bike jerks while crusing...WTF

thats the thing. it worked well and ran fine till i took it apart to get it painted and when it was done i put it all back together and then this problem started...

i was tol from my painter that the tank fell off the rack where he was going to paint it..it created a dent so he took out the fuel C0ck and sending unit to pound out the dent and do some body work...it turned out pretty nice..you can't even notice it..my only thing is when he pounded out the dent he knocked the crap inside loose and may have clogged the fuel c0ck..

I will get the throttle bodies in sync but it ran fine untill i got it painted...(fairings off the bike)

I have the same problem, bike has been sat through our cr#p winter, ran ok until I refuelled yesterday, 100yards down the road and.... here I am looking for solutions:banghead:. Have been searching forums for an answer and someone came up with the tipover sensor being loose on its mounting. He'd had a respray and the sensor was rattling around after the work was done. It worked for him, I will include it in my list as I work through all the possibles. Good luck and keep the suggestions coming.

Check your kickstand wires. Mine did the same thing after a paint job. I swore it was the paint in the fuel lines somewhere but it just turned out to be the stupid kickstand wiring.

so here i am again.....i changed the following...

fuel injectors
fuel filter
valve shims
new fuel lines.
re-synched the throttle bodies
and cleaned out the tb...

still my bike jerks while crusing...WTF!!!!

could it be the kickstand wires? if so where?

what else could it be?

my 08 jerks when im riding at 80 and 90 miles per hour.Any speed over and below that the bike runs fine.I have bmc race air filter,mps air shifter,nx nos system,factory pro velocity stacks,bazzaz fi and bazzaz auto tuner.

i fixed my problem if you have a bazzaz or power commander just unplug it.I unplug my bazzaz and the bike is perfect now.Try that and see what happen.

Back