Blade Runner, Oscar Pistorius murderer or not?

So the info stated before said her skull was crushed and police found a bloody cricket bat thought to be a murder weapon.
Defense atty makes prosecutor admit her body had NO other signs of trauma and her head was not smashed.
Cricket bat may have been on floor as he carried her over it and that's how blood got on it as well as everywhere cuz her heart was still pumping as he carried her down stairs.
Reports were witnesses heard arguing before shots were fired.
Defense atty makes prosecutor admit these people were OVER 650 yards away. Impossible to hear even a person yelling.

Lots of stuff flying around.

Now Blanca, you are speculating as well. This morning the news says the defense says the witnesses to loud shouting before the gun shots were 300 yards from the scene! Perfectly believable!

The morning news also says the shooter said he did not have his feet on and we entered the bathroom on his nubbins. The prosecution says the shots were fire downward with one bullet entering the commode proving he had his feet on when the shots were fired.

My OPINION is the defense story is almost too wild to believe. Even if his story is true to the letter, he is still guilty of reckless homicide.

Sad situation no doubt. That girl didn't deserve what happen to her and he doesn't deserve to go on with his life as if he has no responsibility for her death!

Ok guys you're not using your heads. How do you get up and not know whether or not this girl is in bed with you? Me I check for her 3-4 times a night if you know what I mean:laugh: Seriously if I think there is something wrong I check for my baby first to make sure she's ok, then get my gun. Also, they say the shots came through the door from high to low, so he had the legs on. How long does it take to put legs on? How long is the intruder going to break into the bathroom before coming out? How loud is his girl friend in the bathroom? Don't you call out to the person in the bathroom before you unload your 9mm into a door when you can't actually see who is on the other side?

None of this adds up. This is also extremely irresponsible gun use if his story is right in my opinion (being that I'm a gun expert and all:poke:).
Clearly no gun expert, you know any gun owner worth his salt unloads 30 into everything in sight then ask questions:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Alll very good points Detective Arch:thumbsup:

Ok guys you're not using your heads. How do you get up and not know whether or not this girl is in bed with you? Me I check for her 3-4 times a night if you know what I mean:laugh: Seriously if I think there is something wrong I check for my baby first to make sure she's ok, then get my gun. Also, they say the shots came through the door from high to low, so he had the legs on. How long does it take to put legs on? How long is the intruder going to break into the bathroom before coming out? How loud is his girl friend in the bathroom? Don't you call out to the person in the bathroom before you unload your 9mm into a door when you can't actually see who is on the other side?

None of this adds up. This is also extremely irresponsible gun use if his story is right in my opinion (being that I'm a gun expert and all:poke:).

Wait a durn diggity minute thar pilgrim.
Did you say 'then I get my gun'? I always knew you were a closet gun owner. :)

Now Blanca, you are speculating as well. This morning the news says the defense says the witnesses to loud shouting before the gun shots were 300 yards from the scene! Perfectly believable!

The morning news also says the shooter said he did not have his feet on and we entered the bathroom on his nubbins. The prosecution says the shots were fire downward with one bullet entering the commode proving he had his feet on when the shots were fired.

My OPINION is the defense story is almost too wild to believe. Even if his story is true to the letter, he is still guilty of reckless homicide.

Sad situation no doubt. That girl didn't deserve what happen to her and he doesn't deserve to go on with his life as if he has no responsibility for her death!

So you could hear someone yelling from 300 yards away?
Bionic ear implant or what?
Nubbins? Why I'm laughing at that I don't know, I'm a sadist :dunno:
Who says you can't hit the terlet from a lower angle?

Clearly no gun expert, you know any gun owner worth his salt unloads 30 into everything in sight then ask questions:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Alll very good points Detective Arch:thumbsup:

:rofl:

That Burglar thing I'm having a tough time with. Sounds like a Lawyer is coming up with great ideas there.
I'm just sayin

The fight right now is to bombard the media with hearsay and speculative chatter to make it so that jury selection is difficult for the prosecution. It is a media blitz just like anywhere else. It has to be unfortunately, every hard fought advantage must be exploited.

Doesn't prove jack. He is a tall man and even without his carbon fiber feet, still walks and stands tall. His nubs have been serving him in walking since early childhood when he first walk on a damp sandy beach.

Again, even a wild story repeated over and over and over and over and over on the Television evening news will become what the masses believe. 9/11 explanation anyone? Saddam Hussein's weapons of mass destruction or stories of gassing the Kurds? Let's see, shall we continue to illustrate this?

Why not? You got fools getting away with murder all of the time. They tend to be folks from good families with a lot of money. Shoot, we had a sitting senator for countless terms who had a bunch of suspicious events unfold around him. Chappaquiddick?

The fight right now is to bombard the media with hearsay and speculative chatter to make it so that jury selection is difficult for the prosecution. It is a media blitz just like anywhere else. It has to be unfortunately, every hard fought advantage must be exploited.

This is incorrect, the South Africa justice system operated under Roman Dutch law, there is no jury, the case will be decided by a Judge.

Cut and paste from;
A Look At The Murder Case Facing Oscar Pistorius : NPR

"JUSTICE IN SOUTH AFRICA

South Africa is one of a few countries in the world that that has a court system that takes root in Roman-Dutch law. Because of this, those appearing in criminal trials do not have the option of a jury trial, common in the United States and other countries. Instead, a single judge will hear the entire case and then rule on a person's guilt or innocence. The judge can be assisted by two advisers during the trial. Typically, those advisers offer assistance in looking at the more technical aspects of the evidence given at trial. If found guilty, a person can later appeal the ruling or the sentence they receive. A premeditated murder charge carries a minimum sentence of life in prison. There is no death penalty in South Africa."

cut and paste from;
Why are journalists allowed to report on the Oscar Pistorius bail hearing? - Need to know - Macleans.ca

"In the South Africa, the justice system is based on Roman-Dutch law and there are no juries. Since there are no juries, a judge, sitting alongside two assessors, will preside over the Pistorius case when it eventually goes to trial. The thought is that a judge won’t be swayed by pre-trial reporting in the same way a jury would, so journalists are free to report as they wish."

Roman-Dutch law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

cheers
ken

Yeah that's correct. They said they used to have a jury system but it got so corrupt they went to current one which is one judge and two magistrates. Only these three people will judge him.

the the bloody cricket bat from smashing her skull in utterly throws his self defense case right out the window....:whistle: so instead of shooting a burglar he grabs a cricket bat and smashes the burglar over the head then goes back and gets his gun and then follows the burglar in the bathroom and shoots thru the bathroom striking the burglar in the head. yea ok....:whistle:

just another example of some guy losing his mind cause he thinks his HOT girlfrind is leaving his.

the the bloody cricket bat from smashing her skull in utterly throws his self defense case right out the window....:whistle: so instead of shooting a burglar he grabs a cricket bat and smashes the burglar over the head then goes back and gets his gun and then follows the burglar in the bathroom and shoots thru the bathroom striking the burglar in the head. yea ok....:whistle:

just another example of some guy losing his mind cause he thinks his HOT girlfrind is leaving his.

Um? Ok?
Update for those that apparently have been paying ZERO attn to the news and this thread.
The defense atty had the prosecutor state and admit there WAS NO OTHER TRAUMA OR SIGNS OF VIOLENCE ON HER BODY OTHER THAN THE GUNSHOTS.
Her head was not smashed in nor is there any proof the cricket bat was used for anything. It like many other things were covered in her blood because her heart was still pumping when he carried her past them.

These seem to be the most up to date facts in the case.

This is incorrect, the South Africa justice system operated under Roman Dutch law, there is no jury, the case will be decided by a Judge.

Cut and paste from;
A Look At The Murder Case Facing Oscar Pistorius : NPR

"JUSTICE IN SOUTH AFRICA

South Africa is one of a few countries in the world that that has a court system that takes root in Roman-Dutch law. Because of this, those appearing in criminal trials do not have the option of a jury trial, common in the United States and other countries. Instead, a single judge will hear the entire case and then rule on a person's guilt or innocence. The judge can be assisted by two advisers during the trial. Typically, those advisers offer assistance in looking at the more technical aspects of the evidence given at trial. If found guilty, a person can later appeal the ruling or the sentence they receive. A premeditated murder charge carries a minimum sentence of life in prison. There is no death penalty in South Africa."

cut and paste from;
Why are journalists allowed to report on the Oscar Pistorius bail hearing? - Need to know - Macleans.ca

"In the South Africa, the justice system is based on Roman-Dutch law and there are no juries. Since there are no juries, a judge, sitting alongside two assessors, will preside over the Pistorius case when it eventually goes to trial. The thought is that a judge won’t be swayed by pre-trial reporting in the same way a jury would, so journalists are free to report as they wish."

Roman-Dutch law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

cheers
ken

Excellent post.. Thanks!!! :thumbsup:

Um? Ok?
Update for those that apparently have been paying ZERO attn to the news and this thread.
The defense atty had the prosecutor state and admit there WAS NO OTHER TRAUMA OR SIGNS OF VIOLENCE ON HER BODY OTHER THAN THE GUNSHOTS.
Her head was not smashed in nor is there any proof the cricket bat was used for anything. It like many other things were covered in her blood because her heart was still pumping when he carried her past them.

These seem to be the most up to date facts in the case.
now ur a blood spatter expert????

the bat was HEAVILY covered in blood. drops of blood may be found on the bat if he happened to walk past it while carrying her but it would NOT be heavily covered with blood. heavily covered items with blood are NOT from drops of blood from running past the bat carring her. sorry, it doesnt work like that. apparently uve been watching too many episodes of CSI Miami.

the evidence clearly shows that BOTH were sleeping in the bed that night so a burglar defense is laughable at best. he's gonna get up without putting his legs on and NOT waking his girlfriend up that there is a possible burglar in their home? yea ok....:whistle:

he used the cricket bat to smash thru the bathroom door which was locked. which is something EVERYONE would do if a burglar had locked themselves in the bathroom so you could now confront the burglar:whistle: while hobbling around on ur stumps vs. exiting the residence with ur girlfiend as fast as you can since the burglar is now trapped in the bathroom. try to seperate common sense from what u read on the internet.

so I guess he picked up the cricket bat while picking her up and carrying her downstairs and thats how so much blood was found on the cricket bat. yea ok....:whistle: got any other brillant conclusions? or maybe since steroids were found in the bedroom you think it was "Roid rage" that caused him to brutally murder her.

Theoretically speaking, if he indeed did as you say, he had the option to let her leave for the sake of his freedom. I have been in a relationship with a very hot woman and left exactly to avoid my freedom being limited due to her insanity. She was the one that tried at all costs to coerce me to stay. I made the right choice, whereas he may not have had the fortitude or wherewithal to cut his losses.

Brett please give me links to where it says the bat was covered in blood and that info came from an investigator or prosecutor. Also a link that shows he broke down the door with it as well.

No I'm not an expert I only am repeating the facts that have come out from media as being reported directly from the courtroom. The bat as well as many other objects had blood on it. That's all the investigator as well as the prosecutor have said. So I'd like to see who said it was 'heavily covered'?
Even if he did break door down with it that would not have gotten blood on it. And the prosecutor as well as investigator have confirmed she had no other trauma to her body, no smashed head.
No smashed head means no 'heavily covered bat' right? If that didn't happen than where the blood come from?

Not arguin just curious as it does seem to be alot of questions.

I'm not defending him either just trying to keep things clear.

Is it not possible he was scared, terrorized, thought on a whim and panicked? Not of sane calm mind and thought instantly and poorly?
Shot her thru the door thinking she was an intruder? Reckless with a firearm yes?
Irresponsible? Yes. But does that make him a 'premeditated murderer'?

Brett please give me links to where it says the bat was covered in blood and that info came from an investigator or prosecutor. Also a link that shows he broke down the door with it as well.

No I'm not an expert I only am repeating the facts that have come out from media as being reported directly from the courtroom. The bat as well as many other objects had blood on it. That's all the investigator as well as the prosecutor have said. So I'd like to see who said it was 'heavily covered'?
Even if he did break door down with it that would not have gotten blood on it. And the prosecutor as well as investigator have confirmed she had no other trauma to her body, no smashed head.
No smashed head means no 'heavily covered bat' right? If that didn't happen than where the blood come from?

Not arguin just curious as it does seem to be alot of questions.

I'm not defending him either just trying to keep things clear.

Is it not possible he was scared, terrorized, thought on a whim and panicked? Not of sane calm mind and thought instantly and poorly?
Shot her thru the door thinking she was an intruder? Reckless with a firearm yes?
Irresponsible? Yes. But does that make him a 'premeditated murderer'?
im not so sure I agree with the premediated murder either. there were several reports of them arguing before gun shots were heard. how far away those people were and what they heard is unknown at this time.

or maybe she used the bat in attempt to defend herself. I find that hard to believe tho. if she was shot outside the bathroom I doubt she would be looking for a bat. she would be looking to distance herself as fast as possible and looking for cover.

but, if she was shot or injured in some way or another OUTSIDE the bathroom in the bedroom and he then chased or hobbled after her into the bathroom where she locked the door and discharged several more rounds at her killing her then the manslaughter charge (or whatever they call it there) is gonna be hard to swollow and he wont have a leg to stand on (pun intended:whistle:).

facts from the media are more often reports from the media and we make our own conclusions as to what went down. I suspect he shot her outside of the bathroom and she then ran into the bathroom to hide. her nite cap was on as well as all of her personal belongings were in the bedroom. if a burglar was there then he would have woke her up or she would have been woken up by him. there were also no signs of forced entry that have been reported again making the burglar argument hard to swollow in a gated community.

again, burglars dont run and hide in bathrooms. its just not logical or believable. women who are victims of domestic violence do tho often cause its the only place to hide usually.

news reports indicate lots of things such as a bloodied bat and a crushed skull but again they are just reports from the media and have to be taken with a grain of salt.... and dont forget the prosecutions case is heard first and the defense last. maybe its different over there so until both sides are heard its just specuations and opinion and my opinion is he lost it and murdered her period. seems like a decent guy and far from the usual scumbag but she is DEAD and he must pay for his actions.

A nation fed up with

Pistorius fired gun in Johannesburg restaurant in January | GlobalPost

Bloody Cricket Bat Found at Pistorius' Home Could Be Key Evidence of Murder | A bloody cricket bat could have been used to beat Reeva Steenkamp before her death | World | Boise Weekly

Oscar Pistorius murder case: Girlfriend's head 'crushed', cricket bat recovered - Sporting News

Oscar Pistorius: bloody cricket bat 'central' to murder case | Oscar Pistorius News | The Week UK

I don't usually like to bring up the quote unquote race card but seriously I see people arguing semantics was she shot in the bathroom outside of the bathroom a bloody bat the trajectory of bhe bullets with or w/o his legs and how screams were heard 300 yard or 500 yards..... Come on who is believing any of this was an accident? Had this been a black NFL or NBA player nobody would be debating anything except for whether its lethal injection or life w/o parole. Idk if its the fact he's white, from another country or handicapped but I'm amazed with all the evidence and testimonies so far that there can be this many skeptics and people willing to give him the benefit of the doubt , especially given that South Africa is basically the domestic violence capitol of the world...........:whistle:

Brett thanks for links. But I think those are all old as they still refer to her head being crushed or her being beat which the prosecutor has dismissed as untrue.
I don't know about you but I know nobody who could hear even the loudest screams at 650 yds as defense says or even 300 yds as prosecution says?
Yes I can see a scared burglar realizing he'd been discovered running and hiding in a bathroom.
We are human, if I can imagine it its possible.

The 'news reports' I am referring to are the ones which are directly reporting the things being discovered in the court room. It is strange down there as the defense atty this morning questioned the prosecutor?
That's like your atty putting a district atty on the stand and interviewing them? Weird?
It is and was the prosecutor that says she had no beat in crushed skull, no other trauma.
She had only four gun shot wounds.

Yes it up front seems like he flat out killed her but again dead of night something goes bump bump, adrenaline rushes in, sane thought leaves your head, your cripple, again you hear bump bump down hall in bathroom, more adrenaline rushes to your head, you simply forget or don't think to because you assume your girlfriend is still in bed, and fire a few rounds thru the door at your perceived threat. Afterward a terrible rush of fear comes over you as you realize your girlfriend is not in bed but actually the one you just shot!

Sad and possibly true all happening within seconds.

Again not saying that's what happened only that it is totally possible.
Again stupid, irresponsible, terrible, unthinkable but still possible.

Her best friend testified that just a couple days before Valentines day she had speculated he may ask her to marry him. When the friend asked her what the answer would be she said she would most likely say yes because she loved him.

I can see this being a terrible accident. I just don't see how the prosecution is going to 'prove' anything?
The verdict on this is going to be based on money or emotion but not fact I think.

And just to point out folks get shot all the time because someone thought they were someone else.

Back