Better for landspeed: G1 or G2

Aero wise I've heard its pretty much a wash. Of course the 2nd gen puts out a little more power stock for stock. But if you wanna go turbo or nitrous the 1st gens the bike to use. The 2nd gens higher compression, TI valves, and softer valve springs hold it back when it comes to boost or gas. The 1st gen thrives on the stuff :thumbsup:

???????????????????????
don't tell this to my 1507 14.2:1 compresssion 9# boost bike

txmile stock with pipe and pc3 gen1 190mph
gen2 198.5
you do the math
Doing the math - well it's horsepower and torque given to the GenII.

Hey, JC! Last time I heard your voice you were yelling at garage mates ordering pizza or something! :laugh: How ya been?!

Hows about fitting the GenII 2mm crank into the GenI,,, will it go?

Last edited:
when comparing the gen1 and gen2 power potentials I would like to see some info on block strength and cylinder head comparisons. compression and valves/valvesprings are generaly easy to change.

Sounds like that would be a good article........rotts4u..... :whistle:

Thanks for all the great info in the past.... :beerchug: :laugh:

I wish I could get a mag interested. I had a bike and a tunnel lined up before the bike even hit the showroom but the mags all said no thanks. I think the Suzuki info already told them it was not enough difference to bother.

I wish I could get a mag interested. I had a bike and a tunnel lined up before the bike even hit the showroom but the mags all said no thanks. I think the Suzuki info already told them it was not enough difference to bother.

Maybe you can talk them into a new 600 or 1K comparison (since most are all new) and sneak a couple BUSA's in the test... :whistle:

If the price was right, I'd love to test mine but I know the cost is crazy to use a tunnel... :(

Either way, both generations are freaking fast.

Aerodynamics on second Gen are focused on getting a little more stock-top speed offering less protection against wind (still being great).

¡Rev It!

Either way, both generations are freaking fast.

Aerodynamics on second Gen are focused on getting a little more stock-top speed offering less protection against wind (still being great)

Good to hear from an over-seas Brother! :welcome:

at a 60% pull it is at 292.
I hit a snag at anything over 65% but I have a fix on the way
I am guessing about 350 at 9# and 420 @ 14#

Gen II feels better aerowise than a Gen I. My stock de-restricted Gen I ran about 180ish in the Dirt Mile. My Stock de-restricted Gen II ran about 186ish in the Dirt Mile.

Both GenI and GenII bikes have CdA Measurements of around 3.5 ft^2, but because you never just measure the bike (must include the rider) this number is highly variable unless you use the same rider and tuck technique for the measurment, and I haven't seen back to back numbers done with same rider.

I am not aware of a stock motored GenI breaking 200 anywere, but at Loring last year, every single stock motored GenII that showed up(stock motored defined as just a pipe, dyno tune, and gearing) broke 200.

I don't think either would do 200 stock even with speed limiters disabled. The gen1 that made it in before the "gentleman's agreement" might do 200 indicated but we all know how accurate that is.

It would be interesting to know what a stock G2 would do flat out with speed limiter disabled by a Speedohealer. Someone around here must have done it by now. I'm planning to use my busa (G1 or G2??) as a landspeed bike so I'm first looking at which is fastest stock. The compression issue mentioned above is a good example of newer not necessarily being better.

Mythos

A speedohealer will not disable the speed limiter, its purpose is to correct the speedometer error.:beerchug:

Nice Johnny I will be riding a turbo for the first time in my life this year. Should be awesome. Only 350 but it gets there pretty quick. Drag bike.

Back