Stator cover replacement

I think I'm gonna have to take it off and redo that pipe. On closer look it seems to be slightly rubbing the oil cooler. This sucks. Can I buy a extended bracket for the oil cooler ?. Mine seems to be tilted backwards a little. Ill take a photo once I have the fairings off.
Header wrap or.....
There is no plug and play extender that I know of,I've looked. So,when I mounted the header for a past Busa (HMF) the clearance was tight. I just swung the rad and oil cooler out together,away from header.Made a mount. Nothing magical,part #5 just needs to be a pinch longer.
cooler fix.png

Rubb.

I think I'm gonna have to take it off and redo that pipe. On closer look it seems to be slightly rubbing the oil cooler. This sucks. Can I buy a extended bracket for the oil cooler ?. Mine seems to be tilted backwards a little. Ill take a photo once I have the fairings off.
You could ask a Tsukigi supplier if they have an extended bracket. You could make one out of bent aluminum too. That's all Tsukigid did is bend a strap of 1/8" aluminum. Heat it up and bend it with a sheet metal pliers. The metal will bend without fatigue for about 20 minutes even after it cools down. Otherwise, you might try going with longer bolts and make some shims to push the stock oil cooler bracket forward a bit.

That's the one I got. Black. Fortunately, I watch that kickstand very VERY closely now and the bike hasn't dropped since. Sometimes you need a hard lesson more than once before you learn.

Rubb, somehow, lady luck was watching over us.. screen shattered and a 1/4" mark on the mirror, which folded back up and that's it.
I guess carpeting the garage wasn't such a silly idea.
Did discover, she's carraying some weight lifting her off the ground.
Got off easy. I was expecting stator cover damage,lever,bar end,fairing,etc.
Yes,they are a heavy beotch.
Rubb.

@ZeePopo @Dennis is questioning the accuracy of pick up point for ignition timing. When swapping out covers the componants are transfered from old cover to new. If the casting for the covers is not exact ignition timing can/may have been altered.
Rubb.

View attachment 1624535
Yep. More specifically, if the location of the sensor mounting machining relative to the dowels your timing will be off. This is why I only use OEM stator covers.

Rubb, somehow, lady luck was watching over us.. screen shattered and a 1/4" mark on the mirror, which folded back up and that's it.
I guess carpeting the garage wasn't such a silly idea.
Did discover, she's carraying some weight lifting her off the ground.
Hey Bro, did you want me to send you a spare oem mirror?. I’ll double check when I get home to see it but it’s yours if you want.

Hey Bro, did you want me to send you a spare oem mirror?. I’ll double check when I get home to see it but it’s yours if you want.

Thanks mate, nah all good. I swapped over to the gsxr1k mirrors a while ago. I reckon that's what saved the nose cone. The mirror folded back up rather than snapping.
Thanks heaps tho for the offer - very much apprecated.

Back