Hayabusa for a younger guy

au79xrist

Registered
Saw someone in here make a post for a Hayabusa for an "older guy" and despite any backlash I could get for being an 18 y.o., I was curious about any suggestions some of you more experienced with the busa could send my way. All the bikes I currently own are Hondas. (xr650l, super blackbird 1100xx, and a cbr600f4i) but as I'm having to part ways with the blackbird I've been thinking about exploring new horizons with the Hayabusa, as it's one of those bucket list items for me.

I enjoy the simplicity of my xr and the blackbird (especially analog gauges). I'm one for the slightly older bikes (being early early 2000s which for me feels old) but I hear great things about the late models. I just don't know if I fancy all the tech that's in the late model motorcycles (ex different driving modes, traction control, abs) although I know some could be a lifesaver.

Essentially just trying to get a wider perspective on the bike, any criticism/suggestions/conversation would be wildly appreciated. Cheers.

Saw someone in here make a post for a Hayabusa for an "older guy" and despite any backlash I could get for being an 18 y.o., I was curious about any suggestions some of you more experienced with the busa could send my way. All the bikes I currently own are Hondas. (xr650l, super blackbird 1100xx, and a cbr600f4i) but as I'm having to part ways with the blackbird I've been thinking about exploring new horizons with the Hayabusa, as it's one of those bucket list items for me.

I enjoy the simplicity of my xr and the blackbird (especially analog gauges). I'm one for the slightly older bikes (being early early 2000s which for me feels old) but I hear great things about the late models. I just don't know if I fancy all the tech that's in the late model motorcycles (ex different driving modes, traction control, abs) although I know some could be a lifesaver.

Essentially just trying to get a wider perspective on the bike, any criticism/suggestions/conversation would be wildly appreciated. Cheers.
Good Day, if you enjoyed the Blackbird then the Busa is up your alley. The guages are anologue but the instrument clusters have a fighter jet cockpit feel to it. With the Gen 1's and earlier Gen 2's, the fact that it has minimal rider aids, really give it a simple, riders bike image. .......and what ever type of riding you prefer, sport bike, sports tourer, Highway eater, Street racer, grudge bike smashing......the good ol busa does it all. It is a legendary bike with the widest range of after market bits to convert it for just about any application. Keep it N/A, Boost it, Gas it, up the engine size for performance, and the motor will take it, within reason of course. Add risers, a nice big screen some pannier bags and you have yourself a tourer, the busa does it. It has been seen whipping more capable bikes on track too if you like the moto gp style road racing thing. Lots of bits that can be added or taken away to give you the chance to really get your knee down....... and it doesn't matter how old you are, if you have a busa and you are more mature, it makes you feel young because its baddass. If you're young and have yet to grow some b@lls, it will give you some, because its badass. If these new "flavour of the month" superbikes come along, the Busa is relient, and finds away around them. This is not a bucket list bike, because once owning it, you will not want to kick the bucket. You will simply feel too alive.......Oh yeah and it pulls alot of chicks.

Good Day, if you enjoyed the Blackbird then the Busa is up your alley. The guages are anologue but the instrument clusters have a fighter jet cockpit feel to it. With the Gen 1's and earlier Gen 2's, the fact that it has minimal rider aids, really give it a simple, riders bike image. .......and what ever type of riding you prefer, sport bike, sports tourer, Highway eater, Street racer, grudge bike smashing......the good ol busa does it all. It is a legendary bike with the widest range of after market bits to convert it for just about any application. Keep it N/A, Boost it, Gas it, up the engine size for performance, and the motor will take it, within reason of course. Add risers, a nice big screen some pannier bags and you have yourself a tourer, the busa does it. It has been seen whipping more capable bikes on track too if you like the moto gp style road racing thing. Lots of bits that can be added or taken away to give you the chance to really get your knee down....... and it doesn't matter how old you are, if you have a busa and you are more mature, it makes you feel young because its baddass. If you're young and have yet to grow some b@lls, it will give you some, because its badass. If these new "flavour of the month" superbikes come along, the Busa is relient, and finds away around them. This is not a bucket list bike, because once owning it, you will not want to kick the bucket. You will simply feel too alive.......Oh yeah and it pulls alot of chicks.
"Minimal rider aids" were exactly the words I was looking for. I'll be looking around in the gen 1-2 range then, thanks for your plethora of info, 'preciate it!

FYI add braided brake hoses, show some mercy to the clutch, regular servicing ensures this. Some frame sliders, because those fairings can be super expensive.
Oh yeah, sliders have saved my cbr600 a couple of times, although i have had some completely shatter, but that's what they're there for right? You mentioning the braided brake hoses is much appreciated, I take it they swell easily? or just for generally better braking?

Oh yeah, sliders have saved my cbr600 a couple of times, although i have had some completely shatter, but that's what they're there for right? You mentioning the braided brake hoses is much appreciated, I take it they swell easily? or just for generally better braking?
Well bro, particularly the gen 1's are notorious for their braking systems but braided hoses fix that right up.

If you go on the hunt for a Hayabusa, I might suggest a Gen 2, you might as well get the latest rendition of the bike. Find a '13 and up so you can get the Brembo calipers for a little better fade free braking. Steel lines, HH splintered pads and you are GTG for your braking needs.

The Hayabusa is getting dated and no longer the street dominator but in it's own right for what it is, it will hold it's own as an all around bike, just like @john blaze said.

Consider me interested, location is generally my only setback of me being in the market for one as I call DC home.

Georgia. I'll deliver it.

Older pic but setup the same minus graphics.

I have an ad for it in the classifieds.

I highly recommend a Hayabusa. I have owned a number of bikes and it is 100% an amazing machine. At 34 I consider myself somewhat young :) and this bike gets nothing but compliments. I do like the Gen 2 more than the Gen 1 aesthetically but there is nothing wrong with either. Buy it and enjoy! The bike mentioned above is definitely one to consider especially at that price.

A little light reading from past posts regarding the Busa...there are many older posts where people are comparing the Gen 1 and Gen 2 bikes. both are awesome in my opinion, they are both bench mark bikes.

One thing not mentioned in this thread is that the Busa is a roomy and comfortable bike to ride.
If you’re tall ( over 5’11) it will be so much better for your frame than a cramped liter bike I can assure you, I’ve ridden the Blackbird and the Busa has wider bars and a wider flatter seat with a little more reach to the bars, oh and more punch ! !
You will love a Busa first time you ride one, but you’re eighteen?? Wow, sounds so young to me, shouldn’t you be still zapping around on scooters or dirt bikes ? :D

Back