Leave Cams stock for Turbo build?

Suzuki Squared

Registered
Hi everyone!

I’m currently doing a 400hp street turbo build with forged internals, and was wondering if I should keep the stock cams in, or upgrade them.

I’ve heard that for this kind of power and it being a street build that keeping the stock cams would be better/not worth upgrading to different ones.

If this is the case, would anyone know the best set up for the stock cams? I have heard 104-104 is the best, but then have heard similar with 105-105, up to 108-108.

Any knowledge in this situation would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Get adjusted cam gears if you need to tweak them but honestly between 380-400whp you really don’t need different cams. Talk with your builder/tuner and see what he recommends and depending on your Turbo where you want things. If you haven’t owned/ridden something like this, you’ll be shocked on the street over 300whp.

Hi everyone!

I’m currently doing a 400hp street turbo build with forged internals, and was wondering if I should keep the stock cams in, or upgrade them.

I’ve heard that for this kind of power and it being a street build that keeping the stock cams would be better/not worth upgrading to different ones.

If this is the case, would anyone know the best set up for the stock cams? I have heard 104-104 is the best, but then have heard similar with 105-105, up to 108-108.

Any knowledge in this situation would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
You should be fine with stock cams. To get more out of your setup I would suggest degree the cams. My bike made 490 with stock cams that are just degreed.

Back