Bikers arrested for going 140!!!!

Eventually we will have GPS and radio relayed records integral to vehicles. Then the ticket will just come in the mail!

No i'm not kidding. You have a unmarked car going 140 behind a group of bikes riding together I think that means they are going at least that fast.

What's the difference between 100 and 140? That's right 40 mph! They're making a big deal out of it. There is a time and place for everything. I myself was guilty going 170 + mph last Saturday here in Jersey. Anything outside the race track is considered public road, meaning its not a controlled environment. It does'nt matter if its an open stretch of road with no body around, it is still considered public. As long as you sell fastbikes to the public stuff like this will always happen. If you ride a bike bigger than a 600 you're already half way guilty, unless you just bought a bike to "pose" at bikenites. I'm just calling it as I see it.

why does everyone always act like they have not gone that fast honestly kinda ticks me off . Do i reccommend doing it all the time no but please dont act as tho u never had your bike to 100 Mph or faster .

Couldn't have said better!

it is what it is. I just feel unless you can honestly say you have never travled to 100 mph or faster as stated then you shouldnt comment like you see all the time. OMG they went 100+ mph big deal id be willing to bet 98% has and the other 1 percent will lie and say they havent and maybe 1% hasnt. I dunno i just hate seeing it all the time. I dont blame the cops if you wanna take the chance then be prepared for consequences. Everytime myself included steps on the bike i would say i average 80 or so on the bike on the hiway. Thats just me.
I have gone over the 100 mph mark. But I find serious flaws in your reasoning. There is a huge difference between doing it on an open road out in the middle of nowhere or somewhere with no traffic and doing it on the interstate in the middle of the day. Most everyone was saying why on a freaking busy road.

Yeah, I will say they are being stupid. Yes I think that most people have cranked it up to those speeds at some point. And yes I will continue, and believe we all should, to call these people what they are - Idiots.

Because I have gone fast does not mean I cannot comment on what someone else did. Like others have said - there is a time and place to give it a twist. It can be done without putting others at risk. Applying risk to ones self is your own issue. Applying it to others is reckless (hence reckless driving).

Say what you want, they were being stupid and should be punished. They are getting what is needed, and of course because I ride a sportsbike this will be tagged on me as well. I pick my places sir, NOT on busy highways during the middle of the day.

Someday the morons will learn what backwoods roads are... Until then I will flame them and continue to pick my places

I'll get off the :soapbox: now

140 mph? That is just cruising damnit! If there were enough bikes, couldn't they just say they were going with the flow of the traffic?

What's the difference you ask??

JUDGEMENT

Many of us can own a 160hp+ bike and ride RESPONSIBLY in public. As in we DO NOT endanger others.

You can own a fast bike and be responsible, it is possible.

You can go 140mph+ and not endanger others. This is the big point and I'm sorry if some of you don't get it. Think about others. Going 140mph on I-10 in traffic is putting other people at risk! Going 140mph on an empty desert road only puts the rider at risk. This is a big difference.

What's the difference you ask??

JUDGEMENT

Many of us can own a 160hp+ bike and ride RESPONSIBLY in public. As in we DO NOT endanger others.

You can own a fast bike and be responsible, it is possible.

You can go 140mph+ and not endanger others. This is the big point and I'm sorry if some of you don't get it. Think about others. Going 140mph on I-10 in traffic is putting other people at risk! Going 140mph on an empty desert road only puts the rider at risk. This is a big difference.

Stated better than I did.

I ride fast and I endorse this message :thumbsup:

it is what it is. I just feel unless you can honestly say you have never travled to 100 mph or faster as stated then you shouldnt comment like you see all the time. OMG they went 100+ mph big deal id be willing to bet 98% has and the other 1 percent will lie and say they havent and maybe 1% hasnt. I dunno i just hate seeing it all the time. I dont blame the cops if you wanna take the chance then be prepared for consequences. Everytime myself included steps on the bike i would say i average 80 or so on the bike on the hiway. Thats just me.
you can play devils advocate for a bunch of idiots if you like but you should probably sit back and think about what/where and how they were doing it... supporting "morons" does no one any good..

Had a friend get locked up Saturday for outrunning a local cop! Dumb Move! This was on a rural 2 lane road with speeds in excess of 180+! He`s lucky to be alive! 6 counts of wanton endangerment,1 count of fleeing & evading = 7 felony charges!!! Not to mention speeding & wreckless driving! Bike is still impounded! I live in a small town & the media had a field day with it! My bike stayed parked all weekend because i didn`t want to take a chance of getting in trouble! Ya, i agree a time & place to open it up is nice, but he`ll have at least one felony to follow him the rest of his life! Think before you run that`s all!

All of this being said, how much danger does a biker at 140 pose to a car at 80?

I believe the bike and rider would be destroyed while the car would just have a damaged trunk and rear bumper.

If the bike was sideswiped while passing a merging car, the bike would be flung off the road and destroyed while the car would have almost no damage.

I see repetitive statements about all the danger these bikers caused to other motorists, but did they pose a physical danger to anyone but other bikers? Furthermore, how many bikes have collided with other bikes on the interstate when not in a group ride event?

Here's my take:
They were stupid for doing it in a group and on a public highway.
Nothing mentioned any construction or pedestrian work zones and so I don't have anything personal against any of them for going that fast on the interstate.

I say give them a civil fine and maybe an impound for putting their own asses in danger, not waste tax money to lock them all up in a damn jail.

The guys in the service are going to have a really hard time for the foreseeable future. Just being accused of doing 80 in a 65 bike is bad for servicemembers.

Not gonna argue id bet like i said 90% of the people here have sped ona hiway with other traffic. I dont condone running if your gonna speed slow down when your caught dont run and risk anything further.

Last edited:
All of this being said, how much danger does a biker at 140 pose to a car at 80?

I believe the bike and rider would be destroyed while the car would just have a damaged trunk and rear bumper.

If the bike was sideswiped while passing a merging car, the bike would be flung off the road and destroyed while the car would have almost no damage.

I see repetitive statements about all the danger these bikers caused to other motorists, but did they pose a physical danger to anyone but other bikers? Furthermore, how many bikes have collided with other bikes on the interstate when not in a group ride event?

Here's my take:
They were stupid for doing it in a group and on a public highway.
Nothing mentioned any construction or pedestrian work zones and so I don't have anything personal against any of them for going that fast on the interstate.

I say give them a civil fine and maybe an impound for putting their own asses in danger, not waste tax money to lock them all up in a damn jail.

Have you ever seen a motorcycle going 140 that hit the back of a car going 80? That does a ton of damage. It's like a bike hitting a parked car at 60. It will go halfway through the freakin car. It's gonna kill the biker and probably the people in the car. Not to mention that if they do live and the biker dies what sort of trauma does that cause to the people in the car?

I could care less what fines are thrown at them, as long as it's enough to make them not do it again. But to argue that they put no one but themselves at risk is just stupid.

Here is an example of how much damage they can do

http://www1.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/MI32642/

Makes me shiver to think I just rode 700 miles on my 08 BUsa and 80% of those were over 100 mph topping out at around 160 around a nice smooth sweeper nicley balling up the rubber on the edges of my tires. I did pass a cop radaring while going 120 but he did nto pull out. So I just kept up my rate of speed.... I feel bad for these guys. OUr speed limits are too lsow in some areas. Now they are talking of reducing again a la the last gas crunch. Just inflate your tires, right Obama?:whistle:

And alot of them in the military too... sucks to be them...

What's the difference between 100 and 140? That's right 40 mph! They're making a big deal out of it. There is a time and place for everything. I myself was guilty going 170 + mph last Saturday here in Jersey. Anything outside the race track is considered public road, meaning its not a controlled environment. It does'nt matter if its an open stretch of road with no body around, it is still considered public. As long as you sell fastbikes to the public stuff like this will always happen. If you ride a bike bigger than a 600 you're already half way guilty, unless you just bought a bike to "pose" at bikenites. I'm just calling it as I see it.

That's mostly what I do :whistle:

P1040472.jpg

Have you ever seen a motorcycle going 140 that hit the back of a car going 80? That does a ton of damage. It's like a bike hitting a parked car at 60. It will go halfway through the freakin car. It's gonna kill the biker and probably the people in the car. Not to mention that if they do live and the biker dies what sort of trauma does that cause to the people in the car?

I could care less what fines are thrown at them, as long as it's enough to make them not do it again. But to argue that they put no one but themselves at risk is just stupid.

Here is an example of how much damage they can do

http://www1.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/MI32642/

The example you gave t-boned a compact car. I never said anything about t-boning, that puts only the vehicle doors in the way. In addition, the example you gave was in the middle of a city. So, the speed difference between the car and the motorcycle exceeding 100 mph was likely well in excess of 100 as a result of the type of accident.

If you can show me an example where a motorcycle rear ends a car and causes critical injury to the occupants of the car with a 70 mph or less difference in speed between the two objects, I will bow to you.

You have to remember, after enough of the car's metal compacts, the motorcycle will be wedged up and over the car, rather than through it.

Last edited:
Back