Blackbird or hayabusa ?

Grinder

Registered
I'm a current Blackbird owner and am considering updating to a Hayabusa. Love the Blackbird except ground clearance is bad and have damaged fairing and exhausts on both sides through the tight stuff. I would be interested to hear from any previous Blackbird owners on this site who have purchased a 'Bus' and their comparative thoughts......thanks......  
rock.gif

It is a busa not a bus and I think that everyone here will tell you to get a busa.

I did not own a Blackbird before... But i did have 3 ZX11 which is comparable in many ways.

My opinion is you will love the Busa... It'll be everything you loved about your Bird, in better...

Better brakes, better suspension... and of course, much more power! I honestly don't think you could regret that move.

And if you're worried about ground clearance, its possible to raise the rear (i did it after scraping side panels and engine covers! See ) with a cheap kit of dogbones. But if you're not too heavy, a well adjusted suspension should be fine.

I say GO FOR IT!

race.gif

<!--EDIT|_ZeF
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142560910 -->

I've never owned a Blackbird, but one of my riding buddies does. I have found that the power of the Busa is the immediate thing you will notice. Bird is slightly more comfortabe, but the non adjustability of the sys. stinks compaired with the Busa. On the Busa you can adjust the Forks and Rear all day long until you've got it right. Inaddition, I could never get use to that LINK Brake system. Probably because I use the rear brake to settle the bike approaching and into the turns. And you can't do that with the Birds Brake system. The real difference in comparison is the Bird is a Gentlemans GT. Smooth (sewing machine smooth) and comfortable. And the Busa is the Power - NO HOLDS BARED GT. Personally, I really like the Busa alot more even with slightly (VERY SLIGHT) less comfort
biggrin.gif

My Dad has had a Bird for a couple of years and thought I was stupid for buying a Busa. It depends what you're looking for I guess. The bird is a bit more smooth and comfortable and much more comfy for a passenger. He's done some small mods. The usual, pipe, PC, sprocket. He'll beat me up on my Busa all day long. (He is a much better rider) ( I have bolt ons, nothing else) I struggled with the same question you have myself for many months. Here's what it came down to for me: Birds a bit more comfy, Busa's a bit more powerful. I just liked the looks of the Busa better. If I would have liked the looks of the Bird better I would have bought that. Plus there's a lot more appearance mods you can do to the Busa. There's somebody on here who has both, if I come across them I'll let you know who it is. Good luck!!!

Bird is smooth. Slower handling. Busa has killer power and still smooth. Very quik handling. I think the reach is a little far on the Bird. Few miles on the my new Busa. But I like it alot more. No, Wait the Bird is best. And buy the way. I have one for sale.
biggrin.gif

Buy the Busa and keep the Bird. Nothing wrong with having more than one bike

Back