What's Best 1441 Set On Nitrous?

busalife2016

Registered
hey guys I have been doing research on the 1441 kits....couple questions what's the best cam combo for them? It will be a street/track bike I may ride it 3 times a week to work. I heard when they get hot there hard to start so dual batteries is what I was told help. also with the 1441 say if I left the head alone not porting it and went with bigger cams and adjustable sprockets what hp numbers are we looking at? I was looking at also doing a 40 or 60 shot of nitrous on this build. Compression, cams, cam sprockets etc for a build...what's best setup with nitrous on a 1441 anything helps . Thanks!

What you want you won't be riding to work on it .
Big cams with no head work is like pissing in the wind .

Seen many try what your requesting , and its usually a very big headache . Good luck in your ventures

What you want you won't be riding to work on it .
Big cams with no head work is like pissing in the wind .

Seen many try what your requesting , and its usually a very big headache . Good luck in your ventures
Well how do the people normally get around on a 1441 they just get a bored cyclometer with stock cams and adjustable sprockets? So u would need a mild port, heavy duty springs and stainless valves? to do bigger cams? Just asking because idk I've did plenty

*cylinder....*ive tried to do plenty of research. So what is needed to be a reliable everyday motor and track/weekend warrior?

Your talking about spraying a big motor , doing cams but no head work . Just build a good 1441 no problem . You should call Carpenter let him school you on it . Nitrous = BOOM ! A half track / half steet rig makes for a lot of frustration. It does neither job well .

Yep, Gen1 block on a 1441 with nitrous. Honestly a stock bore motor with ported head, small cams and lots of nitrous works well also and you can run the stock block. Ti valves are just fine. Some people are afraid of them then other guys buy up those valves and use them.

If you want to spray a 1441 get a gen 1 cylinder
My 1441 is fine on the streets
Yes I'm gonna go the gen 1 cylinder...I was just not understanding why it couldn't be a reliable build were I could ride it to work I would maybe only spray 1-3 times a month if I made it too the track. What set are u running? Cams etc? I just wanted to do a small shot like 40 I would do the the valves also just wanting some advice on a good build preciate the help!

Yep, Gen1 block on a 1441 with nitrous. Honestly a stock bore motor with ported head, small cams and lots of nitrous works well also and you can run the stock block. Ti valves are just fine. Some people are afraid of them then other guys buy up those valves and use them.
I thought about going that route too! But I wanted to build a 1441 I'm going to use gen 1 block. What cams would be good?

Yes I'm gonna go the gen 1 cylinder...I was just not understanding why it couldn't be a reliable build were I could ride it to work I would maybe only spray 1-3 times a month if I made it too the track. What set are u running? Cams etc? I just wanted to do a small shot like 40 I would do the the valves also just wanting some advice on a good build preciate the help!

I have cp pistons, with a carpenter head and his 425 cams. I did the cylinder exchange with APE and I was very happy with the turn time they provided. They shipped the new cylinder and pistons the following day after receiving my block.
Some say not to run big cams on the street because they will eat buckets. I only have a couple thousand miles on my motor but so far no damage. I set idle at 1500, I run brad penn or Amsoil dominator oil, and 91 octane pump gas. I don't have any overheating problems or any issues I know of.

I have cp pistons, with a carpenter head and his 425 cams. I did the cylinder exchange with APE and I was very happy with the turn time they provided. They shipped the new cylinder and pistons the following day after receiving my block.
Some say not to run big cams on the street because they will eat buckets. I only have a couple thousand miles on my motor but so far no damage. I set idle at 1500, I run brad penn or Amsoil dominator oil, and 91 octane pump gas. I don't have any overheating problems or any issues I know of.
So u went with ape head then sent to carpenter to port and polish? Sorry I'm comin from a built Subaru to a motorcycle if some questions sound stupid! I appreciate all the info yea I didn't kno what cams to go with I was going to call carpenter

No you will send the stock head to who you want to port it
The hayabusa has a removable cylinder jug that you can send to APE and they have jugs on the shelf that are bored for a 1441.

2017-07-29_11-47-31.png

So u went with ape head then sent to carpenter to port and polish? Sorry I'm comin from a built Subaru to a motorcycle if some questions sound stupid! I appreciate all the info yea I didn't kno what cams to go with I was going to call carpenter
I have a couple of friends with portech heads and I am talking with Richard Simms now about a new head. I also have another friend that speaks highly of Cooper

any update of the build?
Nope nothing as of now. Me and my wife recently adopted a little boy(are first child) and let me tell you...9month olds are hand fulls lol. But my wife went ahead and gave me the go ahead so I contacted frank today spoke with him via email and will talk with him tomorrow about a quote. I have a quote from carpenter too but I like the idea of Boost anyways, I figure I would get bored with the 1441 and want more within a year compared to me upping the Boost and be fine. Will deff keep you guys posted deff looking forward to working with frank.

Do you have any issues with the motor on the street. I am looking forward to my build..

Back