Bike is acting funny...

casualdreamer

Registered
Sorry, I haven't been on in awhile I am still deployed. I have had my wife charging my bike with the battery tender every weekend since I left. She starts it like every 2 weeks and lets it warm up sort to say. She went to charge it last Saturday and the light went green. Unplugged went to start it and nothing. I called her when she was doing it luckily and she said the bike won't start. I was like what. So I went through the check list. Battery charged "Yes", Bike in neutral "Yes", Gas in bike " Yes". I had here attempt to start it while I was the phone. I tried to turn over and then stopped. She tried again. Same thing.. I am lost and I don't know what to tell her. I can't really ask her to drag the bike to a dealer cause she is kinda alone with our 6 month old daughter and our friends are deployed also. Not to mention she is also in the Marine and never really has time. I was thinking it was the starter maybe. I have done no mods to the bike. Everything is stock. I run Royal Purple oil in her. I had been on about 3 deployments at 6 months stints to where she has had to been stored without starting regularly or a battery tender but never had a problem like this. I came home and charged or bought a new battery and she fired right up. What could this be. I am not going to be home til July of next year and that will be my main mode of transportation til my 2010 F150 SVT Raptor comes in and the end of July plus you kinda gotta get intouch with the mistress because of me leaving her in her enclosed trailer for so long. Any Ideas.. I tried the search but didn't know what could it could be. Is there any military guys that are near the Lejuene area willing to help a Busa brotha out:please::bowdown:. Thanks to all for the support you have given me and the military in the past.

Sgt Williams, Michael
U.S.M.C

sounds like something simple..... quick fix when you get home.

Others will chime in with things for her to check.

Good luck.

Casual Dreamer, I have some friends on Lejeune that may be able to help... PM me your contact info (number and addy) There are a few SNCOs who ride Busas that I will ask to stop in.

MCM

Sorry, I haven't been on in awhile I am still deployed. I have had my wife charging my bike with the battery tender every weekend since I left. She starts it like every 2 weeks and lets it warm up sort to say. She went to charge it last Saturday and the light went green. Unplugged went to start it and nothing. I called her when she was doing it luckily and she said the bike won't start. I was like what. So I went through the check list. Battery charged "Yes", Bike in neutral "Yes", Gas in bike " Yes". I had here attempt to start it while I was the phone. I tried to turn over and then stopped. She tried again. Same thing.. I am lost and I don't know what to tell her. I can't really ask her to drag the bike to a dealer cause she is kinda alone with our 6 month old daughter and our friends are deployed also. Not to mention she is also in the Marine and never really has time. I was thinking it was the starter maybe. I have done no mods to the bike. Everything is stock. I run Royal Purple oil in her. I had been on about 3 deployments at 6 months stints to where she has had to been stored without starting regularly or a battery tender but never had a problem like this. I came home and charged or bought a new battery and she fired right up. What could this be. I am not going to be home til July of next year and that will be my main mode of transportation til my 2010 F150 SVT Raptor comes in and the end of July plus you kinda gotta get intouch with the mistress because of me leaving her in her enclosed trailer for so long. Any Ideas.. I tried the search but didn't know what could it could be. Is there any military guys that are near the Lejuene area willing to help a Busa brotha out:please::bowdown:. Thanks to all for the support you have given me and the military in the past.

Sgt Williams, Michael
U.S.M.C

If the bike somehow got put into gear and the kickstand is down it will not even turn over...check that out with her also...good luck..2hip

Ditto. I was about to say "kill switch" but aussie beat me to it. I've been fooled by this little safety switch more than once in 30+ years of riding.

The stop/kill switch are known to fail for some reason. Never kill the engine that way. Only with the key and you safeguard that possibility.

The only time I use one is when I lean over in traffic at another friend rider on the right of him and hit HIS kill switch! :rofl:

My guess is the battery.
It can still go even if on a Tender.

Batt Voltage.jpg

I'm guessing battery. You need to leave the battery tender on all the time. I think Shawn probably is your best bet. Good luck. :thumbsup:

My guess would be battery also.

Really, if you have a battery tender on it there's no reason to start it. Just follow the winterizing procedure in the manual before being deployed and you'll be good to go when you get back.

Stay safe :beerchug:

My guess would be battery also.

Really, if you have a battery tender on it there's no reason to start it. Just follow the winterizing procedure in the manual before being deployed and you'll be good to go when you get back.

Stay safe :beerchug:
very true, in fact "starting" the motor will result in more issues unless it is allowed to come fully to operating temps and run that way for a bit..

The oil will pick up enough moisture to cause a lot of havoc.. For every gallon of gas burned, a gallon of water goes out the tail pipe.. that same moisture ends up in the crankcase and wont go away unless the oil heats up over 212 to boil it off...

Casual Dreamer, I have some friends on Lejeune that may be able to help... PM me your contact info (number and addy) There are a few SNCOs who ride Busas that I will ask to stop in.

MCM

ill be in Lejeune in the beginning of Dec...

Back