Had the left cover off today

Well, it's -13 F here. The motor is safely sealed off with a plastic sheet and masking tape. I'm hesitant to apply the engine sealant at the engine case seam where it is recommended. I doubt it will set properly and then i will worry about loose chunks of sealant contaminating the motor.

Only thing I can think is to apply a spot of sealant to the gasket instead of the engine and let it set up in the house. Any thoughts?

If you are gonna use sealant (I don't remember doing that, but I may have), it's not gonna work until you get the parts up to a better temp). put your bike in the house.

If you are gonna use sealant (I don't remember doing that, but I may have), it's not gonna work until you get the parts up to a better temp). put your bike in the house.

:laugh: I just cant see getting that thing in here without anyone else finding out. I think the landlord would evict me on the spot. since they don't allow water beds, i imagine he frowns on motor vehicles as well!

I may try something else. A couple of heating pads placed under the motor and a blanket over the bike. Tape a thermometer to the engine case. If we get a 40 degree day that might just do it. Otherwise, I may just dab a spot on the outside of the motor when the weather warms up.

I would love to get the bike in the house though. This is about as close as it gets, unfortunately.
busaUSBdZFi3.jpg

Here we go. This should cover just about anything a person might encounter while replacing the stator cover.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=180319

Thanks to skydivr , BigE and MLSDUKE! for the advice.

Yeah, Torque those screws....I didn't go full torque because I was afraid of stretching the aluminum threads or the hex hole in the screw heads. Red locktighted them all on the inside of the cover though. A day later, they sure felt like they were in there to stay. Guess we'll see.:confused::confused::dunno::please:

Back