Cant Decide

I cant seem to decide between a 1441 nitrous motor, 1464 all bore nitrous motor with a billet block or stock displacement Turbo motor.

1441- Head/cams/2mil stroker with forged internals
1464- Head/Cams all bore with Forged internals
1298- Head Forged Internals with a 3076r

Bike is sitting at low at 66" at the moment

Shooting for 400hp from the motor to go have some fun on the track

I know all the pros and cons of each just cant make up my mind

I have wondered if anybody made a billet block...if they do are the coolant passages? or is it a drag only block? This is probably a dumb question but is the block basically the part between the head and the trans/crank split case? Just the jugs area?

1441 with nitrous for 400rwhp thats one big shot of nitrous. I think you might find it better just to do stock bore turbo if your wanting to get 400rwhp

You've sprayed a 600HP-shot in a small block... ???

What aftermarket block...?

Actually it was close to 800 ( car was setup on 3 stages, forgot to set an off rpm for the first stage and sprayed all 3) , Production Aluminum block with Darton MID sleeves, billet mains, billet Bryant crank, allpro 12* heads, sheetmetal intake, drysump, etc

here is a picture of the intake, 2 direct ports (1 top side, 1 underside) and a plate off the line
ImageShack Links Do Not Work

That V8 is nothing like a Busa motor. A street bigbore ( 1441 ) at maybe 225HP than another 100 shot ontop and your topped out for that. Turbo with the right mods, tuning and 600+hp.

hmmm sounds like a turbo build to me... having run a lot of 500" nitrous motors... you willl need to drag a refill station around with you if you have a rowdy day...

300hp is a cakewalk on stock motor.. 400 cant be that far away :)

We know we will have to play with the head a lot to get the Cross section and port volume where we want it to get the nitrous in and out efficiently but 100hp on the unit is nothing even for a 1441, 200-250 should be possible before it starts backing up into the port with the proper solenoids and controller. but thats besides the point.

hmmm sounds like a turbo build to me... having run a lot of 500" nitrous motors... you willl need to drag a refill station around with you if you have a rowdy day...

300hp is a cakewalk on stock motor.. 400 cant be that far away :)

ive got a refill station in the Trailer and 2 mother bottles, im use to having 10 full 10lb bottles ready for weekend

there's a bounty/reward of $1k for a nitrous busa to take Guy's nitrous LSR record.

Build whatever monster and spray it to the moon. Keep a running tab going for engines and go fo the LSR record. 400hp nitrous busa bike would be great to see. :thumbsup:

Eventualy you'll realize how much easier it is and cost effective to just buy a 400hp turbo kit from RCC or Big CC :beerchug:

Um, could be wrong (usually am) but I thought both Ali (MPS/F1350 @ 229.6 mph) and Steve Knekum (MPS/F3000 @ 235.2 mph) both kind of blew Guy's nitrous record out of the water up at Loring.

Back