Bikers arrested for going 140!!!!

I know this stretch of I-10; It's very TEMPTING; flat, straight, smooth and fresh asphalt. Not an excuse. The average speed for traffic in this area is about 90 it's been very high for years. I've been passed by cars and minivans doing 100 plenty of times.

It is one helluva stretch of interstate. Very straight, flat, plenty of pine trees in between the east and west bound lanes. But it is also a hotspot for Florida/Alabama state troopers. I have traveled this interstate hundreds of times. The average speed is 90-95 mph. There are numerous drive throughs where the troopers hang out and monitor the traffic. Would have to be real idiots to drive that fast for that many miles and not notice that there was an unmarked trooper trailing you.

I have been on that road several times during the past two years and it seems like that no matter what time of day or night it is there is a lot of traffic. I cannot understand why anyone would be traveling that fast on such a busy road. It just gives all of us a bad name:poke: Like someone said you can roll with the traffic and be running 80 plus. That's fast enough on an Interstate. Always remember that our bikes are capable of running faster than most people can see...it's a matter of survival :)

140 mph??? Holy smoke..... imagine how unsafe that is!

That's why I always adhere to the posted limits..............

If they were doing that on a public hywy with traffic....glad they got busted.

Dill holes...... time and place for that kind of speed.... way to many open roads to be pulling this stuff off on a highway full of cars..:bowdown: po, po for a quiet end to the incident..

if they are riding together and staying together in a group going 140 it's pretty safe to say that they were all going that fast.

why does everyone always act like they have not gone that fast honestly kinda ticks me off . Do i reccommend doing it all the time no but please dont act as tho u never had your bike to 100 Mph or faster .

I would love to have a road like that all to myself with no traffic or cops.

I've done that kind of speed before, but I didn't hold it there. Around here there's not many places to do that, you run out of road too quick.

why does everyone always act like they have not gone that fast honestly kinda ticks me off . Do i reccommend doing it all the time no but please dont act as tho u never had your bike to 100 Mph or faster .

we all have gone fast including myself, i go fast in isolated area with no traffic and the reason for that is to minimize chance of injuring myself or someone else or get caught by police,but when some one said that it is safer to go 140 miles as a group, that is just bunch of you know what.

I can honestly say I have never done it in the presence of traffic or other vehicles.. I pick my spots pretty carefully... zipping for miles down a highway at speed however is neither picking your spot or being very wise..

longest run I made as speed was with another member here on a completely empty stretch of divided 4 lane at one of the Bash's...

it is what it is. I just feel unless you can honestly say you have never travled to 100 mph or faster as stated then you shouldnt comment like you see all the time. OMG they went 100+ mph big deal id be willing to bet 98% has and the other 1 percent will lie and say they havent and maybe 1% hasnt. I dunno i just hate seeing it all the time. I dont blame the cops if you wanna take the chance then be prepared for consequences. Everytime myself included steps on the bike i would say i average 80 or so on the bike on the hiway. Thats just me.

some one said that it is safer to go 140 miles as a group, that is just bunch of you know what.

You should read the post again, I believe you misread it.

riding together and staying together in a group going 140 it's pretty safe to say that they were all going that fast

That is so funny, :rofl: I have to admit that I have blazed down I5 on my way to San Diego at 140+ in a group, but there is no way that all of us would have gotten caught. I dont care if he was standing in on the freeway, someone would of had to take one for the team, and everyone else chip in to get their bike back, but 12 riders that has got to suck for them.

That is so funny, :rofl: I have to admit that I have blazed down I5 on my way to San Diego at 140+ in a group, but there is no way that all of us would have gotten caught. I dont care if he was standing in on the freeway, someone would of had to take one for the team, and everyone else chip in to get their bike back, but 12 riders that has got to suck for them.

I believe if someone would have ran , they probably would have ended up dead or hurt. They were actually caught on the I-10 Bayway. There are a couple of exits, but this is a bridge over the Mobile Bay. Probably about three miles ahead is the Wallace Tunnel and the new Tunnel. They were actually stopped on the I-10 bayway. A good friend of mine is an AL state trooper and he told me that they had several lines of defense, in case someone ran. They also had a roadblock just at the exit of the Tunnel planned. He stated that they are currently on a "Take Back our Highway" campaign to eliminate reckless driving and excessive speeding. While they did not actively pursue these guys, they actively set up roadblocks.

Man i bet our insurance will jump now!! What a bunch of nuts. I guess they cant go to the track and run. This sucks!! and it makes us all look BAD!! I will admitt i love to go fast on my busa but it is a time and place for everything. I guess some people need to grow up.

Back