Sugar in the gas tank?

Casperle

Registered
Has anyone ever saw a motor with a sugared tank fail personally? I know, I searched the internet and found it is a myth. But I also found out you can drop a penny in your carb. and it will not damage you engine..I am not going to sugar any tanks I am the sugareee I believe possibly.

1262346823741.jpg

i hope ur talkin about sugar in our cars tank not ur busa cause they would have a key to ur bike kind of hard

In high school I tore down an engine that had been sugared. The piston seized in the cylinder causing the connecting rod to break and go thru the block. Sugar turns into glue inside the cylinders, nasty stuff. The guy that brought it in said his girl friend or exwife said she did it but he didn't think it would hurt. The sugar looks like it starts to gunk up around the rings and harden kind of like making hard candy. But that was a long time ago and I doubt it make it thru modern injectors.

Its gotta hurt something, fuel filter or injectors at the least.

A friends dad told me that he once put a penny under a guys hub cap(old school one, dog dish style). They guy paid alot to try and figure out what the noise was. At least thats what he told my friend and i when we were 15.

I own a salvage yard an we tried it on a junk vehicle. There was no immediate damage it still ran fine but after a month of sitting around it actually seized the engine.

In high school I tore down an engine that had been sugared. The piston seized in the cylinder causing the connecting rod to break and go thru the block. Sugar turns into glue inside the cylinders, nasty stuff. The guy that brought it in said his girl friend or exwife said she did it but he didn't think it would hurt. The sugar looks like it starts to gunk up around the rings and harden kind of like making hard candy. But that was a long time ago and I doubt it make it thru modern injectors.

Well, hears what happened. I have a 65 Mustang, thats been in other threads on here. Thought I d take it to dinner at my folks. I drive it 5 miles maybe and it sounded fine when I shut it off. no knocking or anything. Mom and dad both heard me pull it cause the screen door was open and they both said it sounded normal. Ate diner 1 hour later, Hit the starter and starter kick in and stalled againest flywheel. I thought the started crapped out at first but it sounded weird you could tell it was trying. Got a bar and its locked tight cant rock it in the slightest. Ive worked at a Ford dealer for 10 years chevy before that and cleaned out 2 suger tanks that were not run since they left the fuel door open and it was seen in time.so Ive have no experiance with a successful sugar job.

Well, hears what happened. I have a 65 Mustang, thats been in other threads on here. Thought I d take it to dinner at my folks. I drive it 5 miles maybe and it sounded fine when I shut it off. no knocking or anything. Mom and dad both heard me pull it cause the screen door was open and they both said it sounded normal. Ate diner 1 hour later, Hit the starter and starter kick in and stalled againest flywheel. I thought the started crapped out at first but it sounded weird you could tell it was trying. Got a bar and its locked tight cant rock it in the slightest. Ive worked at a Ford dealer for 10 years chevy before that and cleaned out 2 suger tanks that were not run since they left the fuel door open and it was seen in time.so Ive have no experiance with a successful sugar job.

Sounds like you are a much more experanced mechanic than I am so I don't wan't to sound like I am trying to tell my grandmother to suck eggs. That being said you might try removing the spark plugs and soaking the cylinders with Marvel Mystery Oil let it set for a day then try rocking it back and forth with a breakover bar on the crank. In highschool I had a 66 convertable, it came with a 2brl 289. I found a 289 hi po in a junk yard that had set for a year or so. When I put it in it smoked a little I used the mystery oil to free up the oil rings and no more smoke. Just read your last post please dissregard this post.

Last edited:
A friends dad told me that he once put a penny under a guys hub cap(old school one, dog dish style). They guy paid alot to try and figure out what the noise was. At least thats what he told my friend and i when we were 15.

Thread Jack

I had a Lug Nut fall off my wheel and inside my Hub Cap when I was 16, Couldnt figure out the noise, Took it to a Muffler place who told me for $300 they could fix the problem, When I got home that evening I rolled the car really slow up and down the driveway and figured it out, Went back to the Muffler shop the next day and wanted an explanation, Got the runaround so I started telling the story to the customers in the waiting room , I Was Asked To Leave.

Thread Jack

I had a Lug Nut fall off my wheel and inside my Hub Cap when I was 16, Couldnt figure out the noise, Took it to a Muffler place who told me for $300 they could fix the problem, When I got home that evening I rolled the car really slow up and down the driveway and figured it out, Went back to the Muffler shop the next day and wanted an explanation, Got the runaround so I started telling the story to the customers in the waiting room , I Was Asked To Leave.

lol...nice! :thumbsup:

Thread jack part 2: A large ziptie zipped around a trucks driveshaft without trimming the end will generate an interesting noise, and sugar dusted on fresh concrete will prevent it from setting up.......indefinitely. Just fun facts to annoy your friends and neighbors with!

Back