HMF Big Bird or Tsukigi Cannon Gen2

tybusa1

Registered
Hello all I have a Gen 1Williford built 1441. Cams ported head etc. What exhaust would be best for a street driven roll on setup? The Gen 2 cannon or HMF Big Bird?

The Sumos are great but hard to come bye. If you can't get that I would look @ a Brock's Alienhead

brocks ct makes a boatload of power, but since you have the motor/head combo for it, look at the carpenter insidewinder. it's a sidewinder that fits inside the stock fairings, huge primaries with a 4/1 merge.

The big bird is an awesome pipe. Flows like h3ll. Just a little heavy though.
Thanks Bondoman I was looking for some comparisons between the two. So are you saying the big bird is better suited for my application vs the Tsukigi
cannon for a gen 2 busa?

BTW guys I really appreciate your answers and suggestions, but as of now I m only interested in the Cannon or Big Bird...

I can't offer the best opionion as I don't have the engine combo you do. I do have the Tsukigi Canon exhaust though. Brocks may be good, but in my opionion they are uuugly. I like the looks of the Canon and that along with reports that HP between Brocks and Canon were almost identical. When I bought the Canon, it was also quite a bit less costly. The welds and fit and finish on the Canon are superb. I have had it for 6 years and it looks as good now as it did when I installed it. The only complaint I had was with the noise. I added a noise suppressor kit supplied by Tsukigi (which is really nothing more than some extra packing and a different end plate) and that got the sound to an acceptable level. I think you would be happy with a Tsukigi Canon.

Thanks Bondoman I was looking for some comparisons between the two. So are you saying the big bird is better suited for my application vs the Tsukigi
cannon for a gen 2 busa?
The sound of the cannon is annoying to me. Big bird sounds better. Make sure if you use the bb to put heat shielding anywhere inside the plastic the pipe is near or touching.

The HMF sounds great at idle. Real deep tone but a little loud WOT. Probably quieter than the Cannon. Too bad the Ti-Force or Orient Express Sumo isn't available anymore for Gen Is. I have one and it does well everywhere and sounds good too.

The HMF sounds great at idle. Real deep tone but a little loud WOT. Probably quieter than the Cannon. Too bad the Ti-Force or Orient Express Sumo isn't available anymore for Gen Is. I have one and it does well everywhere and sounds good too.

Sumo is awesome. Had one loved it.

my bike is at williford racing getting the 1441 kit gen 2 and I will let you know what mine make on the 29th with the alien head 2.

my bike is at williford racing getting the 1441 kit gen 2 and I will let you know what mine make on the 29th with the alien head 2.
Cool ! My gen 1 1397 is at Steve Knecum"s turning into a 1441 with a Sumo I will let you know what it makes too

Nice numbers on pump gas.
I'm now interested in the Knecum build with the Sumo.
Got the bike back , all the odds and ends have been re installed I will be takeing for a tune soon ! The maps from the 1397 are way off so I dont want to run it on the road till it's sorted out . My AFgauge is reading 14.8 or 15's when gasing her open

Back