Blade Runner, Oscar Pistorius murderer or not?

There is a rule in screenwriting that if you introduce a gun into a scene, at some point you must use it. The rule applies to real life too. That's how Reeva Steenkamp lost her life. A gun appeared in her story, and she got shot dead. Regardless of the circumstances, when guns are near people, they kill people.

Pretty dumb sentence when you read it.:banghead: I read it an over an over to see if it somehow will make sense to me but I got nothing :banghead:

How many home owners have defended themselves in their home with a gun ??? How many home owners have been found dead in their own homes who weren't able to defend themselves??? You read the news lately and it seems no one dies from anything else other than guns.

How many people die from knives??? More than 1 I think.

:22 Students In China Stabbed To Death In Elementary School Attack by 36-year-old Villager Min Yingjun*|*American Live Wire

AS you know the news that gets released is not gospel and you cant believe everything you hear but from what I did hear initially they were saying that he mistook her for a burgurlar and shot her but now that more info is being released they also said her skull was crushed in with a cricket paddle bat or whatever you wanna call that weird knockoff game of baseball they play over there so Im not buying an accidental shooting. He's handicapped but not blind.......... what did he do shoot her multiple times then bash her skull in with a cricket stick only then to realize it wasnt an intruder but a 100lb blond model?? Sorry aint buying it, sounds like another case of the violent rage to the extreme

I noticed the author of that news story in Africa never mentioned the club that he bashed her head in with, only the gun. Did she actually die from the gunshot wounds or having her head bashed in? :dunno:

Very sad indeed. Sounds like stubby has some issues to deal with that don't involve his spring board feet? It will be interesting to see what happens to the shooter?

Right that report about the bashed in skull wasnt initially released so now alot of people are backtracking on the whole self defense mistaken identity thing. His sponsors are dropping him faster than you can say Tiger Woods......:whistle: Also some of the other Paralympic Athletes are blasting him saying he was a jerk etc. and there is another report that he abused a different girlfriend back in 2009. So all of this is just news reports nothing concrete and I dont know how South African justice system works but if this happened in America he would be Guilty until proven innocent

Reading the posts above, some notes.

1.) Africa and South Africa, big difference (Tufbusa). Africa is a huge continent, stretching from Egypt in the North all the way down through several countries ending in a small country, South Africa in the South.

2.) Today, there is not much credibility left in the police and the justice system, over there, unfortunately.

3.) Violence is a big issue today, lots of burglaries, car jackings and a high mortality rate based on violence. The standard of life is still pretty good though, if one lives above the poverty line. Last time I looked unemployment was around 25%.

4.) I don't think Pistorius is a murderer by nature, but I believe he snapped, lost it and is guilty of murder. Because of the lifestyle over there today, generally South Africans are emotional people.

No such thing as an accidental shooting of a burglar IMO Know your target and accept that whatever it is will die if you pull the trigger. There may be alot more to the story, but if she was shot and he pulled the trigger, hes guilty of negligent homicide at the very least.

PS- Carbon fiber legs are cheating.

Why is it that nowadays folks are in fact automatically guilty until a jury says innocent?
Speculation and gossip and 'media leaks' convict people long before the trial.

From his testimony:
In a statement read by his lawyer today, the runner said he and Steenkamp went to bed together before he was awoken by a noise he thought was an intruder coming from the bathroom.

Filled with a "sense of terror," he removed the 9-mm pistol he kept hidden under his bed and, without putting on his prosthetic legs, began shooting through the bathroom door, according to his statement.

"I was scared and didn't switch on the light," he said. "I got my gun and moved towards the bathroom. I screamed at the intruder because I did not have my legs on. I felt vulnerable. I fired shots through the bathroom door and told Reeva to call police.

"I walked back to the bed and realized Reeva was not in bed. It's then it dawned on me it could be her in there," he said.

That's when he realized Steenkamp was not in bed, he said in the statement. Fearing she was inside the bathroom, he says, he broke down the door using a cricket bat and carried the woman outside, where he called for help, and she soon died.

Full article: Oscar Pistorius Case: 'Blade Runner' Denies Charge He Intentionally Killed Girlfriend - ABC News

His side of the story is believable no? Case is definitely going all the way.
I just don't see how either side can really prove their case?
No jury, only a judge and two magistrates will decide his fate.

"I walked back to bed and realized reeva wasn't there" Case blown wide open right there, he said he didn't put his legs on. His statement is horrible. I know parts of south Africa are rough, but I consider them a civilized country, so if you're not being attacked and/or in fear for your life, no shooting, especially through a dang door! He should be jailed for thinkin that shooting through a door was a good choice. Why didn't he just kick it in :whistle:

The dude can walk without the prosthesis. He was born without feet and had fairly well developed lower legs as a kid.

It is going to come down to the money he can throw at a defense. I have a feeling that he will be found innocent. If OJ managed to buy freedom, this guy will too.

No I don't think you can compare OJ to this case. Very different, they have this guy dead to rights as the shooter. Theres no speculation as to who killed his girlfriend. No bloody gloves that don't fit left @ the scene of the crime. This guys story is flat out ridiculous. U wake up and fear an intruder is in your bathroom so you just pop off random shots from behind the door in an attempt to do what? Why not just keep your gun sighted in on the door and have you or your girlfriend call the police? Oh wait you can't because its your girlfriend who locked herself in the bathroom to get away from you. So out of frustation of being unable to break down the door you pop off shots either to kill her or scare her into opening the door. Either way she is dead by his hand and I see him getting off with manslaughter @ the least due to his celebrity status

So the info stated before said her skull was crushed and police found a bloody cricket bat thought to be a murder weapon.
Defense atty makes prosecutor admit her body had NO other signs of trauma and her head was not smashed.
Cricket bat may have been on floor as he carried her over it and that's how blood got on it as well as everywhere cuz her heart was still pumping as he carried her down stairs.
Reports were witnesses heard arguing before shots were fired.
Defense atty makes prosecutor admit these people were OVER 650 yards away. Impossible to hear even a person yelling.

Lots of stuff flying around.

this case wouldn't have even made a blip on the radar if he wasn't famous from the Olympics...anyone else been following the Jodi Arias case? now, that one is getting interesting :laugh:

Ok guys you're not using your heads. How do you get up and not know whether or not this girl is in bed with you? Me I check for her 3-4 times a night if you know what I mean:laugh: Seriously if I think there is something wrong I check for my baby first to make sure she's ok, then get my gun. Also, they say the shots came through the door from high to low, so he had the legs on. How long does it take to put legs on? How long is the intruder going to break into the bathroom before coming out? How loud is his girl friend in the bathroom? Don't you call out to the person in the bathroom before you unload your 9mm into a door when you can't actually see who is on the other side?

None of this adds up. This is also extremely irresponsible gun use if his story is right in my opinion (being that I'm a gun expert and all:poke:).

130218-steenkamp-pistorius-118p_380;380;7;70;0.jpg

Back