Bike to bike communication, need opinions

Poppy

Donating Member
Registered
I'm looking into purchasing a bike to bike / rider to passenger communication device. I like the GMRS X1 by Chatterbox. Whatever brand I get will be used with both my bikes, the busa & nomad. I noticed a few bash attendees had these or something similar. I need some opinions from you guys. We all know the members here have opinions on everything. Thanks in advance for the input. My plan will be to use the unit while my wife & I ride the nomad, for some chatting and listening to some music. Then I can use it while riding the busa, listening to music and talking to homero4busa while riding, if I can talk him into prying open his wallet and purchasing one too! I know I can just by an MP3 player for music but I also want the communication aspect.  
type.gif

<!--EDIT|Poppy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149211131 -->

I love mine, I ride with groups a lot and to have communication from the front of the pack to the back is great. Especially if you ride find yourself in a large group, you dont have to worry about stop lights or route. not to mention when you see hot chicks or something else, you can let every one else know. Whellies for Titties has been good to me the last couple summers.:p

Thanks for the response. Wheelies for Titties..........hmmm, I like that concept.

I have a Autocom unit that I was using at the bash. It doesn't attach to the side of your helmet, (big plus for me, can't stand the wind noise of something like that attached to the helmet), and does 2-way, (it isn't built in like the chatterbox, though), mp3, cell phone, and GPS/radar. Has a hookup for the passenger, too. I had the whole thing with mp3, cell phone stuffed in my tank bag with plenty of room to spare. A small tank bag like the JR Manta has about 2x the room needed for the unit. Sound quality is pretty good, but it's better with ear plugs.

My Wife & I have a chatterbox system - need to work on the adjustment - wind noise over 30 & mic stayed keyed open. We bought 5' patch cord to the unit so is in the trunk, not on out helmets. Some helmets have room for earphones - hers does, my AGV does not - tight fit on the ears.

Back