Better cams combination for gen3?

Did some other person noticed that CM in the last minutes of the video of the Carbon Smith stacks he mentioned that he may have an inside scoop about Cams? He mentioned that when the Cams come out then the Gen 3 will reach the numbers we all want with any stacks combination so when do you think the date will be and what company do you think will be the one who bring them up?

I saw it, and supposedly within a couple months of that video, so soon.

The Gen 3 cams are very short duration, to short to even use for supercharger application. I struggled to make 300 whp with my new supercharger conversion. I then fitted Yoshi st2 I had lying around and made 380. I'm now rebuilding with gen2 as they made a huge amount more midrange torque and not a lot less top end. One thing that is apparent is that the stock ecu throws in a lot of ignition advance, from what I have seen on Woolich's programme. Far more than the gen 2. this obviously to improve emission's. So be careful.

The Gen 3 cams are very short duration, to short to even use for supercharger application. I struggled to make 300 whp with my new supercharger conversion. I then fitted Yoshi st2 I had lying around and made 380. I'm now rebuilding with gen2 as they made a huge amount more midrange torque and not a lot less top end. One thing that is apparent is that the stock ecu throws in a lot of ignition advance, from what I have seen on Woolich's programme. Far more than the gen 2. this obviously to improve emission's. So be careful.
Are we talking gen 3 or gen 2 ?

When you say you fitting the yosh and picked up 80+ wheel, is that over the stock exhaust or a different aftermarket company.
He’s talking about Yoshimura camshafts in conjunction with the supercharger...

Last edited:
Did some other person noticed that CM in the last minutes of the video of the Carbon Smith stacks he mentioned that he may have an inside scoop about Cams? He mentioned that when the Cams come out then the Gen 3 will reach the numbers we all want with any stacks combination so when do you think the date will be and what company do you think will be the one who bring them up?

@Robert 0046 what are your goals with the bike?

I called Web Cams earlier this year and the person who answered said they don’t have plans to make a gen3 specific cam but they do have Hayabusa cams and said they can make any custom grind you want. It seems like Gen 2 cams work if I’m reading PowerfulOne’s post correctly.

Wow 80 hp gain is a huge gain! Nice and the way I read it, I thought he meant it was from the exhaust too.

Last edited:
Would the stock gen3 cams have the same limiting effect on turbo setups?
If that’s the case, then the turbo crew are in for additional costs..

Back