blacked out lights

Was probably a good thing I out ran you on that little straightaway (both times) huh?

might have done crashed into you on the other end if you were in front.. :laugh:

"Was that a Gen1 that just went by w/ some old fokker at the throttle??"
Remember the race at the end of the movie Biker Boyz on the gravel road between Smoke (King of Cali) and his rebellious son? I was only thinking of your safety and didn't want to risk you not being able to see my back side. You see! It was all about you! We all know that geriatrics get no love anymore, I didn't want to bruise your ego....:laugh:

how industrious are you?

you could use an LED/Fiber optic hybrid.. you could punch pieces of fiber into the lens , route them to the LED light box.. might be overly directional..

but really you are only in danger if some old guy is behind you and you hit the brakes... whats the odds of that ever happening?

(Eagle Tower LED's were part of my upgrade FWIW.. $25 a bulb)

I was thinking LEDs myself. But I am not sure what your talkinng about when you say punch pieces of fiber in the lens though. As far as the overly directional part I wonder if some sort of difuser would take care or that

I was thinking LEDs myself. But I am not sure what your talkinng about when you say punch pieces of fiber in the lens though. As far as the overly directional part I wonder if some sort of difuser would take care or that
I have seen solid backgrounds that were drilled and fiber optics installed and then cut or sanded flat to that backing..

when the lights are out, you would not know they were there.. then when the light comes on, the fiber cable lights up.. will see if I can find a pic of one..

I have the Clear Alternative smoked front and rear signal lights. They are lightly smoked and look good off if you have a dark look to your bike. The tint does not impede visual clarity. They are not blacked out and compliment the Orange and Black look well. I am runnind GixxerHP's 48 tower Led Running lights with 6K upper and lower Hid's up front and the power bronze lightly smoked led Brake and signal lights in conjunction with rear signal lights. Lights can be seen with no decrease in optical quality. I will post pics later. It is by no means blacked out, which I think looks good but I have seen complaints about (Hotbodies smoked coveries). Not hating to each his own. My :2cents:

leave the factory lights alone, or add to them to be MORE noticeable. Your a rider not a poser.
Tinted covers are for show. Not for use on public roads. SEE and BE SEEN.

I'm in favor of good brakelights, don't like making them smaller or darker. I see too many bikes with mods that are for the showroom not for the highway. If you ride it, set it up to ride, if you show it, bling it out. I don't want some poor old lady feelin bad for killin me just because I sharpied out my taillights. ???

I don't like the look of the blacked outlenses. I was following someone on a ride and I could not see his lamps, very dim. The dark lenses look like "holes" when they aren't lit.

If you Really want them, im close to hotbodies, they make them and I can get half of retail for you....

I have the Clear Alternative smoked front and rear signal lights. They are lightly smoked and look good off if you have a dark look to your bike. The tint does not impede visual clarity. They are not blacked out and compliment the Orange and Black look well. I am runnind GixxerHP's 48 tower Led Running lights with 6K upper and lower Hid's up front and the power bronze lightly smoked led Brake and signal lights in conjunction with rear signal lights. Lights can be seen with no decrease in optical quality. I will post pics later. It is by no means blacked out, which I think looks good but I have seen complaints about (Hotbodies smoked coveries). Not hating to each his own. My :2cents:

You must have a GenI correct? Last I talked to the poorly run company that is Clear Alternatives...they did not offer any smoked rear lights for a GenII. And the smoked fronts have been "coming" for over 6 months :banghead:

Good luck getting anywhere w/ that compnay. They're a pain in the arse.

:thumbsup: Gen II. and I love them. Got them back in the spring when they where moving. Took a few phone calls but they were worth it. They look like the factory lenses.:thumbsup:

Seems everyone has an opinion, some with factual bases, on this matter. I too, like the look of the hotbodies smoke taillights, but have not purchased for the exact same reason as mentioned above. It just doesn't seem worth the risk to me at this point. However, I am considering upgrading to a different tailight and turn signal, such as an led and then installing the hotbodies over it, only if the visiblity when on is not diminished by much. I know we did a comparison with some led emergency lights at work behind several layers of limo tint on our interstate interdiction and undercover vehicles and they were still plenty visible when activated, but when off they were undetectable. If I can make it happen on the busa well then I will probably do it. My .02 Ilike to ride and pose depending on the day.:laugh:

You must have a GenI correct? Last I talked to the poorly run company that is Clear Alternatives...they did not offer any smoked rear lights for a GenII. And the smoked fronts have been "coming" for over 6 months :banghead:

They have thr front and rear turn signals, or did at least back in March or April. The smoked fronts look good IMO. I was thinking about reordering the rear as I got the blue tinted ones the first time. It looks OK but it is out of place with the smoked fronts.

Agreed: Rude, inefficient, and dishonest.

Will never do business with them again.

i have the hotbodies with the 48 LED towers and they shine right through the lens and completely visible..but again I had swapped the LED's before by preference and the bulbs are $25 a piece

Back