Bike to Bike communication

meductic, call Tom at Red Dog Radios and tell him your interested in the Icom radios that Kieth at Tulsa Truck center is recommending. He'll know the one your talking about. As far as the Autocom system goes, The Logic Kit L-1 will get you set up.

Red Dog Radios
tom@reddogradios.com
Red Dog Radios

I dont like bumping old posts, but just got off the phone with tom about the radios he sells for autocom. Great guy to deal with and I ended up buying 2 from him! Can't wait to get this hooked up on the bike.

I was thinking about picking up a set of Chatterbox units for my gf and I so that when she laughs hysterically when he do a top speed run I will be able to hear her loud and clear. I don't really know that much about how they work...do they stick to the outside of your helmet with two sided foam? Does the unit sticking on the outside cause wind noise? How clear are they when riding at speed when on a bike that isn't a Goldwing?

I was thinking about picking up a set of Chatterbox units for my gf and I so that when she laughs hysterically when he do a top speed run I will be able to hear her loud and clear. I don't really know that much about how they work...do they stick to the outside of your helmet with two sided foam? Does the unit sticking on the outside cause wind noise? How clear are they when riding at speed when on a bike that isn't a Goldwing?

Do not, I repeat, Do not get a Chatterbox. I purchased 4 last winter for the group to use in the summer and I’m now selling them all. Anything above 50 mph you have a hard time hearing the other person and anything close to highway speeds you can’t hear anything. The system is mounted to the side of your helmet with a clip that always seems to break and to prevent it from falling off my helmet if it happened again I had to Velcro it on.

Spend your money wisely the first time and buy an Autocom System. They are on the high side for cost, but you can find great deals on ebay. I bought mine for $300 new with passenger headset (originally $500) and is guaranteed to work at any speed.

If you have any questions about chatterbox, feel free to send me a PM.

I have been using the Scala rider team set Q2 for 2 years and love them. Range is limited to 2,000 feet but it's a smart setup and they sound good. It works on the Bluetooth platform, adds an FM radio, has an input for MP3, and you can pair your phone with them. One u it did crap out on me recently, and their support was second to none... Had a new unit within a week after owning them quite a while. Price is fair but when a company stands behind the product it makes it that much better.

stock-photo-700262-paper-cup-phone.jpg

Do not, I repeat, Do not get a Chatterbox. I purchased 4 last winter for the group to use in the summer and I’m now selling them all. Anything above 50 mph you have a hard time hearing the other person and anything close to highway speeds you can’t hear anything. The system is mounted to the side of your helmet with a clip that always seems to break and to prevent it from falling off my helmet if it happened again I had to Velcro it on.

Spend your money wisely the first time and buy an Autocom System. They are on the high side for cost, but you can find great deals on ebay. I bought mine for $300 new with passenger headset (originally $500) and is guaranteed to work at any speed.

If you have any questions about chatterbox, feel free to send me a PM.

I have wondered how easy it would be to hear using these devices but I guess some of the others listed here are better than the Chatterbox...usually you see the Chatterbox units promoted on touring rigs etc where wind noise is at a minimum but as we know that isn't the case on the busa....especially at higher speeds. I wear an Arai helmet which isn't exactly the quietest plus I am hard of hearing in my left ear at higher frequencies so all this might be a bit of a challenge for any unit.

I have wondered how easy it would be to hear using these devices but I guess some of the others listed here are better than the Chatterbox...usually you see the Chatterbox units promoted on touring rigs etc where wind noise is at a minimum but as we know that isn't the case on the busa....especially at higher speeds. I wear an Arai helmet which isn't exactly the quietest plus I am hard of hearing in my left ear at higher frequencies so all this might be a bit of a challenge for any unit.

I have an Arai helmet ant wear ear plugs and I can still hear the Sena unit well enough to listen to music (high frequencies are not very clear) or carry on a conversation with another rider or on the phone. The one button voice dialing for the cell phone works excellent. Their noise cancellation is good enough that unless I am running really fast most people can't even tell that I'm on my bike.

If you want full capability out of a headset, stay away from bluetooth. It limits the devices and performance of what you could be getting.

I say go with the scala Q2 pro muliset its bluetooth and likes up easy to a phone or connect an ipod and you can talk to others easy to use. love mine

Back