looking for 2001 blackbird?

brianm767

Registered
Ok yes i know this is a hayabusa web sight but im looking for a 2001 blackbird (red) any one seen one for sale near the west coast?  if any one knows some one who might want to get into a 02 silver busa and get rid of their blackbird please let me know.  scmyattb1@comcast.net

rock.gif
... I suggest you chack out the MCN site... they have a notorcycle classified section!! Might get you some lead there

Why are you getting rid of the 'Busa for a Blackbird? Honestly, I'm not sure what a Blackbird is except that it's a Honda.

A Blackbird (CBR1100XX) is what the Hayabusa was purposely built to beat back in 1999. Of course the Blackbird was built to beat the Kaw ZX11.

CBR1100XX Blackbird. Honda's answer to the Busa. They are nice rides. Not as fast as the Busa, but close. A little less sport, a little more touring. Very precise, but I don't care for linked brakes.

yes I've looked and posted on just about every web sight i can find,  and i totaly agree the xx isnt as fast as the busa but its better suited for sport touring, i had one before I got my busa, and i would like to get another one, and yes ive done all the comfort mods  , buel pegs, heli bars. st shield, and heated grips but for some reason i still prefer the xx for long rides, Ive done over 1200 miles in a day on my busa and supprisingly it wasnt too bad,  i can find silver and black blackbirds all day long but the red is a different story, well if any one comes across one let me know, thanks again. oh and the linked brakes arnt too bad once you get used to them, wouldnt want them on my busa though since i ride it alot more aggresively but in the st mode their not too bad.

<!--EDIT|brianm767
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117292326 -->

I know you said your looking for an 01 but in case your interested Sawyermotors.com has an 02 Bird w/9k miles and a salvage title for $4100.00.It lowsided and needs a little bodywork but I'm told it runs and rides very well.I was kinda interested but that biggggggg ugly headlight changed my mind.

Best friend just bought one Monday from the local Honda dealer. Silver 2002 model with only 1300 miles, brand new condition. He traded his '98 V45 Magna and gave them only $4,000. Great deal imo considering the Magna was probably worth $2500.

I saw it at the dealer a while back but haven't had a chance to see it since he bought it. So far 5 days have gone by and he's managed to keep it hidden from his wife in the garage and I don't want to be around when she finds out.
laugh.gif

There's a red one for sale a few miles from me. I stopped and checked it out and gave him the phone number that was on it. I think the guy wanted $5800 for it. First time I passed by it I gave it a quick glance and it was mint, next time when I stopped to look it over the right side had some minor scratches. The guys son supposedly knocked it over. I can't remember the mileage but it wasn't much, maybe 6K?

Beautiful bikes and if they were selling them in the US last year there's a good chance one would be sitting in my garage instead of the Busa.

If you want the phone number for that red one drop me a pm and I'll swing by there and get it for you.

btw, it's in NW Indiana about 1½ hours east of Chicago.

Back