bike cover

hemi

Registered
anyone know of a nice cover for the 08 hayabusa that fits the bike like a glove, and is actually meant for the bike? Bought one from my local motorcycle shop a while ago, which does the job, but doesn't really fit too well. Lookin for a nice cover actually meant for the hayabusa, thought oneida had some, but did a search on their site and came up empty

The Suzuki ones are real nice. Been looking for a used one for quite some time now. New they are just too much money. :(

Sent from my HTC EVO 4g using Tapatalk.

bike barn have a googe for these m8 . there great dont touch the bike so no need to worry about hot exhausts etc and they dont rub on the paintwork

I'm a Geza guy. Pearl lives in a garage and is covered during extended periods of non use & when I commute to work and park behind the restaurant. Fit and material are top notch on these things.
She never sees rain on purpose so, my cover needs are/may be different from yours.
I use mine to keep the sun and dust off. The Geza is water repellent but by no means water proof. Great for trailering also. This is my third Geza cover and have had great fortune and experience with all of them. Hope this helps you out.

I have the Suzuki one with the Kanji on the sides. I have a gen. 1 and the cover fits very nicely.

BMW5

Dowco, I've used them for years on several bikes. Solid black(and other colors) fits perfect, I never strap the bottom and it never moves, even in high wind. They have a small pocket near the tie strap for an alarm too. They last for many years and are right around $100.

I bought a Dowco for my Duc and it worked great but I'm a guessing it won't fit my new Busa though. I'll have to have my wife check it out and see so at least have a spare for traveling.

I think I'll pony up for a new Suzuki one though as they look nice.

If you are storing indoors for winter, you want something of a soft, absorbent fabric that will tend to breath as well as possible. Water resistant is not even desirable if you winter the bike inside.

I have a Dowco dustcover, size extra large ($40)and it is too big but useable. Large is probably about the right size. The small does not even fit over a 600 very well. A queen sized fitted bed sheet might be just right to protect your busa from dust and perhaps cheaper. I find that even a loose fitting bed sheet hinders condensation from evaporating. There are merits to leaving the bike uncovered if the air temps change and you see sweat forming on the gas tank.

I did a great deal of thinking and got numerous recommendations before buying an outdoor cover. You must consider the reasons you are covering your bike. A Geeza would be my first choice for protection because they fit perfectly. Unfortunately, they look so cool and are so expensive, I feel that they encourage theft. Personally, I would be nervous leaving one of those on my bike in a parking lot even iif the cover was locked with a cable as Geeza shows in some of their promos. Geeza is a great company though and they make an outstanding product. Just not a good theft deterent IMHO.

For outdoor protection, I wanted something that would fit well and conceal the bike so I went with a Dowco Guardian Weatherall Plus Cover. Dowco Guardian Weatherall Plus Cover - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore Order the sportbike model( all black); not the Black and Grey. The Sportbike size fits the busa snug but not too tight. It has a soft inside to prevent scuffing and the tail and windscreen portions have an extra soft liner. The elastic bottom can be positioned above the pipes if you have stockers. I have not had any trouble with the inside of the cover burning on pipes but My aftermarket muffler cools down within minutes. there is a D-ring and nylon strap that can be pulled under the bike and fastened to tighten down and prevent the cover from blowing away.

My only complaint is that this cover is very bulky. Not something I enjoy carrying with me on a daily basis------but I usually do if the bike is going to sit outside for more than 30 minutes.

Last edited:
Here it is on my ZX-14
P1040775.jpg

P1040776.jpg

P1040777.jpg

P10407741.jpg

Brakebleeding010.jpg

Last edited:
I have a Dowco dustcover, size extra large ($40)and it is too big but useable. Large is probably about the right size. The small does not even fit over a 600 very well. ..........
Corrections: The size Dowco dust cover I am using is XXL and it is a bit too big. I also have a size L and it is too small. That is the one that barely fit on a 600. Size XL is probably a good size for a busa.

The OEM Hayabusa Cover is the best!!

NEW GENUINE SUZUKI OEM HAYABUSA COVER BUSA GSX1300R - eBay (item 400150310513 end time Dec-31-10 06:flamethrowing::14 PST)

Nice. Covers the whole bike to the ground. It does announce to the world there is a Hayabusa under there (if you don't mind everyone knowing). Looks a bit lose fitting, perhaps? Does it have a scratch resistant inside? does it have heat resistant exhaust sections? Does it stay on the bike in windy conditions?

If you want a cover to trailor the bike, the only thing that I would use is a Geeza..that or nothing.

Last edited:
I bought three bikebandit covers (for dust only) last year for less than $20 each. Just enough to keep the dust off in the garage....

I can do $94.99 shipped in the US on OEM Suzuki covers....

watermark.php

Last edited:
Back