Bike to Bike communication

Rongotti

Registered
What is the easiest way?
I have a bluetooth piece for my phone
and I have bose earbuds for music
Is there something I can buy and hook these into to work?
Or do I have to buy one of the whole chatterbox kits, well actualyl two of them I guess huh?

Go this route. Me and 3 of my friends use these. There very easy to use and the sound is great.

1.jpg

Cap and several of us use Autocom with FRS radios. You can add phone, music, GPS.
Keith at Tulsa Truck Supply is the know all on Autocom. 918 445-5188. This is not an inexpensive setup. If you don't want to pony up the money needed to have clear communications don't look into it. You may get sticker shock!
It works and works well, even at 100mph. You need a quality radio. Don't buy a toy FRS radio. Cap and I bought Icom radios from Keith and have a great system. Contact Captain he tell you, this is currently the best system with good support from Keith. Also contact Semi, he has Autocom now.
Bluetooth is limited to one other person, and the range is too short. We tried them. They failed. You have to pair to the system. We simply tell everyone the channel we are on and get down the road. Depending on terrain we get well over a mile. Open range line of sight - several miles.

Cap and several of us use Autocom with FRS radios. You can add phone, music, GPS.
Keith at Tulsa Truck Supply is the know all on Autocom. 918 445-5188. This is not an inexpensive setup. If you don't want to pony up the money needed to have clear communications don't look into it. You may get sticker shock!
It works and works well, even at 100mph. You need a quality radio. Don't buy a toy FRS radio. Cap and I bought Icom radios from Keith and have a great system. Contact Captain he tell you, this is currently the best system with good support from Keith. Also contact Semi, he has Autocom now.
Bluetooth is limited to one other person, and the range is too short. We tried them. They failed. You have to pair to the system. We simply tell everyone the channel we are on and get down the road. Depending on terrain we get well over a mile. Open range line of sight - several miles.

Silly expensive... I'd rather ride in silence if this was the only option.

Well weve had these a while. They are bluetooth. I can talk up to 4 other riders at over a quarter mile. Ive recieved many phone calls while on the bike and the person never knew I was on a bike. As for failing they have never failed us yet. You dont need to spend that much money to get a good quality headset.

You already spent the money and I understand you purchased something that meets your needs. I am advising someone that has not. Your purchase is limited to your needs. If someone new comes into your group they need the system you have.
We do not have to pair to anyone, we don't have to charge batteries. FRS is compatible with all others with FRS. When attending events like the Bash, FRS is compatible with chatterbox and anyone with FRS radios. It is a better fit if you want a more universal system. We tried bluetooth and it had too many limitations.

Go this route. Me and 3 of my friends use these. There very easy to use and the sound is great.

I 2nd this. I have the SENA SMH10. Dual kit.. fricken amazing!!!!!!!!!! definitley worth every penny. look into it. you will not be disappointed. Every rider should have this. especially when riding and need to get a hold of someone in an emergency situations. Voice activated calling works perfect with the iPhone 4.

You can connect a frs radio to the blue tooth headset in the helmet.

sr10_0.jpg

There is this unit coming out next month and there other units already out there, adapters to let use and FRS radio with your bluetooth headset. I favor the bluetooth for the wireless connection to not only your phone for the Pandora radio, but the connection to your GPS if it has bluetooth and your ipod touch which is also bluetooth. When you add the adapter for the FRS radio it can be a real comfortable setup. I am interested in the Sena right now and looking forward to getting it when I get my new lid.

sr10_0.jpg

^^^^ What he said:thumbsup:

Well weve had these a while. They are bluetooth. I can talk up to 4 other riders at over a quarter mile. Ive recieved many phone calls while on the bike and the person never knew I was on a bike. As for failing they have never failed us yet. You dont need to spend that much money to get a good quality headset.

Dont get me wrong im not bashing on ur units at all. Im just stating these because some people dont have the funds like that and im only giving other options. Alls good man.

Is it possible for you to give us the exact model # of the radios and headsets?

I would like a decent unit for as cheap as possible. Yes I know you get what you pay for, so I am thinking maybe an older unit like this one might be all I need. While it would be nice to do the bluetooth and all, the only requirement is that I can talk with my buddy. I don't do big outings like the bash so linking up with others wont be something I am interested in. So for me cost is really the number one and almost only category.

You already spent the money and I understand you purchased something that meets your needs. I am advising someone that has not. Your purchase is limited to your needs. If someone new comes into your group they need the system you have.
We do not have to pair to anyone, we don't have to charge batteries. FRS is compatible with all others with FRS. When attending events like the Bash, FRS is compatible with chatterbox and anyone with FRS radios. It is a better fit if you want a more universal system. We tried bluetooth and it had too many limitations.

Can you give me the model # for your headset and radio?

Is it possible for you to give us the exact model # of the radios and headsets?

meductic, call Tom at Red Dog Radios and tell him your interested in the Icom radios that Kieth at Tulsa Truck center is recommending. He'll know the one your talking about. As far as the Autocom system goes, The Logic Kit L-1 will get you set up.

Red Dog Radios
tom@reddogradios.com
Red Dog Radios

meductic, call Tom at Red Dog Radios and tell him your interested in the Icom radios that Kieth at Tulsa Truck center is recommending. He'll know the one your talking about. As far as the Autocom system goes, The Logic Kit L-1 will get you set up.

Red Dog Radios
tom@reddogradios.com
Red Dog Radios

Thanks for your help! I'm taking a trip next month from Maine to Florida and radios would be a huge plus!!!!

Back