Hayabusa for a younger guy

One thing not mentioned in this thread is that the Busa is a roomy and comfortable bike to ride.
If you’re tall ( over 5’11) it will be so much better for your frame than a cramped liter bike I can assure you, I’ve ridden the Blackbird and the Busa has wider bars and a wider flatter seat with a little more reach to the bars, oh and more punch ! !
You will love a Busa first time you ride one, but you’re eighteen?? Wow, sounds so young to me, shouldn’t you be still zapping around on scooters or dirt bikes ? :D
I've got an xr here in russia thats basically a fatass dirtbike thats 650ccs. started on a crotch rocket, gotta love the sportiness mate. I'm 5'6 but even with the xr being an exceptionally tall bike i've never had any problems, that and the blackbird being 3 times my weight it's always been fine.

A little light reading from past posts regarding the Busa...there are many older posts where people are comparing the Gen 1 and Gen 2 bikes. both are awesome in my opinion, they are both bench mark bikes.

thanks I'll be taking a look!

I've got an xr here in russia thats basically a fatass dirtbike thats 650ccs. started on a crotch rocket, gotta love the sportiness mate. I'm 5'6 but even with the xr being an exceptionally tall bike i've never had any problems, that and the blackbird being 3 times my weight it's always been fine.

DC or Russia?

If you decide on a gen 1 get an 03 or later to get all the upgrades over the 99 to 02 models.

cheers
ken

Ok, since no one else will: How long you been riding on the streets? The Busa (I prefer GenII) is a hell of a bike, but it can also hurt you. She's fast, she's heavy, and she doesn't brake or swerve like a lighter bike. You have GOT to exercise good judgement. No matter what, consider a trackday where you can better learn what the limits are - it will make you a better and safer rider. Good luck.

Back