Bikers arrested for going 140!!!!

gaeducator

Registered
Damn, this is messed up!!!! I am all for opening her up in isolated areas. After reading the reports, I realized that they maintained this speed for many miles and were also followed by an unmarked vehicle. This kinda hits home because I am originally from the Baldwin/Mobile area. Although I don't know any of the riders involved.

http://www.al.com/news/press-register/index.ssf?/base/news/1219050956270500.xml&coll=3

http://www.nbc15online.com/mostpopu...04C6ABE8-0F65-4441-A1E3-EA934F323C1E&gsa=true

Last edited:
That is excellent! Way to go, po-po...... a good bust with no incidents! :thumbsup:

The assclowns that ride like this in presence of prevailing traffic are a huge problem for all of us, whether we want to acknowledge it or not. No empathy from me.... these ass-hats deserve everything they get.
Now, that having been said, if you're out riding by yourself all alone in the desert (for example), then, hell yeah, let 'er rip, baby! :beerchug:

But to do this $hit on public highways in close proximity to other vehicles.... you're just part of the problem.

Thats just silly he couldnt clock all those bikes doing 140 dont get me wrong they shouldnt of been at that high rate of speed but come on all 12 arrested oh well hope they all have good attorneys

The Pacesetters (Mobile Chapter) are a good group of guys. They do a lot of good in the community. As for the NW florida chapter, I can't speak for them, but I am sure the President(Mobile) will handle this situation. It really has put a blackeye on the club. I am originally from the Mobile/Baldwin area.

Well, I would like to see what happens with attorneys and such, I know for a fact they couldn't have clocked all 12 of them at that speed. I am glad they got stopped and nobody was hurt.

Guess we'll see...

It is safer not to ride in huge groups, IMO.

One guy wants to go fast then we all wanna join in. I have been there before but not at that speed on a highway with cars and such...

well.. someone ask here what happens when you go 150, a long discussion and replies from everone, here is your answer for going 140 in public highways.

Last edited:
The trooper doesn't need to clock each one individually, although this is possible with a laser unit, all he needs to do is establish a tracking history. What I mean here is if I am running radar and I observe a large group of motorcycles approaching at a high rate of speed passing other trafic and the radar unit verifies the speed of say the first motorcycle at 140 and the rest of the group is keeping up with the first one... common sence, though not very common, would suggest that the whole group is or was traveling at the same speed. Therefore in Georgia winning the guilty verdict.

The trooper doesn't need to clock each one individually, although this is possible with a laser unit, all he needs to do is establish a tracking history. What I mean here is if I am running radar and I observe a large group of motorcycles approaching at a high rate of speed passing other trafic and the radar unit verifies the speed of say the first motorcycle at 140 and the rest of the group is keeping up with the first one... common sence, though not very common, would suggest that the whole group is or was traveling at the same speed. Therefore in Georgia winning the guilty verdict.
Bingo. A good lawyer may argue it down a little, but you are kinda stuck. If you are keeping up it doesn't matter if you were radar'd personally or not.

At least that's how I understand the :rulez:.

As for thier conduct... It isn't just a black eye for that club, it's another shot in the nuts for the motorcycling community. We don't need this. It's bad enough the people don't see me in traffic, I don't need them trying to keep me from "speeding down the freeway at 140 mph". Arseclowns will read this and take the law into thier own hands because "what if my family was...."

Okay... I am all done with that

I agree, I don't need people reinforcing the stereotype of crotchrockets on the highways. my insurance is too high now and this will only add more :rulez: and restrictions in the future. not the kind of publicity we need. if they had not been speeding nothing would have been written about 12 bikers riding to a benefit in a group.

I agree, I don't need people reinforcing the stereotype of crotchrockets on the highways. my insurance is too high now and this will only add more :rulez: and restrictions in the future. not the kind of publicity we need. if they had not been speeding nothing would have been written about 12 bikers riding to a benefit in a group.

That is a really valid point. If they would not have been speeding excessively, no press would have even been given to the benefit event.The press that we as bikers receive is mostly negative. We can not afford any more negative attention.

Well, I would like to see what happens with attorneys and such, I know for a fact they couldn't have clocked all 12 of them at that speed. I am glad they got stopped and nobody was hurt.

Guess we'll see...

It is safer not to ride in huge groups, IMO.

One guy wants to go fast then we all wanna join in. I have been there before but not at that speed on a highway with cars and such...

They all traveled from point "A" to point "B" in a certain amout of time...so it
is easy to prove that they were speeding. It doesn't matter if it was 140 or
only 100...they just need to do the math to determine how fast they went.

Back