Looking for a seat cover for an older bike!

EarlyBird

Donating Member
Registered
Hey Guys:

I have looked on google for a seat cover for my g/f's Seca II 600. I have found only a few options ranging from $70-$100 just for the seat cover. I think that is pretty pricey just to cover the old broken seat cover. If I could just get some weather proof vinyl material to make my own seat cover... that is cheap, but good quality.. Ill cover it myself! I havent looked local for material or at any shops that do that kind of work. I am looking for other options.... or any ideas from anyone would help...

Thanks guys!

$65 dollars plus 11 dollars to ship! Cheapest I have found so far.... just seems pricey!

The bike is a 94 yamaha seca II 600

Some pics of the bike! I restored almost everything on it.... no perfect! But the seat is my last thing I am trying to get done before the weather gets better!

P1010003 2.jpg

P1010002 2.jpg

I would suggest going to a auto body shop or custom car shop and asking them to buy some vinyl or whatever. I'm sure they would have something that would work. I have a guy here local that recovers seats, but they aren't cheap. Look good and very comfortable, but expensive.

Mr. Brown..... same brick wall I ran into! Tons of parts, part nothing much for covering a seat! Thanks man for helping out!:thumbsup:

I would suggest going to a auto body shop or custom car shop and asking them to buy some vinyl or whatever. I'm sure they would have something that would work. I have a guy here local that recovers seats, but they aren't cheap. Look good and very comfortable, but expensive.

My next move! :thumbsup:

She whats it black to off set the white! The whole bike was the color of the frame.....Yuck! White was picked to make her more visible and because I had it here at the house. I also painted the wheels black...from bare aluminum! I was trying to make the bike look cool for her, but not girled out! She agreed with that! :beerchug:

She whats it black to off set the white! The whole bike was the color of the frame.....Yuck! White was picked to make her more visible and because I had it here at the house. I also painted the wheels black...from bare aluminum! I was trying to make the bike look cool for her, but not girled out! She agreed with that! :beerchug:
You hit the target! I was thinking the seat would look good white with blue (same as frame) piping, but that's just me....

Black seat with white piping would look great too! Only issue I have with white seats is that they show dirt after a lot of use!

Try Ray Gollans Honda Suzuki they have a ton of older bike parts in stock and may have the cover. Their number is 330-369-3700 or you can take the seat to car upholstery shop and they'll make a new cover or you can take the seat cover off take the rivets or staples out and use the old seat cover as a templte to measure how much material you need and buy it online or at a fabric shop.

Try Ray Gollans Honda Suzuki they have a ton of older bike parts in stock and may have the cover. Their number is 330-369-3700 or you can take the seat to car upholstery shop and they'll make a new cover or you can take the seat cover off take the rivets or staples out and use the old seat cover as a templte to measure how much material you need and buy it online or at a fabric shop.

:thumbsup:

I had a seat cover made here in aus for exactly the same bike, my father used to ride one. cost me 150 aud. I think that it is worth the money to have things done right jm2c:thumbsup:

Back