Gen 2 engine or Bore kit?

Str8 Edge

Registered
So I was wondering what's the easiest and most reliable way to reach 200 crank hp on a gen 1 Hayabusa...and engine swap with a gen 2 was the first thing that came to mind,but a friend mechanic told me its way easier to just get a 1441 kit for the gen 1 motor.I intend no drag racing or w/e and reliability is my main concern since I am using the busa as a daily riding vehicle.What should I do?
To the "buy a gen 2" responders...they go at least 4-5k euros more than gen 1 in my country.

1441s have been known to be reliable....

If I were you and the cost of getting an modding a gen 2 is out of the question, modding your gen 1 into a 1441 would be the way to go as long as you can keep the build cost reasonable (which we all know is never the case).

You can easily get a gen 2 well into the 200 crank hp range though as they are 197 stock.

bee?

sorry but a big bore cost wil be in summ at minimum around 2500 euro (or lots more if u install another crankshaft+rods for more/longer piston way in the cyls.) - thats not that cheap i would say.

the cheapest way to get the feeling of more (200) hps is to use a 1 tooth smaller front sprocket or much better a bigger rear sprocket (+ 3 teeth)

With every bike I get, I top it out a few times with stock gearing, then I switch to a -1 front, and/or a +2 or +3 rear, to get the extra acceleration out of it.
Of course top speed is lower, but they top out quicker, and on 1k's and Busas, they still have around175mph in them when geared lower.

bee?

sorry but a big bore cost wil be in summ at minimum around 2500 euro (or lots more if u install another crankshaft+rods for more/longer piston way in the cyls.) - thats not that cheap i would say.

the cheapest way to get the feeling of more (200) hps is to use a 1 tooth smaller front sprocket or much better a bigger rear sprocket (+ 3 teeth)
Frank you will note I mentioned it can be costly to go the 1441 route.

A 1441 requires a gen 2 crank and bigger pistons.... I’d build a 1397 (only needs the bigger pistons, no need to split the cases and all the extra stuff that comes with going 1441 so its cheaper).

And then put a 60 shot on it when it was time to go faster

Clutch, gearing, all that should be considered too since u gonna race it. Gear it for 5gears at the track so u still have 6th gear when u get on the freeway

Back