Bike won't start

saltram

Registered
Thanks to info from this site i have managed to remedy a previous problem of my engine cutting out due to the filters inside the fuel pump being blocked. Unfortunately having put the bike back together again it will now not start, it will turn over but not fire.there is no power going to either the fuel pump coils or injectors this led me to believe that the fault may lie with the tip sensor but having tested that i found it to be functioning properly. I now believe the problem to be either within the ecu or perhaps there is an immobiliser on the bike which may have been cut but not removed and due to dis-connection of the battery has now become active. I have tested all sensors, connections and sidestand and am at my wits end as to what the problem. One other point is that when i switch the ignition on everything is ok except for the temp gauge which goes to the top and back down again but then rises back to the top of the temp range and stays there even though the bike is cold. As far as i can remember this has always happened since i've had the bike, is this normal as once started the gauge appears to work normally?
Any help would be much appreciated, thanks

Are you getting any malfunction codes displayed? To check, there's a connector near the clutch side just aft of the battery. You don't need the Suzuki tool to check the code, all you need is a paperclip. Remove the black rubber cap, complete the circuit between the two wires inside the connector with a bent paperclip and turn the key on. See if any codes are displayed then compare the code(s) with the manual to see what, if anything, is malfunctioning.

Neutral or clutch sensor? My temp gauge does not stal in the high position once it has done its test.

<!--EDIT|Krieg
Reason for Edit: None given...|1085929176 -->

Back