Biitch is insane

You're not hurting my feelings, but I do find it funny that of all the replies to this, YOURS is the longest! LOL You've fallen victim to exactly that which you deplor[/QUOTE]

Not really sure what you mean here... A long response=victimization via mass media BS how?
smile.gif

No hard feelings, I just often wonder why your "the news is worthless, why watch it" diatribe pops up every now and again...[/QUOTE]

Simple, trying in a vain attempt to at least SOMETIMES get SOMEONE to think outside their carefully constructed, USDA approved, FDA monitored, DOT recommended, box of thought, habit, and/or mental complacency. NOT to change anyones lives, not to just be a pain in the A$$. But for just second, maybe having someone consider an alternative.

For me, and this is just me, it's worth a minute in my day to recall what those 5 kids must have gone through and to hate with every ounce of my being what that mother did...it's not about the press for me, not the media attention, the circus...it's about those 5 kids, and about a long list of stories that I do know about over the last years because of this wonderful media we're all enjoying right now - Internet...[/QUOTE]

I understand what you're saying here but I do have to ask why you would subject yourself to those emotions, to that hatred, those feelings of anger and rage? Why?

I truly am playing the role of devils advocate here but why would you WANT this information in your head? It's not going to do any good for anybody. You're not going to sleep better because of it you know what I mean? I am empathetic, I understand the way emotions work (sometimes).

I just don't see any benefit to carrying around in my head tragedy that isn't mine.

Not trying to make anyone feel bad, just pointing out the fact that 20 years ago this would have probably been in a couple of local papers as it should have been. Maybe made news in that town. But it would have stopped there.

NOW, the media hypes the hell out of this sorta thing and you along with most of America gets their heart strings plucked at (Nothing Wrong with that) by a the fuggin networks trying to make a buck. NOTHING MORE... It's gross, It's not news, it's just Drama, it's a way of capturing attention, keeping the readership or viewers tuned in.

Certainly there is nothing WRONG with caring, that's not my point. My point is that your emotions are being played with, your tenderness and compassion being USED. It's messed up, it's hype, it's drama, IT'S MARKETING!!!

So not to pick, not to hurt feelings, but just trying to get people to THINK ABOUT what is said and what is written, to really look behind the motivations, to understand that in a consumer driven society that you are being SOLD and MARKETED to 24/7 so what is being reported as "NEWS" isn't news at all, but mostly an attempt to capture and hold attention, and make lots and lots of money.
I have a question for you Revlis...
You say Marketing and making money by the Media are a bad thing...
How is that any different than what you at work each day...
As an Illustrator, your whole existance deals with Marketing a product...
I understand you work at a Bike shop...
Your lucky in that way...
You get to something that you enjoy doing , are skilled at, and you get paid for it...
Marketing, promoting and selling bikes...
So what's the difference in what you do and what the Media does...
You both promote, and market an end product...
Right...

David
Exactly my point and why the HYPE and BS in America over tragedies makes me so mad... I can recognize the marketing...

5 random kids?  

Not only random, but also, and most important, pure and innocent...
Those kids looked to her for protection and for a Mothers love...
And look what the POS did to them...
It was proven in both trials that she had to run the older Boy down after he saw her drown the 1st 2...
Friggin POS knew what she was doing the whole time...
Sorry, but this really bothers me...
My kids are my life...
I cannot ever see harming them in any way...

David
My comment about "random kids" was completely sarcastic...I don't think of them as random kids, but when people would rather just not know about 'em, think that by others giving 'em a second thought that we're all lemmings victim to media hype, well, I figure that's how some view them...just some other kids that were killed by their parents...

WWJD - the effect on my life personally is just having compassion for 5 little lives that were snuffed out by the person they trusted the most, nothing more...

Rev - can't really answer your question about how I've let something like this affect my life other than saying I truly believe it's a difference in how parents feel vs. those that don't have children...

I don't consider it any waste of my time knowing the story of this tragedy; I don't live, eat and breath it, but I do know what happened, the kids names, how they died, what's happened to Mom since then...there's nothing wrong with being in the know and feeling compassion for them...nothing at all...it's no different to me than watching stories of the Holocaust on the History Channel and feeling anguish for what happened to so many, or watching the story of conjoined twins and their surgery to separate and hopefully live normal lives on TLC.  I don't consider that media hype; I consider it stepping outside of your normal every day world and knowing that there are always things going on that don't revolve around you...it's called being human...

...for parents, I think it hits home even more when kids are hurt or killed...

You're not hurting my feelings, but I do find it funny that of all the replies to this, YOURS is the longest!  LOL  You've fallen victim to exactly that which you deplor

Not really sure what you mean here... A long response=victimization via mass media BS how?  
smile.gif
[/QUOTE]
I find it funny that you hate the media hype so much, yet you try so hard to express why you hate the media hype
laugh.gif

Kind of like us all sitting here talking about the color blue and you hate blue, so you feel compelled to tell us red is better
ices_rofl.gif

You're not hurting my feelings, but I do find it funny that of all the replies to this, YOURS is the longest! LOL You've fallen victim to exactly that which you deplor

smile.gif
I find it funny that you hate the media hype so much, yet you try so hard to express why you hate the media hype
laugh.gif

Kind of like us all sitting here talking about the color blue and you hate blue, so you feel compelled to tell us red is better
ices_rofl.gif
[/QUOTE]
UM...No, Not really... No. I don't think I've tried hard, I think I've made my point, You don't get it, you don't understand what I'm talking about.

No worries.

mad.gif
I HATE **** LIKE THAT. Now days these f***ers want to study people like this. She needs to be put down. Plain and simple.

The really sad part about it is that the freaking 'normal people' like you and me,who have absolutely no tolorence for B/S excuses that her or some lame azz lawyer come up with,but somehow the liberal m/Fing pcs of crap,somehow outwin the system!
Our whole justice system,gobment,is corrupt and we the people who cant stand for it anymore,cant do a freaking thing about it.
what about those poor little kids when they were crying their eyes out as they were gasping for a breath of air........
All's you would have to do,is read off the charges to me,and the bullet would already be 'imbedded' in her head....
I'm done now,cause it just makes me sick to my stomach!!!!!

Nothing frustrates me more than someone who hurts kids. It is obvious she is crazy. She needs to be put to death.

mad.gif
I HATE **** LIKE THAT. Now days these f***ers want to study people like this. She needs to be put down. Plain and simple.
Yeah it's messed up, but the system is in place to allow this stuff to happen. Until there is an overhaul this kind of thing will continue. The system isn't about justice anymore... Plain and simple.

mad.gif
Yeah it's messed up, but the system is in place to allow this stuff to happen.  Until there is an overhaul this kind of thing will continue.  The system isn't about justice anymore...  Plain and simple.
Your right about that...
The problem is that we have long ago lost control and I'm not so sure we will ever get it back...
It's a system built by Lawyers, for Lawyers...
And we are somewhere below that...
Working to support a system that no longer have a say in...

David

<!--EDIT|Devious
Reason for Edit: None given...|1153957021 -->

Not trying to make anyone feel bad, just pointing out the fact that 20 years ago this would have probably been in a couple of local papers as it should have been. Maybe made news in that town. But it would have stopped there.

NOW, the media hypes the hell out of this sorta thing and you along with most of America gets their heart strings plucked at (Nothing Wrong with that) by a the fuggin networks trying to make a buck. NOTHING MORE... It's gross, It's not news, it's just Drama, it's a way of capturing attention, keeping the readership or viewers tuned in.

Certainly there is nothing WRONG with caring, that's not my point. My point is that your emotions are being played with, your tenderness and compassion being USED. It's messed up, it's hype, it's drama, IT'S MARKETING!!!

So not to pick, not to hurt feelings, but just trying to get people to THINK ABOUT what is said and what is written, to really look behind the motivations, to understand that in a consumer driven society that you are being SOLD and MARKETED to 24/7 so what is being reported as "NEWS" isn't news at all, but mostly an attempt to capture and hold attention, and make lots and lots of money.
You get to do something that you enjoy doing , are skilled at, and you get paid for it...
Right...

David
OH and One more BIG difference. I market "Cool Bikes, Fun Toys and things that people want so they can go have more fun."

I don't preach fear, I don't tell lies, I don't profit or benefit by creating drama. I don't come into your houses and rattle off hellish headlines while the theme music plays and the tag lines are read.

I don't focus on the soft minded, or make you feel bad for wanting to turn off the TV.

It's still pimping for the man though like you said, only I pimp trivial entertainments and fun. Not the horrors of a murderous b!tch.

Not trying to make anyone feel bad, just pointing out the fact that 20 years ago this would have probably been in a couple of local papers as it should have been.  Maybe made news in that town.  But it would have stopped there.

NOW, the media hypes the hell out of this sorta thing and you along with most of America gets their heart strings plucked at (Nothing Wrong with that) by a the fuggin networks trying to make a buck.  NOTHING MORE...  It's gross, It's not news, it's just Drama, it's a way of capturing attention, keeping the readership or viewers tuned in.    

Certainly there is nothing WRONG with caring, that's not my point.  My point is that your emotions are being played with, your tenderness and compassion being USED.  It's messed up, it's hype, it's drama, IT'S MARKETING!!!  

You get to do something that you enjoy doing , are skilled at, and you get paid for it...
Right...

David
OH and One more BIG difference.  I market "Cool Bikes, Fun Toys and things that people want so they can go have more fun."

I don't preach fear, I don't tell lies, I don't profit or benefit by creating drama.  I don't come into your houses and rattle off hellish headlines while the theme music plays and the tag lines are read.

I don't focus on the soft minded, or make you feel bad for wanting to turn off the TV.  

It's still pimping for the man though like you said, only I pimp trivial entertainments and fun.  Not the horrors of a murderous b!tch.
No doubt, I would rather listen to your hype and buy into your product than theirs...
Lot more fun...

David

mad.gif
Yeah it's messed up, but the system is in place to allow this stuff to happen. Until there is an overhaul this kind of thing will continue. The system isn't about justice anymore... Plain and simple.
Your right about that...
The problem is that we have long ago lost control and I'm not we will ever get it back...
It's a system built by Lawyers, for Lawyers...
And we are somewhere below that...
Working to support a system that no longer have a say in...

David
It's frustrating and for the life of me I cannot see ANYWAY to fix it... I cannot even begin to...

New Politicians, Sheesh I dunno. Might take TEOTWAWKI to fix this.

THE WORST PART!!! Is the fact that I have "An Attorney"... I know one, I feel I have too... Because the system has gotten so outta whack. I'm insured to the hilt and I have an attorney on speed dial to protect myself from that which can REALLY effect my life. The Crack Head breaking in my door late at night isn't even scary anymore, it's the lawsuits flying around that scare me.

Sheesh I need a beer....

Rev, you ARE taking steps to correct the system, merely by pointing out that things happen that people take for granted daily as 'normal', that are NOT normal nor healthy. THAT, my friend, IS stepping up to make a difference. Bravo! Or you could stick head in sand and ignore everyone's blind subjegation to the media and not CARE about them or what they are being fed. Apparently you care enough to say something and risk ridecule.
Mybe I'll start bumper stickers:

NEWS FREE SINCE 2003!

Va, while I agree the death of children is a tragic loss, the fact that it happened somewhere far away from me on the planet is not my concern. I >SHOULD< be concerned for my next door neighbor, my family, my freinds, and people who's lives I can directly contribute to on a daily basis - perhaps I can prevent my next door neighbor from killing her children by being a friend, acknowledging her important existance, LISTENING to her, loving her as she is. For all the news knows, there could have been a murder right down the street but there wasn't time to cover that one. However it is JUST as important as a life was lost, and even MORE important because is it in my backyard. Sadly, I don't even KNOW my neighbors - apartments tend to cycle younger tenants quickly and my friend-group is elsewhere... still, it's sad on me

I grew tired of MEDIA attempting [and failing I might add] to tell me what is important, what I need to know and what I don't.

I'm not trying to change your mind Va, just tossing out ideas... cuz you KNOW how I enjoy deep debates with all you different people.
smile.gif

I don't "hate" the woman who was either so mixed up mentally or chemically she murdered her offspring... no, I feel great sorrow for her loss and the problems that drove her there. I wish I could have done something.. but you know what? I can't. I never lived next to her, supported her, befriended her and her family... so now the news makes me feel bad that I couldn't support my fellow humans.

NEWS: 80% negative. You are what you eat. Think about water fountain conversations: "... you hear about that BAD thing that happened? Yeah, that was terrible!" people reiterate the news. bad bad bad.

We need more constant POSITIVE, in yer face influences on this planet
smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif
 You know what is really cool, what puts a big smile on my face and makes me happy that I do NOT listen to or watch fuggin network news???

1.  I have no idea who Anrdea Yates is.

2. I don't give a crap, and I don't have too.  The media hasn't had the opportunity to try to get me to care, I haven't been subjected to the hype and circus.    

So I can assume she killed her kids?  OK, fine but you know what?  It's not really news, it's not really something that impacts America as a whole.  It's not critical to my survival or that of my loved ones and friends.  So, you know what it is?  Hype, plain and simple hype and BS, placed there for ratings.  So basically the media is feeding on the corpses of these children to increase ratings and make some fat-A$$ rich sack a crap even more wealthy...   Yippa!!!  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Keep tuning in, I am certain something of value will be along in just a few more years.  

Dead kids, always very sad, but what's worse is turning that tragedy into fuggin circus peanuts.
And as Rev's runningmate in the 2008 Presidential election... I must agree. It's funny how this country has made it imperative to make money off of other people's misfortunes. So now we must wonder who's going to direct the movie?
rock.gif
Really and truly sad and all my prayers go out for the kids.

laugh.gif

Back