Busa won't start

Fooligan

Registered
Tried to start my 04 LE this morning and it was absolutely dead. No instrument lights or turnsignals and of course the starter didn't make a sound.

I don't know if I left the parking lights on or not. I rode it 2 days ago and it was fine.

Should I try hooking up jumper cables from the truck or will this damage the electrical system?

BUy a trickle charger from any auto parts store (or Wal-Mart). They are cheap and can be found specifically for motorcycle batteries. They will not harm your battery and will have you back up and running in no time. If this does not work then you have a more serious problem somewhere. Don;t assume the worst though, just assum ethat you left your parking lights by accident (only one little turn from lock - I have done this myself).

The funny thing is it must be completely dead if you get no panel lights at all. Maybe you should check the fuses?

Using jumper cables will not hurt it attached to a standard auto. You can also try popping the clutch in second if there's a hill or someone can give you a push.

Use jumpers to see if you can get it started. If so then get a tric charger and make a habit of pluging it in once a week.

Using jumper cables will not hurt it attached to a standard auto.  You can also try popping the clutch in second if there's a hill or someone can give you a push.
In my experience, if your that dead, no fuel pump noise, no gauge sweep, you can push it all day long and she ain't gonna fire......jump start it just as you would any other 12 volt system.

Using jumper cables will not hurt it attached to a standard auto.  You can also try popping the clutch in second if there's a hill or someone can give you a push.
In my experience, if your that dead, no fuel pump noise, no gauge sweep, you can push it all day long and she ain't gonna fire......jump start it just as you would any other 12 volt system.
Yes you are correct, speaking from exprience on this one I agree.

Something new every day, I didn't know you could jump the bike from a car without frying the electrical system.

Jumping from a car or truck is ok. F.I. bikes wont start when push starting because the fuel pump cant run and ignition system wont power up. When the battery is completly dead you should not run the motor to recharge the battery. The charging system on most things are not ment to charge a dead battery. It will over heat and burn up very expensive parts. Charge the battery before riding it.

Something else to check is just make sure your battery cables are completely tight. I've seen it happen on cars where they'll seem completely dead and it was just a loose battery cable. Good luck

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Jump started it with the truck yesterday and took it for a quick ride around the neighborhood. It seemed OK.

I didn't want to go too far- I was riding in the hurricane.
wow.gif
</span>

I'd rather be riding IN a Hurricane than riding ON a hurricane (little Honda humor there, had to beat someone to it)

<!--EDIT|epicrisis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1094433893 -->

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Jump started it with the truck yesterday and took it for a quick ride around the neighborhood. It seemed OK.

I didn't want to go too far- I was riding in the hurricane.
wow.gif
</span>
Wuss! It was just a little wind and rain, Hell I was out doing wheelies across the Gandy earlier today...
baaa.gif

WEll allright maybe not, glad your ride is running...

Back