should own a gun. Everyone thinks there some tactical badass then does something totally moronic like shoot at a noise behind a locked door! Make an example out if him. There's no innocence to be found here IMHO.

:rofl: You mean you have met those clowns too? :laugh:

Just keep in mind he is a very public very small percentile of the overall group.
Not every gun owner would fire thru the bathroom door at an unidentified target.

That percentage is not as very very small as you think......... I've heard several stories how somebody almost shot their kid who was sneaking in or out late after curfew. Or how your brother was grabbing a few tools out of your garage late 1 night etc. Some people are able to handle the adrenaline, fear and stress and there is just some that can't make sense of things under pressure. This is not the case pertaining to this guy he is flat out a murderer but Ridgeway is right.

Well Oscar got bail of a million rand ( about $115000-00 ). People are so on about guilty not guilty. Do I think he killed her, most definitely and guilty for it, was it premediatated?, thats is debatable, guess we will only know the truth once all the facts are revealed. How he handled the situation, is totally wrong on so many levels. But you have to understand the psychological impact on people in this country, where people are killed because of there polictical affilations, where almost every house you see have burgular proofing, security gates, alarm systems, high walls and electric fences in in the rural areas of South Africa due to constant theft and break-ins not of one person, but a group of people, people are killed for muti ( witch doctor ingredients ) as young newly borns, this all plays into our fear of being confronted by robbers who not only rob you, but will not hesitate to rape and kill you but this can not be used as an excuse for someone to shoot with reckless abandon before confirming it actually is an intruder and that your life is in danger.

As per South African Law

Requirements of use of lethal force
There must be an attack against you, or a 3rd party whom you are trying to protect from such an attack and such attack must be unlawful
The attack must be against a person i.e. a threat to life and not property
The attack must be about to start or must already have begun

Also people here are so on about that he should sit in jail, and that bail should not be given. Bail does not gaurantee your freedom, just delays the inevitable. In this country the killing of innocent people happens daily here with reckless abandon, sometime for a little as R5 ( $0.58 ). Raping of 110 year old people, the genocide of farmers in this country who keep this great country going with the food they produce, these things hardly makes headlines here because of this story and the high profile person he is. I love my country, but there is something seriously wrong with our moral fibre these days, not only in South Africa, but all over the world.
The lesson to be learnt here, is no matter who you are a nobody is above the law, and let the law run its course and justice will be served one way or another, if not on earth, then for sure at judgement day.
I know that some people might not agree to what I say, but everyone to their own and I respect peoples opinions

I love my country, but there is something seriously wrong with our moral fibre these days, not only in South Africa, but all over the world.

i can wholeheartedly agree with this statement! :beerchug:

ok so I didn't read every post (most though) and I'm really trying to stay out of it because honestly who farkin cares really? Someone killed someone, happens multiple times a day around the world...heck in Chicago alone :whistle: I'm sure there are other cases of beautiful women being killed by men who were in their lives....heck you can probably find another case of a double stub dude having killed his girlfriend somewhere in the world within the past week.

At the base of it, if he fired a gun without clear understanding of what he was shooting at, he is guilty of whatever comes from that action. If you don't know what you are firing at, you should keep your finger off the trigger. Pretty straight forward IMHO. Seems like the judicial system there is as farked as the one here so who knows. :banghead:

Just keep in mind he is a very public very small percentile of the overall group.
Not every gun owner would fire thru the bathroom door at an unidentified target.

I would like to believe that but it's just not the case everywhere I go.

That percentage is not as very very small as you think......... I've heard several stories how somebody almost shot their kid who was sneaking in or out late after curfew. Or how your brother was grabbing a few tools out of your garage late 1 night etc. Some people are able to handle the adrenaline, fear and stress and there is just some that can't make sense of things under pressure. This is not the case pertaining to this guy he is flat out a murderer but Ridgeway is right.

Yep. Every timeI read or hear a discussion on defense I want to go hang myself. It's sickening at the irresponsibility of gun owners these days.

Yep. Every timeI read or hear a discussion on defense I want to go hang myself. It's sickening at the irresponsibility of gun owners these days.

Well thanks to fear of impending bans people who had no intent months ago ran out and bought a bunch of guns they have no clue how to use. It seems more and more of a percentage of gun owners are idiots.

And I cannot believe nobody has mentioned that the lead prosecutor is facing seven counts of attempted murder!

And I cannot believe nobody has mentioned that the lead prosecutor is facing seven counts of attempted murder!
u mean the lead investigator and he was removed from the case. that cant be good for the prosecution tho. I can see that schmuck ruining that entire case for the prosecution tho.

kinda fishy how NOW the lead investigator is being charged with murder. sounds like politics are rearing their ugly heads....:whistle:

Back