Bike quit on me!

Idle your engine for a few minutes, then open your gas cap.
If you can feel any vacuum sucked in then your breather vakve cloggeg in gas cap. It will not set FI light off.
Well I would try that but I took the bike to Suzuki at 10am this morning. They said they prolly couldn't check it out today but sometime tommorow they would look at it. I will make sure and post the findings on here that way if someone else experiences something like this they'll be a post to check out. Thanks for the advice though man.

I guess dealer fixed it since your forgot to post outcome huh?

I`m sure it would be helpful for our community if you update what the problem was.

Vic is the Voice of Reason
cool.gif

Hey Vic.... Guess who's going to be a dad
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|Valium
Reason for Edit: None given...|1153518217 -->

Vic...do ya get the feeling were having the same conversation in multiple threads...lmao

I guess dealer fixed it since your forgot to post outcome huh?

I`m sure it would be helpful for our community if you update what the problem was.
No man I haven't forgot to hook the org up with the outcome. The thing is there is no outcome yet. I took the bike in Monday at 10am and when I called Thursday at 5pm to ask what they had found it hadn't even been LOOKED at yet. They said they are so busy no one has had a chance to look at it yet. So here I sit Friday at 9 in the evening with the same empty spot in the garage I have had all week broken hearted that I will get to do no riding this weekend. It's supposed to be gorgeous and cooler to so go figure. Whenever I do get the 411 I will make sure and post it though. But for now I am very sad.......

Okay update. I just called Suzuki after having the bike for 8 days and they finally got to checking it out. They said just what I feared. They have taken the bike out and ran it pretty good 4 times now and it has ran PERFECT. They said if they can't get the bike to act up then they can't begin to trouble shoot it. So it looks like my only option is to pick it back up, put it all back together, and I may only be a mile from the house and it may do it again.

I was just wondering do you all think my idle screw may have vibrated itself low enough that it caused the bike to stall out? Maybe that could be why it started and died out each time but didn't do it and ran PERFECT once I adjusted the idle back up?

Okay update. I just called Suzuki after having the bike for 8 days and they finally got to checking it out. They said just what I feared. They have taken the bike out and ran it pretty good 4 times now and it has ran PERFECT. They said if they can't get the bike to act up then they can't begin to trouble shoot it. So it looks like my only option is to pick it back up, put it all back together, and I may only be a mile from the house and it may do it again.

I was just wondering do you all think my idle screw may have vibrated itself low enough that it caused the bike to stall out? Maybe that could be why it started and died out each time but didn't do it and ran PERFECT once I adjusted the idle back up?
Okay one more thing I was thinking about and I wanted some other opinions on. I know on a car when a fuel pump starts to go bad it does the EXACT same things as my bike has been doing. One minute its bucking and stalling out and the next minute it runs fine until the pump TOTALLY shuts down. I know I run my busa hard a lot of the time that I am on it so my pump is working overtime a lot. Do you all think that a Busa with 20,000 miles could have a fuel pump just going out? I mean I know it may not be a common thing but this really seems like what could be causing my problem. If the pump was going out I wouldn't see any lights on the gauges either which I didn't and wouldn't kick up anything irregular on a diagnostic. I am seriously thinking maybe I need to suggest this to the service manager and see what he thinks. I just don't wanna seem retarded to suggest it on a 20,000 mile bike if NO ONE else seems to agree with me.

What you guys think?

never had this problem and exept for the bucking part it sounded like your alarm/starter kill was acting up. only time of heard of anything shutting down both the engine and the eletrical but it sounds like you've eliminated that i guess. just my pay pal 2 cents

I had the exact same problem after installing my scorpio alarm and the answer made me feal dumber than I have ever felt in my life. When hooking everything back up I didn't tighten the battery connections enough. So if I had enough throttle the bike would keep it self running but 2500 rpm's or less it would buck and cut off so on and so forth. Tightened the battery (once I realized it and taken the whole bike apart) and work like a charm since then. If you did anything with your battery or just have not checked the connections in a while check it out because it sounds identical to my problem.

I had the same problem with my Busa a while back. The problem was the kickstand switch. It was loose or something and wasn't fully engaging, therefore cutting the Busa off while riding. Instead of getting a new kickstand switch, I had my removed. I don't have the safety feature the kickstand provides anymore, but I don't have the bucking and engine cutoffs anymore either. I hope this helps.

Back