1397 vs Gen2

jumjum01

Registered
Hello guys. I had my gen1 1397 dynoed and the dyno operator found a piped Gen2 and compared in this dyno sheet.
I dont get how the gen2 can make more power from 3200 to 4700 rpm?!

The 1397 has 12.8:1 JE pistons, full akrapovic, Gen2 ECU, Gen2 TBs, Gen2 Exhaust cam (102/107), autotuned to 13.2 WOT
Cylinder head is ported/streamlined now, but same results with stock head.

1397 vs gen2.jpg

Guess Glenn71 had the answer in another post:
1397,s add torque and hp from about 5500 up,gen2 cranks add more street bottom end torque than a 84mm bore will. They speed the piston up away from tdc and aids port speed and hence more torque at lower revs for street use

head porting will affect port velocity which will affect power delivery. head porting isn’t one size fits all. they should be tailored to your engine specs and intended purpose. if your head is ported for high rpm hp delivery the dyno graph will reflect that.

head porting will affect port velocity which will affect power delivery. head porting isn’t one size fits all. they should be tailored to your engine specs and intended purpose. if your head is ported for high rpm hp delivery the dyno graph will reflect that.
Yes, but like I mentioned, even with stock cylinder head gen2 is stronger in that specific rpm range. The ported cylinder head I have on the bike now is ported/streamlined to aid flow without sacrificing low end power delivery too much.

Not a bad set up you have there. I like all the info you have posted lately. Some good tech info. I have a 1441 in my race bike and it has a pretty awesome power curve. It’s flat from 8k to 11k it gains about 5 hp in that area. Power starts to drop after 11k. I have always wanted to see what how much cam timing affects the power curve.

You going to put some nitrous on this beast?

In my opinion the biggest contributors would be cam timing and short stacks versus long stacks. But that being said your 1397 looks pretty good!

You said you're using Gen 2 throttle bodies, did you convert the whole system to Gen 2 electronics?

Not a bad set up you have there. I like all the info you have posted lately. Some good tech info. I have a 1441 in my race bike and it has a pretty awesome power curve. It’s flat from 8k to 11k it gains about 5 hp in that area. Power starts to drop after 11k. I have always wanted to see what how much cam timing affects the power curve.

You going to put some nitrous on this beast?
Thanks. Do you have a dyno sheet on your 1441? I am not going nitrous, but I just placed an order on a brand new Gen2 crankshaft, so I can join the 1441 club :-)

In my opinion the biggest contributors would be cam timing and short stacks versus long stacks. But that being said your 1397 looks pretty good!

You said you're using Gen 2 throttle bodies, did you convert the whole system to Gen 2 electronics?
Thanks.. Yes I did convert to gen2 electronics. I wanted to be able to use woolich autotune kit, which I bought for my SV1000 (sold). This is hand down the best mod I have done to the bike. It was a pain to ride with gen1 32bit ecu, because it would jerk at constant speeds. After the conversion and a couple of autotune sessions, the bike is flawless calm at any speed/rpm.

I started out with gen2 electronics and gen1 TBs, but later "upgraded" to gen2 TBs to see if there was any power hidden in the secondary injectors.

Thanks.. Yes I did convert to gen2 electronics. I wanted to be able to use woolich autotune kit, which I bought for my SV1000 (sold). This is hand down the best mod I have done to the bike. It was a pain to ride with gen1 32bit ecu, because it would jerk at constant speeds. After the conversion and a couple of autotune sessions, the bike is flawless calm at any speed/rpm.

I started out with gen2 electronics and gen1 TBs, but later "upgraded" to gen2 TBs to see if there was any power hidden in the secondary injectors.
How did you get the Gen 2 Throttle Bodies to fit?

I will give that a shot,,,,,on my spare parts :banana:
Maybe MORE FUEL Whoot
I did before and after dyno. No power gains at all on my 1397. lost 3 hp on top end, but reclaimed them going back to gen1 airbox bmc. But the idle control valve is nice.. always 1200rpm idle - hot or cold engine

I am going to keep the 1000's in the lowers of a set of Gen 2 TB if I can get them to fit
and prolly another set in the uppers
or maybe some 750cc ones I don't need a ton more fuel just some
What are you doing that requires more fuel than stock Gen 2 injectors? I run stock injectors with 80 hp nitrous and 1441 with no problem. Just an upgraded pump in the tank.

Edit: I lost track of who the OP was. Boost is the answer. There are direct fit injectors that flow quite a bit more than stock Gen2.

What are you doing that requires more fuel than stock Gen 2 injectors? I run stock injectors with 80 hp nitrous and 1441 with no problem. Just an upgraded pump in the tank.

Edit: I lost track of who the OP was. Boost is the answer. There are direct fit injectors that flow quite a bit more than stock Gen2.
GT4088 Turbo with Gen 1 throttle bodies and 4 ID1000 injectors will be out of fuel around 500 Hp
you yeah you guessed it BOOOST

Back