Who is on their original battery?

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
I started thinking this weekend about how long my battery has been in my bike... I went and fired Sandra Dee up and she cranked over with no delay even after sitting for a few months with no tender on her.... I got the bike in Oct of 2007 and she still has the original battery... Thats pretty good!

Last edited:
Re: Who is on their original batter?

I got my 08 about the same time as you Cap and I still have the original battery in mine. I keep the tender on mine when pretty much year round

I got my '08 in February 2008 and am still on the original battery. I never have put a tender on it but trickle charge it for a couple hours every two months during the off season.

Got my 06 January 3rd 2007. Still has stock battery. Last 2 years bike has been parked for 4 months with a tender then ridden for 1 months then back on the tender. Last trip home in oct seemed to start a little slower, I'll find out in 13 days if it's time to replace it.

image-2498437734.jpg

:(

image-2498437734.jpg

Wish i Could say the same. Bought my 09 new in 2011 as a left over and only got 13 months out of my battery!!!!

Got my '08 in Oct '08 still have original battery and never put it on a charger .

Also 2008 & original battery.

Works fine, but wondering if I should put a new one in for Year Nine.

I have a spare MotoBatt sitting here just in case I need one.

I'm still on the original battery in my 04LE busa and 06 14. Went without a tender on the busa the first 2 winters, but thought it be best to keep it on a tender for maximum life....and man its lasting, cranks great and runs an alarm all night if needed. I got the 14 9 months old with 1600 miles, don't know how the battery was treated before me, but its been on a tender ever since, and it also cranks great and runs an alarm just fine. I've also heard of guys going longer than me with tenders :laugh:
I think if you treat the factory batteries (or any good lead acid battery) right by keeping them on a tender when not in use, they'll last a good long time :thumbsup:

Mine went after 11 months should have put a battery tender on it.

What make do you get as standard on new Busa's there in the US, here in the UK we get a Yuasa fitted.

I'm sure I read you get a different make over there. But then I could have just dreamt it, which is much more likely.

My 08 is still on original and started on the button after 3 months no worries :)
Have heard some alarm systems draw to much if no stealth mode?

I'm still on the original battery on my 08. Bought the bike in sept 08. It's been on a battery tender for about a month last year when it got real cold but other than that it is fine. I will end up switching it out this summer for a lighter battery.

In the 08 its still original, in the winter i start the bike every now and then,no after market electronics added,prob. why it starts strong every timeand never used a tender on it now on the 07 with all the options it cant sit for more than 1-1//2 weeks without me having to pull it and put it on the tender(no power in my garage).Looked to see if there were any shorts ,didnt find a one, when i get it back together im going to check to make sure shes charging correctly

Im on mine still however it needs the battery tender. When I have to leave it outside and it gets cold, the battery weakens.

Back