My 06 limited ed busa wont say a word.HELP!

msbusa

Registered
I took it to a big rally in ATL. She ran hot in the midst of the traffic jam. Pushed it to our site. Let her sat overnight. She fired up the next day. Brought her back to Bama rode her for about 30 minutes. She seemed to be reved up kinda. I put her up for 6 days. Went out to start her up and she didn't say a word. No gauge lights or anything came on. She wouldn't jump off. I had the battery charged over night the original battery. Still not a word. The accessory lights cane on but that was all. I brought a brand new battery installed it. NOTHING. Today I replaced the main 30A fuse under the seat and still NOTHING!! Any suggestions? I'm bored and frustrated in Alabama.

Thanks in advance ???

You've covered the basics with new battery and fuse check. Good.

Check the OFF/ON switch on the handlebar. (I've left my on "OFF" by accident before!). Then check the ignition switch: sometimes the ignition can get dirty or corroded and not allow the spring feature to work properly when you twixt the key clockwise. I've squirted WD-40 into the ignition switch on my '06 every few months, and have never had a problem.

These are easy things to check. Sorry I can't be more helpful...

Aside from the on/off switch or side stand switch, I am stumped. Someone will know a trick, and welcome to the board!

Also check the clutch lever relay or sending unit may need a little tapping, this happened to my '09 after I installed new levers.
Oh and :welcome: to the Org.
Ride safe,

What year? Any mods? The experts will chime in shortly I am sure.
Bubba (ex Bama boy)

Check the fuses behind the left side fairing, You will have to remove your fairing, I would definatly check to make sure the kick stand switch is making contact beofre removing the fairing.

Check the fuses behind the left side fairing, You will have to remove your fairing, I would definatly check to make sure the kick stand switch is making contact beofre removing the fairing.

When and if you have the fairing off, inspect the wires that run through there in addition to the fuses. With the overheat happening just days before this, it's possible (though not likely) that you melted through the plastic on a wire or two causing a short. I doubt this is the problem but it can't hurt to check.

Check the clutch safety switch by pulling the two wires off and jumping them with a small piece of wire. then try to start her. If she starts, then that switch is hung up and can be fixed. remove it and clean it.

Last edited:
Check
1) The clutch lever... Stick a small flathead screwdriver between the backing and the tiny plastic twig connection
2) All the fuses under the leftside inner fairing.
3) The starter...

also, might want to research on the boards here for replacing your coolant. engine ice and water wetter are the two popular ones here. I switched to engine ice and have never overheated since :beerchug:

as for the electrical issues... sounds like you have made some progress...do the headlamp/tail lamps work? I would check the voltage along the starting path (starter, batter and everything between) and maybe you can find something there? :beerchug:

I don't think any of the interlocks keep the dash lights from coming on. Good luck with it :beerchug:

Check the easiest problems first, make sure your kick stand switch is OK.

If the bike primes with the key on then I would definitely check the ignition button spring, cut a little bit so that it makes better contact.

Back