Bike won't start

billbell

Jap is where it's at!
Donating Member
Registered
Talk about making a guy mad. I brought home the new Busa Saturday. It ran fine. I went to take her for a ride yesterday morning(Sunday) and the battery was dead. I hooked it up to the charger for a couple hours and it fired right up and ran fine. Woke up this morning, totally dead. No gauges bouncing, fuel pump not coming on....nothing! The dealer is getting a call soon as they open. I am hoping maybe the battery is just bad and not something else with the bike. I definitely am not paying a penny for anyhting that needs to be done. A brand new Busa sitting here and all I can do is look at her. THIS SUCKS!

yah thats pretty gay!!! they better give yah another battery or tell them you want anothe bke period.

I think Iowa has a 3 day lemon law. I'll be screaming that if they don't take care of it.

Are you sure you're not leaving the key in the acc position, the one that leaves the tail lignt on?

Are you sure you're not leaving the key in the acc position, the one that leaves the tail lignt on?
If the key is in the park position the running lights will be on but they can be hard to see in the daylight. Don't ask me how I know this. The wife is still mad about having to bring the trailer to pick me up at 0400 when it did not start.

I'm sure you are just dealing with a improperly charged or faulty battery.

Claim severe distress and go for a free gel cell Yuasa....

I'm sure you are just dealing with a improperly charged or faulty battery.

Claim severe distress and go for a free gel cell Yuasa....
laugh.gif
cool.gif

They are charging a new battery for me. It should be ready to pick up at 1:30. I am sure I am not leaving the key in the wrong position but thanks for the suggestion. I should claim distress since I have to drive 40-50 miles round trip to switch out batteries. Gas prices suck!

But if you make the trip on the Busa think of the fun you'll have!
super.gif

I thought about that too. Give her another charge and see if I can get her fired up.

It is still full from when i picked it up Saturday. I only have 43 miles on her. Plus I might just start taking her apart and do a couple things this afternoon. Remove the reflectors, wack the fender off, and I might take the rear sets and the passenger peg/exhaust bracket off and give them a couple coats of black paint. Nothing major.

I bought it at Wilwerts HD/Suzuki in Dubuque. I got the new battery and she seems to be purring like a kitten again. If I wake up tomorrow and it doesn't start, let's just say I will be angry!

Glad to hear you got her running again, Bill. Let's hope you don't have to deal with it anymore!

Hope it starts fine tomorrow. Sounds like you just got a bad battery. It happens sometimes.

Back